CLOSED: Green Spot Kitchen

754-223-5558

1506 E Commercial Blvd, Oakland Park, Florida, USA, 33334

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has veggie wraps, fresh juices, and smoothies. Free Wi-Fi. Opened Sept 2013. FEB 2016 REPORTED SHUT.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Organic, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Michael X. James

Fresh Healthy Food! - Edit

Finally some real food! My husband and daughter love home cooked meals. This is so close to fresh home cooked meals. We had Bison Tacos, Chic Which and a Greek Salad. The salad was large enough for all three of us to share! All full of flavor and fusion. After we had a Acai Berry Bowl my daughter ate the whole thing on her own. We will be back next week to try some other recommendations. The staff is real helpful and its a cute spot with great music. Go Green

Pros: All tasty and organic, Vegan Options and Free Range Meats, Smoothies and Juices

Cons: Hard to find look for the green corner!, Small Place but real cozy

New but promising - Edit

If I was writing a review for a non-veggie website I'd be much less critical of my experience with The Green Spot Kitchen. It's only been open two months so there are still many kinks that need to be worked out. I got a cup of lentil soup, the veggie burger sliders and a tropical smoothie. The soup was pretty good. It was a good amount for the price and while there was nothing mind-blowing about the flavor, it was a satisfying start to my meal. Next the smoothie came out. Pretty straight forward...coconut milk, pineapple and banana. Like the soup, nothing that'd make me crave to want to go back and get another but it did the job. Finally the veggie burger sliders. To make the sliders they put a patty between two slices of bread and cut it into four triangles. Not exactly what I had in mind when I was ordering but it wasn't bad.

All-in-all the food was decent enough that I'd be willing to come back in a few months to see how much they've grown. Right now they are still finding their footing (and it shows), however, I've had much worse meals at much more established places in this area so I have hope that things will start to improve soon. They serve meat and my guess is that the majority of their efforts thus far have been to catering to their non-veggie crowd because the vegan options kind of remind of a place that has vegan options simply to cater to everyone (focus more on having the veg options instead of focusing on the flavor). The service was very friendly.

Pros: Clearly marked vegan/gluten-free options, Friendly service, Lots of potential

Cons: Food is just ok, Not many exciting vegan options (yet), Still working out the kinks of operation

Return to Oakland Park Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Green Spot Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.