Green Seed Vegan

713-487-8346

4320 Almeda Rd, Houston, Texas, USA, 77004

Vegan restaurant and elixir bar serving plant-based meals. Makes sandwiches, vegan burgers, fries, sweet potato fries, raw food, smoothies and juices. Soy and gluten free. Confirmed still open July 2016. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Raw, Juice bar, Take-out, Catering

First Review by rvasquez

Great Spot for a Healthy Meal - Edit

Green Seed Vegan is very nondescript from the outside. I didn't even think they were open. However, once inside, the space is small but welcoming with a nice vibe.
They offer a decent selection of raw foods as well as cooked, with fresh juices, smoothies, and desserts. The prices are reasonable for this style food. I had a delicious Notyo Salad with raw sunflower chorizo. It was super tasty, although not as filling as I had hoped...mostly microgreens, a decent amount of avocado, but not a lot of the sunflower chorizo. The cashew cream on top was pretty tasty. The juices are pre-bottled, but I think they are made onsite. I got a salted caramel cupcake to go. At first it seemed a little hard, like it might have been a bit stale, but it was actually really good.
I will definitely try to hit up Green Seed the next time I am in Houston. I will probably try a panini...the Tosh with maple garbanzo tempeh and grilled plantains sounds super tasty.

Pros: All vegan menu, Healthy Options, Vegan cupcakes

Cons: Tiny parking lot and inside space

Tasty panini - Edit

All vegan. Panini was delicious. Smoothie tasty. Cupcakes a little hard but tasty.

Pros: Good basic food and smoothies

Cons: More dessert options

Cute restaurant - Edit

I've come here a couple times & they have a decent menu & the food is pretty good & not too pricey

Pros: Decent food

Cons: Parking, Small space

Tasty But Small Servings - Edit

I had a wrap, which was fine, but not memorable at all. My plate of food was expensive for the quantity. Small dining area with limited seating and tiny parking lot.

Pros: Entirely vegan restaurant

Cons: expensive for portion size, limited seating, tiny

Great Food Great Service! - Edit

Tried the Tacos, the Nori Rolls, the Cauliflower Poppers and the mushrooms. All amazing! Very friendly service. Will come back when in Houston!!!

great place - Edit

Loveeeeeeeeeeeee it

get the caliburger!!! So good - Edit

the place is quiet and nice. Cali Burger was damn good

Gourmet vegan from truck to restaurant - YES! - Edit

Refreshing review since food truck became restaurant few years back. Food as excellent, tasty, satisfying as ever. Frequented by vegans & nons, so the compact space gets crowded lunch & dinner time, & parking can be challenging.
Delicious paninis, all, and my favorite side is now the Cauli nuggets, which I would eat daily if I lived closer. Worth the drive.
Tasty, healthy, hearty affordable vegan food - YES!

The nation's fourth largest city is now playing big league in the foodie truck universe with Green Seed Vegan. Gourmet vegan food from a truck - who knew?
Highly recommend the Porta-panini, succulent, sliced baby portabella mushrooms grilled with mashed sweet potatoes served between panini slices. My side was the fresh-cut sweet potato fries, sprinkled with fresh dill and a hint of sea salt.
A berry blast smoothie rounded out my lunch - something to drink and dessert all in one.
Planning on working my way through the menu, as another reviewer mentioned.
It's a bit of a drive for me, yet one I will gladly make for food this good, at very affordable prices.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday June 14, 2011

Pros: excellent, great tasting food, good value, fresh, vegan

Cons: Compact dining area, Parking challenging when busy

Amazing - Edit

Decided to check this place out while visiting downtown and was not in the least disappointed. An amazing menu and cute place. The vegan chipolte panini and sweet potato fries were delicious. Highly recommend.

Pros: eclectic menu, raw food available , juices and elixirs available

Cons: no free wi-fi

LOVE LOVE LOVE GSV - Edit

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED ✌

Pros: quality, aesthetic, delicious raw options

Love the food - Edit

The food is always fresh and delicious here also one of the staff ladies are very sweet and always welcoming! I love coming here! The only thing I would change is the size of the place and the fact that the menu is to small for my horrible eye sight. I squint at it for at least 20 minutes before ordering lol.

Pros: Great food, Great service , Fast service

Cons: Inside is pretty small, Wish they had little menus , Kind of pricy

Good food! - Edit

I liked the feel of this place - it's a small joint, so things feel a little more personal. Like a previous reviewer said, it looks a lot nicer on the inside than the outside.

I ordered the cauliflower nuggets and the Big Texas. Husband ordered the dill fries and the jackfruit burger. The items were fresh and of good quality but felt a little on the smaller side for what we were paying.

Pros: Healthy, Fresh Ingredients

Cons: Small Portions, No online menu

Great small Vegan stop! - Edit

A lot nicer inside than it looked. Was pretty small inside but had quite a few seating areas for such a small building. Ordered Hibiscus tea (sweetened tea) which was good. Great Cauliflower nuggets $5. Wish that would give a bit more. Saw someone's salad after I already ordered and it looked delicious. I would defiantly order the sprout salad next time.

I don't know if it was the time I came (2pm) but they seemed to be out of a lot of things-- no desserts, no nori rolls. I did have to wait a while for the food. They were a bit busy.

Pros: Great vegan food! Caulifower nuggets!, Lots of options for vegan/gulten free, / raw vegan

Cons: Small space- Gets crowded easily/parking, food wait-time/made 2order so its fresh!, No desserts/treats available (2pm)

Pretty Darn Good - Edit

I really enjoy the occasional visit to Green Seed. Their food is always unique and yummy but their menu is small so I try to space out my visits.

Staff is very friendly and the food is tasty. Give it a shot (especially the cauliflower nuggets!).

Food was good - Edit

We had a burger and a panini. The burger was good and tasty. The panini was ok, but nothing special. Unfortunately, they were out of both the smoothies we wanted. The service was not too good/nice. The girl did not seem very friendly, but I guess that is just how she is. I didn't find her different with the other customers.
The place is quite small.
I like that they have biodegradable plates, forks and knifes.

Pros: All vegan , Biodegradable cups, forks, knifes , Parking

Cons: Small place, Unfriendly service

Amazing food + Amazing atmosphere - Edit

This place is definitely on my top 5 restaurants in Houston, Texas. Not only is the decor absolutely adorable (I'm such a sucker) but the food was fantastic. I had the Green Seed Burger with a side of sweet potato fries and I was floored by how flavorful it was. The burger tasted like a LEGIT BURGER. The greens were fresh, the bun was nice, and the patty? Don't get me started on the patty.

The only complaint I have is that you have to be careful when you go. It's a small restaurant so it can get crowded. BUT if you go at the right time, it has such a nice vibe with chill jazzy music. You could probably chill, eat, do business or homework, and relax. It's THAT much of an amazing vibe.

Definitely recommend!

Pros: Excellent Food, Wide Range of Selections, Nice Atmosphere

Cons: Small area, Gets crowded easy

Delicious Food and Wonderful Smoothies/Drinks - Edit

We found Green Seed Vegan during a trip through Houston in September 2013. We had delicious freshly prepared smoothies and delicious sandwiches; also freshly prepared.

Service was excellent, the staff very friendly and accommodating. Everything was clean/neat. The place is on the small/intimate side.

Definitely one of the better places we dined while in Houston.

Pros: Great Smoothies, Delicious Vegan Selection, Friendly service

Cons: Out of the way location near Downtown , Tight parking

Excellent Vegan + Raw Food - Edit

Hard to believe... this restaurant started out in a food truck! The food is beautifully presented and taste as good as it looks! Although, I wish there was more variety esp. for Gluten Free. I would love a Gluten Free Burger + Bun! And I wish there were Platter:Lunch/Dinner Specials! Staff is extremely friendly and restaurant has nice atmosphere.
Updated from previous review on Saturday February 22, 2014

Updated from previous review on Saturday February 22, 2014

Pros: True Delicious Vegan Food, Lots of Gluten Free Options, Gluten Free Cupcakes

Cons: No Specials (to speak of), Gets Pricey, Location/Parking

Return to Houston Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Green Seed Vegan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.