Green Sushi

Contact 33118899

Gronnegade 28, Copenhagen, Denmark,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small sushi place with seating on the second floor. Has marked vegan choices on the menu, which include tofu, avocado, edamame, tofu 'n' nuts, tofu with spicy sauce, smoked tofu, and shitake mushroom. No Mastercards.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Japanese, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by celeste

delicious but pricey - Edit

Very good sushi !! They have the vegan options on the menu which is nice ! It's a bit pricey compared to how much you get but it's very tasty and a bit different from other sushi places. Also you get a choice of white or brown rice and that is great !

Better than Japanese! - Edit

Based on the rave reviews on Happy Cow I went to Green Sushi in Copenhagen. Thank you all, it was worth the effort! The restaurant is in the middle of the tourist area of the city and easy to find. Because so many tourist come here, menu's are in English and the entire staff speaks English.

Because the actual dinner room is on the second floor, it looks empty on ground level (which is for take out only). The second floor looks nice and cosy with a warm and welcoming atmosphere.

I opted for the vegan menu, which consists of 14 pieces of sushi. Green Sushi doesn't try to make a vegan imitation of Japanese sushi, but instead gives it own Danish interpretation. The vegan set consists of nigiri tofu cashew / avocado / teriyaki, maki tofu avocado / spicy sauce, sushi umeboshi / mango and sushi tempura asparagus. While these ingredients all sound Japanese, the way they are prepared is Danish and if I'm honest... it's better than Japanese sushi!

While Japanese sushi focusses on the pure taste of one ingredient, Green Sushi mixes traditional Japanese ingredients into a rich palette. On top of the great taste, it looks good and is presented beautifully (the staff actually encourages the guests to take pictures of the food and share it on social media). When I couldn't decide between brown and white rice, they served me a mixed plate of both. Great service!

Do note that this restaurant only takes cash and VISA. MasterCard creditcard and Maestro debit cards are not accepted (apparently because it takes too long to process). The price of the vegan set is 159 DDK, which is about 20 euro. Not cheap, but absolutely worth it.

Pros: great taste, many vegan options, all English

Cons: Copenhagen is so far away!

great - Edit

I got the vegan combo one, which was 18 US dollar 119 dkk. I was anxious about how much I spent until it was brought out. Two types of incredible sushi, a lot of edamame, miso soup, and these yummy rice dessert things.

It kept me full and was really delicious. Not to mention the great location.

I would definitely recommend!

labels vegan, expensive smells bad - Edit

I have eaten Japanese Sushi from a 100% Vegan restuarant in London and nothing else compares to it.

The sushi here was ok, I have had and even made better ones myself. The area inside is nice upstairs to sit. The smell however is revolting. Smells like I am in some mortuary. I personally wouldn't go there again. They are also expensive.

Pros: Vegan sushi , Nice seating

Cons: Expensive , Smells horrid, Serves animal flesh and secretions

Cosy place, delicious - Edit

Small, cosy restaurant in an old, crooked Copenhagen building. Absolutely love the vegan rice paper rolls. Wish that it was possible to get the vegan menu without cashews - fortunately there are other vegan options. Everything I've tried has been delicious and I am glad to know that when I eat together with people who eat fish, the fish are responsibly sourced. The lunch menu is cheaper than the evening menu. Book a table if you want to go on a Friday or Saturday night or if you are more than 2-3 people.

Pros: Delicious, Great location and ambience, Amazing rice paper rolls

LOVE IT!! - Edit

I wish I lived near Copenhagen. Unfortunately I live 2 or 3 hours away... Anyway, I loooovee Green Sushi. I got the most delicious and vegan sushi there. They have a whole menu for vegans. Well, it can get pretty expensive if you have to try everything but it's worthy because it's sooo good!!

Pros: VERY GOOD, Friendly staff, centrum & good place

Cons: Quite expensive

BEST SUSHI EVER - Edit

In Copenhagen for 3 days and we ate here twice for dinner, it was so good that we HAD to return.

Highly recommend the 14 piece vegan set - the inari is to die for. EAT HERE.

Updated from previous review on Monday April 13, 2015

Pros: vegan, amazing inari, choice

Cons: pricey

Expensive but tasty - Edit

This place is certainly expensive (for a non-local, at least), but the food was fantastic and it's a really nice, stylish place. We had the 14 piece vegan sushi set and it was absolutely beautiful - it was very convenient also to know that it was all safe to eat. Unfortunately though we were charged for tap water, which is obscene.

Cons: Expensive

Love this sushi - Edit

Green sushi is always something I look forward to when I come back to Copenhagen, even though I don't agree: it is not inexpensive. I find it quite expensive, but maybe I am just not used to Denmark prices, more to Berlin prices.

The vegan menu is really good, as well as the edamame and don't forget to take a tang salad. This is so healthy and yummy! It is good that you can order your sushi also with brown rice.

It is a nice little place and you can also sit outside, the stuff is really nice.
Updated from previous review on Friday March 07, 2014

Pros: good and healthy food

Cons: expensive

OK - Edit

Sushi is good, but I was disappointed. I payed 124,- for mixed vegan menu with water. Soy sauce was too salty for my taste, wasabi too hot (it burned in my neck, which is not normally the case), and there was too much cucumber in my rolls. I went with the brown rice, and all my pieces fell apart.

While I could be convinced to try this place again, I'd rather try a new place.

Pros: Friendly staff

Cons: Expensive

Very tasty but expensive - Edit

They have really a big choice of vegan sushi, we had some very tasty vegan sushi, but we went away still a little bit hungry.... it is expensive indeed. At least for people coming from other countries.

Pros: big vegan choice, very tasty, nice place

Cons: expensive

A good place for eating good and cheapy food - Edit

It's the first place where I wanted to come back when I returned to Cph. The quality of the food is very good, from makis to the miso soup. There is a'special'menu apart for vegans. I raccomended the 'menus' because are rich and tasty, in particular the 'Vegan menu 2' which includes the amazing 'tofu'n'nuts maki'. The place is cute and-an important thing-the water is free (unlike the other places in Cph). Oh, and the prices are very good!

Pros: Food quality, Prices, Tofu'n'nuts maki

Cons: No one

Good vegan Sushi - Edit

I can't judge the restaurant as I just got myself the small Vegan menue (2 tofu, 4 small avocado, 5 tofu'n'nuts) as a take away. They made it fresh and I was waiting only for a few minutes. 79 DKK is a reasonable price in Copenhagen I would say.
I have to admit that it was the first Sushi in my life ever, so I can't compare, but I liked it. And the place looked nice so I think I will go back there.

Pros: good food, nice stuff

Vegan sushi in Denmark,at last!! - Edit

I ate at Green Sushi for the first time,just yesterday. My husband and I decided to treat ourselves to dinner out,since we rarely get to do it. I absolutely LOVE sushi and has actually been the only thing I have craved since being pregnant. Sad thing is,most sushi places only have cucumber rolls or California rolls. Boring. Green Sushi has soon really nice,more interesting than usual rolls,and,for Denmark,the place is reasonably priced! We actually got a full sushi dinner,with drinks,cheaper than an Indian buffet (that's just sad). The dining room was cute,and upstairs,or you can order to-go. We hope to go back soon,possibly for our anniversary,and get the big vegan menu to try a bit more of what they have. We did each get the smaller vegan menu-I think it was 109 DKK,and then an extra umeboshi maki roll. My husband got a glass of organic wine and I just had a Bio-something drink. We will definitely be going back asap. Good thing it's not closer or this pregnant lady would be there every day! Yes,this place is good,and refreshing,for Denmark. If you've had vegan sushi in other cities,like LA or NYC,you MIGHT be disappointed,but remember,this is Copenhagen. Be happy we have anything vegan,here.

Pros: actual vegan menu, good price , great service

Cons: a tiny bit out of the way, could have more variety

Return to Copenhagen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Green Sushi closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4345 times since Dec 2010.