Green Peapod Thai

Contact 815-578-9999

1225 N Green St, Mc Henry, Illinois, USA, 60050

Serves meat, vegan options available. Large, modern decor. Thai food menu, some dishes could be made vegan upon request. Has vegetable dishes, soups, and a few veg suitable appetizers. Open .

Category: Ovo, Thai, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by debbo2

Might be my favorite Pad Thai yet. - Edit

We were just passing thru; well worth it. The environment was inviting and service friendly. We mentioned "no fish sauce", and server said, "oh, vegan?"...so felt comfortable ordering.

We shared Pad Thai and Lard Nar, both with tofu. Very generous portions. The noodles in the lard nar were slightly fried/crisped; a nice texture/taste addition. The sauce was a slightly sweet black bean paste, with steamed broccoli decorating the margin of the dish. The pad Thai was presented colorfully with fresh shredded carrot/cabbage and bean sprouts over nicely cooked rice e noodles slathered in a really flavorful sweet chili sauce. Tofu for both was bite-size diced and lightly braised.

We tried the spring rolls. They were uniquely done, and we didn't like the flavors.

Definitely worth the trip.

Pros: Pad Thai, portion sizes

Excellent Food ! ! - Edit

This place was Great! I am a new veg and I have found a number of dishes that are really delicious. I'm not one for spicey so I kept my dishes mild but there are dishes with little to no spices at all. Thier Green Pea Fried rice is excellent, it has pineapple and walnuts; very tasty. The service was very warm as well! Two Thumbs WAY Up!

Pros: Cozy / Warm, Taste, Price

Cons: limited seating, limited parking

Green Peapod - Edit

This restaurant is VERY good. Best in the area. Love the food. Tofu option for all dishes. Is made mild spice, but can get spicy if wanted. Rama Very good.

Pros: Good Service, Calm atmosphere

Cons: small parking, but parking near

Return to Mc Henry Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Green Peapod Thai closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 888 times since Aug 2012.