Green Sage Cafe - South

Contact 828-274-4450

1800 Hendersonville Rd, Asheville, North Carolina, USA, 28803

Serves meat, vegan options available. 2nd location of this coffeehouse cafe. Order at counter and food is brought to you. Choices for vegans, vegetarians, gluten-free marked on menu. Breakfast all day includes tofu scramble as a substitute for egg.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by GypsyHealer

Great breakfast - Edit

We stopped here to grab a quick breakfast to go. I tried the yummy chia pudding bowl, and my partner got an omni breakfast sandwich that he was pleased with. They have quite a few vegan and gluten free options that sounded good. If I lived in Asheville, I would probably go here often.

Pros: Vegan, gluten free options labeled, Quick service , Inexpensive

favorite spot in Asheville - Edit

My husband and I are vegan, eat gluten free, and are big-time foodies. It's hard to find a place where we can get a satisfying breakfast. This place is amazing. I had a Buddha bowl for brunch and it was so good--fresh veggies and hummus with a tasty dressing. I had a matcha latte and it was awesome--definitely a rare treat to have this drink outside of my home. My husband had a breakfast scramble with tofu and root hash. I would recommend all of these dishes. Really worth a visit to any of the Green Sage locations in Asheville

Pros: breakfast all day, plenty of whole plant food dishes, matcha lattes!

Cons: honestly can't think of any!

Typical cafe fare with lots of vegan options. - Edit

This place is nice. They are a basic cafe with typical breakfast and lunch entrees. Luckily, there is a vegan option for most of the menu items, including breakfast biscuit sandwiches, scrambles, pancakes, and basically everything. They also have a great tea selection and several baked goods. I had a breakfast bowl and it was really good, a tad pricey for what you get, but still tasted good.

Amazing! - Edit

I've been here twice so far. The first time I got the Ginger Miso Bowl with tempeh. It was to die for! I ordered the large and had quite a bit to take home for later as well!

The second time, I ordered the Curry Cashew Salad Wrap and it was also really good! It was much larger than I anticipated and I couldn't finish the entire thing!

I've also tried their cold matcha with the rice milk and an almond butter vegan brownie, and loved them both!

Pros: quick service, more than just one or two options

Just so-so - Edit

In town from NW Indiana and was excited to see there was a vegan breakfast place close to where I was staying. Unfortunately it did not meet my expectations; I ordered the Green Sage plate vegan style; the kale was very fibrous and tough; sweet potatoes, tofu and biscuits w/ gravy all seasoned well but didn't really work well together. Even the fruit I ordered left something to be desired as it was under ripe and out of season. I also ordered a Matcha Green Tea latte...it was alright but I waited 20 minutes for it. Doubt I'd visit this place again...unless maybe the downtown location is better??? This might be a great place for non-vegans, but this vegan was not impressed.

Pros: Some vegan options

Cons: food subpar, very slow service

Pleasantly Surprised - Edit

Generally, I don't like to eat at a restaurant that is not full-service. But Green Sage was a pleasant surprise. You go to the counter and place your order, and they bring your food to your table. The food was exceptionally good and a good value. I got the Caribbean Pineapple rice bowl with tempeh. It included red cabbage and red pepper, which were not listed on the menu but were a welcome addition to the dish. Some of the ingredients at Green Sage are even organic. The menu is well marked as to what is vegan, organic, and gluten-free. Ambiance is simple and clean and spacious. I'm glad I discovered this place. This is a second, newer branch of Green Sage, whose original location is in downtown Asheville.

Pros: Vegan options, Great value, Lots of choices

Cons: Meat on the menu

Great Place - Edit

This is my favorite places to eat and to hang out in South Asheville! As a gluten free, vegetarian, there are many choices. The staff is always wonderful. It is a wonderful place to plug in your computer, have coffee or tea, and chill out in a peaceful environment!
It is located in a small shopping area, Dingle Creek, with ample parking, and easy access from Hendersonville Road. Breakfast is served all day too! I have never been disappointed with any selection at Green Sage!

Pros: Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free

Return to Asheville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Green Sage Cafe - South closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1601 times since Dec 2012.