First Review by tivanych

Hit or Miss - Edit

Good to see a vegetarian / vegan place in Lviv, they are rare. Judging from the great reviews, we expected true greatness here.. but to be honest we were slightly let down. The soup was very good, but the salad was average at best. The rice dish and the smoothie were two other averages.. the pudding made up for all the average and that was again very good but not exactly great. Overall, good.

Updated from previous review on 2016-11-03

Pros: Location, Great Menu Selection

Cons: Hit or Miss

Awesome place - Edit

Despite being vegetarian, this restaurant has planty of vegan options. Vegan, vegetarian and raw dishes are all marked as well as contain ingridients list. Food is delicious. They change menu from time to time. Inside decoration is amazing. Staff is English speaking. Servings are not large, this place is more not to fill your stomach but rather for a good taste.

I recommend: deserts (cakes), smoothies and chickpea patties.

Pros: Located in city centre, Changing menu, Great picks for vegans

Tasty and fresh - Edit

We tried salads, a noodle dish, pizzas, and a dessert.
Everything was fresh and delicious, with the only exception being the pizzas. The crust was doughy and the taste strangely reminiscent of frozen pizza - though I'm sure looked everything else it was fresh.

Pros: Food esp salads, Good value, Location

Cons: Small portions, Pizza crust , Early closing kitchen

Good food in a nice atmosphere - Edit

to be true, this was my 2nd vegetarian restaurant in Ukraine, I visited, but I am amzed from the friendlieness and the good quality.
Also, it is not overpriced, as it would be in germany usualy.
Simply, we loved the place, the food and the desserts.
Just a coffee was missing.

Pros: Pizza, Menu in english

Cons: No coffee

the only vege restaurant in lviv - Edit

i really liked the atmosphere there - a nice cosy place with some couches. the menu is in english and dishes well described (vegan vegetarian and raw). i had a soup and raw sushi rolls. i lved the rolls with walnuts but the soup wasnt warm enough (it was -16 degrees outside :). i also really liked a little shop by the entrance. i bought the carob with walnuts bar - delicious but little expensive.

Pros: big choice, good prices

tasty food + nice little shop - Edit

Extensive & diverse menu with loads of standard dishes like pizza, smoothies and salads (I highly recommend the raw spinach salad that comes with a delicious pistachio-olive-dressing!) as well as a bit more creative dishes like oven-baked vegetables with tofu crust. I tried the latter and it was very tasty. The dill potatoes I ordered as a side dish were a bit boring and barely done but no big deal. Also had fresh juice (beetroot, ginger and apple), which was very refreshing and full of natural flavours.

Staff seemed a bit slow and disorganized at times but generally well-mannered and well-meaning. Having the leftovers wrapped up was no problem. I didn't like, however, that they used an unnecessary lot of plastic for this.

At the entrance there's a little shop where one can stock up on various groceries and snacks, especially a variety of nuts and dried fruits. Among other things we bought two kinds of locally produced tofu and surprisingly delicious vegan wurst. Proved to be very helpful for our further travels :)

Pros: great choice of food and drinks, tasty & good quality, take away possibility + little shop

Cons: staff is a bit slow and unorganized, lots of plastic used for take away

Nice food, a bit strange service - Edit

I visited twice during my visit to Lviv. They have menu in English with labels of "vegetarian", "vegan" and "raw". Thety speak English and are ready to explain you about the food.
Prices are very reasonable and food is good. Even pizza with vegan cheese is available. Though I got stomach ache after both of the visits. May have been the raw soups.
During the second visit, the waitress was behaving a little bit strange. She was looking at me from the distance and ran to me to take out my plate and bowl even when I was still chewing my last mouthful. When I was drinking my dessert tea, about 1/3 cup still left, she came to me and suggested I will pay and go. The menu did not list any time limit on how long you can stay there, and definitely it was only about 30 minutes that I stayed there.
Overall impression still good. Just wish they would educate their staff and get rid of the signs of old communist attitude in customer service.

Pros: Good selection of food, Clear labels of vegan, vegetarian and ra, Staff speaks English

Cons: unfriendly attitude of some staff member, lack of caffeinated coffee, no WIFI

So glad we found this place - Edit

I am vegan but was forced into vegetarianism in Lviv...until we discovered Green! It's in a wonderful location, right off Market Square. It's beautiful and calm inside, so non-touristy in a place over-run with tourists. They serve vegetarian, vegan and raw dishes, each clearly marked on the menu, which also comes in English. The waitress was friendly and attentive.

The salads were fresh, though the dressings were a little bland. I ordered the Arugula and Avocado. My friend had the Bulgur, Tomato, Parsley and Smoked Tofu salad. For an entree I had the Chick Pea Cutlets which were so good I wish I'd ordered two. My friend had the Rice Spaghetti with Thai Spicy Vegetables, which was reasonably good.

We also bought snacks from the small variety in the front of the restaurant to have in our hotel room. They have a selection of nuts, seeds, dried fruits, etc.

We will be back for sure. And next time will try the desserts.

Pros: Vegan, Vegetarian, Raw, Location, Menu selection

Cons: No wifi, They gave us our snacks in a plastic bag

Yummy - Edit

This is one of my new favorite vegetarian restaurants! A lot of vegan and raw dishes. Everything is tasty and the prices are affordable. If you are into healthy eating you must visit this place in Lviv. Also their staff is very friendly.

I would recommend their raw Borsch.The best raw soup I have ever had~
Updated from previous review on Wednesday May 14, 2014

Pros: excellen food , friendly stafff, affordable

Return to Lviv Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Green closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3146 times since Mar 2014.