First Review by Ken4057

Lovely secluded spot - Edit

I stayed here in the spring of 2014 and absolutely loved it. I was looking to spend a week by myself, writing and reading and going for long walks, and Green Lodge was the perfect place for a DIY retreat. I didn't rent a car, just took a taxi from Bantry, and that worked out fine (I did WANT to feel like I was in the middle of nowhere!) The owners are lovely and I felt like I got really good value for my euros. The cottages would be great for a family holiday as well.

Pros: Beautiful bucolic setting, But close enough to a town, quiet and clean

Cons: Not the place to go if you want pub life

Pretty and quiet - Edit

A quaint old place. Bit musty inside the apartments - they have a distinct late 70s cottage-y vibe. Our apartment had a brand new oven and elements. Decent plumbing and water pressure, too.

One of the owners is a very nice older Englishman (we didn't meet his wife). They are both vegans. They had some vegan food near the main door on display (for purchase I believe) in case guests needed something.

The gardens are pretty, and the whole place has a sleepy retreat quality to it. There's also a pub down the street that has live music.

Extremely affordable. We paid 30 euros for the night I think.

Return to Bantry Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Green Lodge closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 933 times since Jun 2011.