Green Planet Grocery

• Health-food-store Health Store
315-488-7777

3514 W Genesee St (at opposite Fairmount Fair), Syracuse, New York, USA, 13209

Health food store stocking a wide range of products from seasonal local produce, fair-trade, fresh bread, and prepackaged meals to bulk staples, herbs and spices, and packaged organic canned food. Open Mon-Sat 8:00am-10:00pm, Sun 10:00am-8:00pm.

First Review by N. Hanson

A great little store with a giant selection. - Edit

A great little store with a giant selection and lots of heart. They make some fantastic vegan chili in their cafe as well, I shop there whenever possible.

Great selection - Edit

I love this place. It is like a mini whole foods. I do a good portion of my grocery shopping here. They have a great selection of pretty much everything you may need and they have a whole wall of bulk foods. I love the fact that they are the gravity dispensers instead of the ones that you reach into with a scoop. I HATE those scoop bulk bins (OCD about germs)
Their products are usually priced the same or slightly cheeper than the other grocery stores. The employees are super helpful and I usually wind up taking forever to shop because I wind up chatting with them :-) They carry seasonal produce and a TON of locally made products.
They also have a cafe. I have had smoothies, soups and some raw deserts that were all really good.

Pros: friendly staff, great selection, reasonable prices.

Try the raw food bar - Edit

This is the most extraordinary food! I had zucchini pasta (strips of zucchini) with non-cooked marinara sauce that was unbelievably delicious. Then I had an apple pie with no sugar that wasn't cooked that was remarkable. Finally there was this banana/cocoa smoothie that was just like a dessert - no sugar! They are going to have to get more than 2 tables if this keeps up.

Pros: excellent food, no sugar, friendly staff

Cons: only two tables

Return to Syracuse Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Green Planet Grocery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.