Green Salmon Coffee and Tea House

• Veg-friendly
Contact 541-547-3077

220 Hwy 101N, Yachats, Oregon, USA, 97498

Serves meat, vegan options available. Coffee shop and cafe offering vegetarian and a couple vegan choices. Focus is on fairly-traded and organic ingredients. Features organic coffee, loose leaf tea, and a small menu of from-scratch baked sweets and savories.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Juice bar, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by blisssu

A wonderful find - Edit

The Green Salmon was recommended by a server in Newport, so we decided to check it out. Outstanding! The coffee was delicious (a generous cup), and the vegan pastries divine. This is definitely my new favorite place in Yachats!

Oasis on the Coast - Edit

We hesitated when we read the name, but inside found a vegan-friendly place (hard to come by on the Oregon coast) that appeared to be a neighborhood hub. The Green Salmon offers coffee drinks, Italian sodas, "teas and herbals" and a 12-item list of breakfast and lunch dishes posted on a blackboard. You place your order and pay at the cashier, find a seat at one of the multi-party tables in the eclectically furnished dining room and pick up your food when someone from the kitchen calls your name. The casual and relaxed lunchtime atmosphere fits well in this seaside village. I ordered a very good avocado, lettuce and tomato whole wheat wrap with a tempe bacon add-on, lots of avocado and smeared with Veganaise. There was a vegan falafel wrap that was sold out, and one or two items that could be veganized with the use of different dressing or substitution of Earth Balance (which the restaurant offers) for butter. We also stopped for breakfast, when offerings include a vegan granola and a hot cereal made with amaranth, quinoa and polenta. My husband had a generous plate of whole wheat bagel with hummus, tomato, lettuce, and onion. I had a very fine vegan scone served with Earth Balance. We are happy to return to The Green Salmon whenever we're nearby on the coast.

Pros: friendly neighborhood atmosphere, vegan options , food made to order

Cons: only open for breakfast and lunch

Return to Yachats Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Green Salmon Coffee and Tea House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 957 times since Aug 2012.