First Review by Tiggy

Great vegan dinner - Edit

We ordered all the vegan entrees on the menu and shared them. They were all delicious. We had the gazpacho, hummus plate, tabbouleh, pommes frites, felafel and Yemeni lahuh bread with falafel and with green beans and mushrooms. There's only one vegan main course (couscous with roasted vegetables) and one vegan dessert (halva icecream). I'll have to try them next time but we had eaten a lot with all the entrees! It would be great if there were more vegan mains and desserts. Maybe there will be next time I visit, given it's only been open for a couple of months so far!
The staff were friendly and the pub had a good atmosphere, it wasn't too loud so we could easily have a conversation (though we had dinner early at 6, it may be noisier later).
The kitchen only opens at 6 pm but you can get drinks before that. We had tried to book online but since the bistro was all booked out, it looked like we wouldn't get a table. We thought we'd try anyway and when we turned up at 5:30 there were several tables available in the bar area (that can't be reserved). But it gets busier later, when we left the only free table in the bar area was the one we were vacating and it was pounced on straight away!

Good, reasonably priced food in a relaxed setting - Edit

We came here for an occasion and had a very nice, inexpensive meal. The menu had only one vegan main, so we ordered a number of entrees to share, which worked well. The lahuh with mushroom, puréed corn and green beans was delicious. I don't think I'd had lahuh before, a pleasantly soft flatbread a lot like injera. The hummus (with pita and pickled vegetables), tabbouleh and falafel were all very nice but not outstanding. The yellow gazpacho had a nice sharpness from the unripe tomatoes that balanced out the sweetness. We had the halva ice cream for dessert and it was delicious: rich and not too sweet. The staff were friendly and helpful, the atmosphere unpretentious and the prices generally very reasonable: entrees all under $9. The restaurant hadn't been open long and there were a few things to iron out, such as identifying vegan wines, but I was assured this would be taken care of.

Pros: Delicious, inexpensive food, Friendly, helpful staff

Cons: Only one vegan main, Vegan wines and beers not identified

Return to Carlton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Green Man's Arms closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.