First Review by AndyT

Tasty and healthy food, vegan most of the time - Edit

While Green Meadow health cafe describes itself as a "vegetarian cafe", the staff told me that they only very seldom use eggs, and dairy not at all. They do use some honey in their drinks (this is quite common in Asia), so the chances are very good that you get a good-tasting, healthy vegan lunch there.

They have a monthly lunch program, where you buy vouchers to either dine in every day (or a defined number of days, with 1 day prior notice) or even get the food delivered to your workplace on weekdays. They also promise to substitute non-vegan items, should they ever be in the set lunch, with vegan options.

I have 3 (non-vegetarian) colleagues who receive the food at least 4 times a week in the company, and who like it a lot for health reasons. When I asked them about the taste, they warned me that it is first and foremost healthy food, so they tend to use less salt, spices etc.

So now I finally went there, and lo and behold, I found the food quite tasty for health food. And they certainly do offer some very tasty options (e.g. the "healthy burger") and brown rice sushi, that taste great and are still healthy. So definitely a place to check out.

Pros: Tasty, healthy vegan food, Changing menu - new set lunch every day, Delivery option for set lunch

Return to Petaling Jaya Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Green Meadow - GM Holistic SB closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 818 times since Aug 2010.