Green New American Vegetarian

480-941-9003

2240 N Scottsdale Rd Ste 8, Tempe, Arizona, USA, 85281

Vegan restaurant serving American style comfort food with international influences. Has vegan soft serve ice cream. Remodeled and re-opened, Oct 2014. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Pizza, International, Fast food, Take-out, Catering, Fusion

First Review by ChileMama

couldn't get enough of this place - Edit

Our family dined here everyday we were in Phoenix. The veggie burger and BBQ Sammie are amazing. Forget any other French fry you have eaten. The thyme fries are fantastic. The service was great and you could tell everyone was happy working there. Thank you Happy Cow for helping us find Thur restaurant.

When in Phoenix... - Edit

This is a "must visit" location for me when I'm in Phoenix for work, which is quite often. I love this place for the food and the casual, but cool atmosphere. In fact, on my last trip, I went out of my way to grab a "burger" and "wings" to-go on my way to the airport -- totally worth it! Love the Po' Boy too. I've taken meat eating friends there and they love it too. Wish we had one here in LA.

Pros: Excellent food, Cool vibe, Friendly staff & fast service

Cons: Wish there were more locations

Amazing - Edit

The Big Wac is great. If one is looking for a delicious burger, this is it.

why can't Kansas City have this?! - Edit

awesome food!! the bff, burger, hot wings were all great. as well as the margarita and sangria!

Amazing. - Edit

On a road trip, nothing vegan for hours, stopped off when Happy Cow lit up. This place has a big mac that compete's with Doomie's in LA and a philly cheese steak that competes with anything outside Chicago. Seriously positive staff and awesome Americana food. Thank you GNA.

Great spot but some not so good menu items. - Edit

This place is really popular. Food was good but not great. Big Wack was good for a burger craving, also had a rice and curry with vegetables that was lacking. I'd go again just to try different items.

Pros: vegan , good atmosphere

Big portions, mixed tastes. - Edit

Very popular among young people.
Offers big american portions of vegan food of somehow mixed and undefinded taste and flawour.
The orders are not taken at the table, so you have to stand in line, order your food, pay and then you will sit at a table of your choice waiting for your dishes. For the rest, the service is acceptable, even if slow.

Pros: Big portions, Affordable

Cons: Undefined flawour, Havy digestion, Limited table service

Green is my go to - Edit

There is so few Vegan restaurants in Arizona, so I find myself at Green more often than not even though it is out of the way. The food is delicious, the portions are big and the prices aren't terrible. It's nice to go somewhere where as a Vegan I know I can eat everything. If you're an Arizona Vegan and haven't been to Green then you must be lost.

Pros: 100% Vegan, Delicious Food , Something for everyone

Good experience! - Edit

Visiting the area and had to go here based on Happy Cow reviews (and the fact that it's the only all-vegan menu in the Scottsdale area). I decided to stay away from the "junk food" and go for the 5-spiced edamame and the Kung Pao bowl with mock beef and noodles. Edamame was delicious but the butter left at the bottom of the dish was a little unsettling. The noodles in my bowl were very overcooked and essentially mush but the vegetables were well cooked and the beef a treat. The place was quite busy at lunch time, with people constantly coming in. Hope they keep working on it as we need these vegan places to help the world eat more vegan!

One Of The World's Best Vegan Burgers - Edit

I had a fantastic vegan burger at this cosy Phoenix - based vegan restaurant. I have traveled extensively, and I will tell you that the vegan burger here is in my top 5 list of vegan burgers. what I think would have made it even better is if had been a bit thicker.

The cole slaw which came with it was also delicious.

I highly recommend this place to meat eaters or vegans. Both will love it.

Pros: excellent vegan burger, helpful staff

the best vegan youll find anytime - anywhere! - Edit

converted two carnivores by giving them the big wac - vegan big macs. i dont know what they put in those things but its scary how accurate they taste!

Great spot with something for all tastes - Edit

Get your fix of a wide range of healthy salads to less healthy McDonalds style homemade vegan burgers, all in a vibrant, comfortable space. We enjoyed it so much for dinner that we went back to the other location for lunch the next day on our 4 day visit to Arizona. Great service. The Phoenix location is right next door to their vegan coffee and bakery shop and both locations have parking. I wish San Francisco had something like this!

Best Ive Ever Had! - Edit

Visited Scottsdale for work and found this gem! This place is amazing and the staff is wonderful. I had a vegan burger that would make a carnivores mouth water. It was amazing! I will absolutely return.

Interesting Place - Edit

The food is decent, the restaurant can get loud when busy, I have been about 5 times and haven't had the best service, the last time I was there the server completely forgot our appetizers and then brought us the check without taking them off, she then asked if we wanted them to go and we said no and she seemed bothered by the fact that she had to adjust the check, no smile, and no apology. When busy it can take a really long time to order as you have to stand in a single file line.

Pros: Close to where I live, Decent Vegan Food, Good Value

Cons: Long line to order when busy

Amazing - Edit

I absolutely love Green! Super yummy vegan food, not the healthiest, but I don't come here worried about eating super clean :) Definitely try one of the Tsoynami ice creams when you go!

Pros: All vegan, Ice cream

Sadly lacking - Edit

Has become a victim of its own success. (speaking for the Tempe location). Since the "redesign" has lost both its funky soul and most of its seating. True, some things have changed on the menu over the last 8 or so yrs I've been going but it has always been flavourful. But sadly we were terribly disappointed in the offerings this last time. Bland, just bland especially compared to what it used to be-even the Drunken Mongolian lacked flavor, and the wings only taste of vinegar. Hard to try to enjoy your food while half a dozen people stand around waiting for your seat to open up anyway. Can't say I will be making the trek up there again anytime soon. (A generous 3 Cows given since the kids still cleaned their plates.)

Pros: now serves wine & beer

Cons: blanded down for the masses, sterile "environment"

GREAT FOOD MANY OPTIONS - Edit

Was visiting and came here for the first time. They have so many options and their dessert menu is out of this world good.

I had the vegan chili and Kung pao with mock chicken. Both were great. I am def going to be back at this place again and again

Pros: many options

Cons: not as healthy but super yummy in taste

Solid vegan restaurant with lots of choices - Edit

Wait in a fast-moving line to order at the counter at this casual, all plant-based American cafe with a few outdoor and plenty of indoor tables. Offers both healthy and comfort/fast food style choices for every eating occasion. Friendly, fun and funky vibe. Lots of drink choices also and even cookie dough you can get to go! Shared parking lot of a small shopping center. Everything I tried was good, can't wait to go back!

Same menu as other location in Phoenix.

Pros: Healthy and junk food choices, Friendly and fast service

Cons: Limited parking

Return to Tempe Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Green New American Vegetarian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.