Green Papaya

Contact 904-696-8886

13141 City Station Dr, Jacksonville, Florida, USA, 32218

Serves meat, vegan options available. Good atmosphere, 5 minute drive from Jacksonville International Airport. Thai food and Pan Asian menu that's meat-based but has tofu. Be sure to inquire about fish sauce, etc. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:30pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:30pm, Sun 11:30am-9:30pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Thai, Beer/Wine, Pan Asian, Non-veg

First Review by CRVeg

Most excellent - Edit

Friendly people, nice place and great food. We had 2 vegetarians and an omnivore. All were happy. The vegetables were fresh and the sauces were tasty. They are able to modulate the heat in the dishes. We also talked to one of the cooks and he did say that they could modify some of the soups to make them vegetarian which was great to hear. This place is a keeper.
They do have beer and wine, too. It was the first time I saw Kirin Light. It was a very tasty light beer.

Pros: Great food, Friendly people, Comfortable

Fantastic Thai food - Edit

They "get" the whole vegan thing and have a terrific selection of flavorful dishes. Their curries are outstanding; if you want fire, they'll actually give you fire, which is refreshing. Service is also great!!

Pros: great food , easy parking

Great vegan options - Edit

Green Payaya is a nice option for vegan thai...they offer tofu substitutes for every meal...they know the vegan language so ask your server for some options...but you can easily modify the options...I get the amazing curry with tofu...and fresh summer rolls with tofu and papaya...good food...and good peeps running it...

fried rice - Edit

We live very close to this spot so we frequent it often and the waiters know our orders. Since there's only a few vegan items to choose from we get the same thing every time. I get the basil fried rice with no egg and crispy tofu. My partner gets pineapple fried tofu with extra white rice. They both are delicious and prepared well. I just wish they could make more dishes vegan like curry without fish sauce.

Best Thai - Edit

I've had Thai food all over the Southeast and this is one of the best. All of the curries are spectacular but the Amazing is the best. Atmosphere, service, and price are all spectacular. Tofu options are available on most of the dishes. 2 minutes off I-95 and a few minutes from JIA. In River City Market Place.

Pros: Best Thai Food, Good quality and service, Moderatly priced

Cons: Serves meat

Return to Jacksonville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Green Papaya closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1827 times since Jun 2013.