Green Veggie - Sheung Wan

Contact +852-27713260

Room AB, 1/F, Finance Building, 254 Des Voeux Rd Central, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong, China,

天然齋, at 上環德輔道中254號金融商業大廈1樓AB室, opened Jun 2014. Taoist fine dining with English on menu. Access from Hillier street. Nearest MTR, Sheung Wan Exit A1. Sends charitable lunch boxes to those in need. Open Mon-Sat 11:30am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese

First Review by Stevie

a little indifferent - Edit

We were allowed to eat though told we should be gone by 7.30 as they were booked up. Yes it has a sign saying members only so it's exclusive. One out of two waitresses was friendly and explained the menu. It's mainly mock seafood, which I don't like. We had mock sweet and sour pork and a tasty braised mushroom dish. Free purple sago dessert. Food was not bad. Service a bit indifferent. Rice took ages to come after the mains. I guess we didn't get priority treatment.

Cons: too much mock seafood

Delicate flavors - Edit

I was there for dinner on December 05. The place is located on the second floor above Starbucks, with the entrance on the side street. Set menu (with English translation) with choice of appetizer, soup, main and one dessert. Very clean and relaxed atmosphere with friendly, superb service.
I ordered the veggie pork and it was delicious, very delicate flavors. My appetizer was good as well. Didn't care much for the soup. If you are into mild, delicate flavors this is your place.

Pros: Price, service, location

A1*** On My List! - Edit

Friends- do not hesitate to take the time to enjoy a meal at Green Veggie...Being vego we have visited many vegetarian cafes & restaurants {internationally, aside from being many places to try in HK}.
The menu is in Chinese & we went with the set menu.
What was apparent to us is that the owners & staff actually mind what they are doing, so deliver the whole experience with care & gentleness in a way that was refreshing & sweet!
The atmosphere was homely & warm - the setting impeccably clean, and I adored that crockery & cutlery topped off the overall vibe with a touch of beauty and aesthetic not often enough found in the 'vegetarian setting'.
In addition these folks make a contribution to the local elderly community by delivering some 500 lunch boxes regularly, so your meal money is well invested...
Thanx guys, and your waitstaff and general ethos are doing you proud-much appreciation for the experience.

Pros: kool ethos of care in community, exceptional staff, impeccably clean & cared for setting

Cons: none, none, none

Green Veggie, Hong Kong - Edit

I spun along here today in the time period in between lunch and dinner. They have a special menu on offer in this time window. The menu is in Chinese only. This wasn't an issue though as the waitress was more than helpful in explaining each dish in English. Indeed if I had my own business these two girls working here today would be exactly the kind of people I would look to employ in cust services for their pleasant and helpful demeanour.

I had crispy noodle chow mein. 48 bucks seemed great value to me.

The place has a members club license. Thus I had to complete a form (i.e. add my name and phone number to a small piece of paper). It was no big deal at all and I have a membership card should I go back.

Pros: Pleasant, helpful staff, Vegan friendly

Return to Hong Kong Island Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Green Veggie - Sheung Wan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.