First Review by N. Hanson

Great selection - Edit

I love this place. It is like a mini whole foods. I do a good portion of my grocery shopping here. They have a great selection of pretty much everything you may need and they have a whole wall of bulk foods. I love the fact that they are the gravity dispensers instead of the ones that you reach into with a scoop. I HATE those scoop bulk bins (OCD about germs)
Their products are usually priced the same or slightly cheeper than the other grocery stores. The employees are super helpful and I usually wind up taking forever to shop because I wind up chatting with them :-) They carry seasonal produce and a TON of locally made products.
They also have a cafe. I have had smoothies, soups and some raw deserts that were all really good.

Pros: friendly staff, great selection, reasonable prices.

Try the raw food bar - Edit

This is the most extraordinary food! I had zucchini pasta (strips of zucchini) with non-cooked marinara sauce that was unbelievably delicious. Then I had an apple pie with no sugar that wasn't cooked that was remarkable. Finally there was this banana/cocoa smoothie that was just like a dessert - no sugar! They are going to have to get more than 2 tables if this keeps up.

Pros: excellent food, no sugar, friendly staff

Cons: only two tables

Return to Syracuse Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Green Planet Grocery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1486 times since Jul 2010.