Green Leaf Vegetarian Vegan Restaurant

Contact 508-309-3009

665 Cochituate Rd, Framingham, Massachusetts, USA, 01701

Opened Jan 2014 a vegetarian restaurant offering cakes and meals. Brunch is served on the weekends and could ask to substitute tofu for egg in a dish. Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:30pm, Fri 11:00am-10:00pm, Sat 9:00am-10:00pm, Sun 9:00am-9:30pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Juice bar, Bakery

First Review by BostonVegan

a must go spot - Edit

While in Boston we avoided the big city by staying at a campground. Green Leaf was a few kilometres away so we headed there for a pre-marathon dinner. The menu is all vegetarian and mostly vegan. There were so many great appetizer (favourite – Manchurian cauliflower), main course (everything from sophisticated plated meals to pizza and burritos), drink and dessert options that we had to order enough for next day leftovers. We had a mini “Restaurant Wars” for our long weekend marathon journey and Green Leaf was the winner. We would like to present them with the restaurant laurel wreath.

vegan oasis! - Edit

I like Big Fresh but this place is hands down the best place in the metro west - went for lunch - I started with the sea vegetable soup - a magical mix of Japanese goodness kelp, Wakame, Kombu, miso w/ shiitake - tremendously flavorful and warming. I tried some of my brothers hijiki salad - also wonderful flavors - many many other killer vegan salads (to explore next time).

The entrees and sandwiches were also very inspired. I had the the wonderful chipotle citrus tacos with cilantro lime quinoa, mango goji salsa, and chipotle tofu.

This will be a perennial stop every summer we're back in framing(meatless)ham !

7/25/16: update

We're back in Framingam and went to Greenleaf for lunch today. Still outstanding. This is my first time having their vegan carrot cake. Simply decadent: moist, airy, and sweet. I don't remember carrot cake anymore as non-vegan and after this I realize my new food memories are better. Yes, you might not have cream cheese frosting but eating this today made, well, want to come back have it again!
My partner had the tiramisu brownie - again all the deep chocolate goodness - but better because of the less sweet cacoa and the the welcome addition of coconut - fabulous.

Updated from previous review on 2016-07-25

Pros: Delicious fresh good, Great service and atmosphere

Amazing vegan food! - Edit

Huge tasty salads, excellent lentil soup. Hubby ordered nachos with vegan cheese and a beet burger and loved it! Server Alwyn was attentive and friendly. Cannot wait to go back!

Pros: Quality vegan food at a reasonable price.

Cons: Hubby would have been more comfortable in booth, b

great food! - Edit

We went here for our anniversary and the food was amazing. My husband, who is not a vegan/vegetarian, said he wished there were more options, but I thought the menu options were amazing. And the desserts were delicious! I highly recommend the chocolate coconut banana cake!!

mediocre - Edit

there were 3 other couples when we came in but still we waited nearly 10 minutes for them to take our order. they did bring water with the menu which is a big positive.
we ordered appetizers and entrees. the BBQ tofu and the seitan picata were OK, nothing exciting that will make me order them again. the risotto was also OK , a little boring.
the portions were huge. I'm talking diner huge. all in all, it was OK, but I doubt we will come here again.

Pros: big portions if you like that, the menu is very clear on vegan, gf and other info

Cons: service is beyond slow, the food is just OK

Great food in Natick/Framingham area - Edit

Green Leaf has an inviting environment, friendly & attentive servers and a diverse menu, all of which can be veganized (including by-default vegan desserts); it is a great veg option if you are in or near the area.

I was on the fence about whether to give 4 or 5 stars here, but I'm going with 4 since there are so many other 5 star reviews and realistically this fell slightly short of amazing (4.5 stars in my mind).

If you've been to Red Lentil in Watertown or Walnut Grill in Newton, you'll be familiar with the menu which is almost identical. We had the Gobi Manchurian which was almost exactly the same as Red Lentil's (but slightly less crispy) & I had the millet loaf which was fantastic (almost like a tempeh texture & better than the one I'd had at Red Lentil) & it came with phenomenal apple sauce (possibly the best I've ever had) and sauteed spinach which was so-so (somewhat bitter/plain and no better than the same at red lentil).

My partner had the polenta with cashews which was also fantastic (& excellent sauce which I kept "borrowing" to go with my meal) & our friend liked his entree too, though I forget what it was. & we had fresh green juices which were good (comparable to red lentil). My partner & friend are omnivores and they liked it a lot, FYI.

I had the banana creme pie for dessert which was very tasty.

Overall, this was a very positive experience & I would definitely go again if I'm in the area (we were visiting Cochituate lake), but I probably wouldn't trek out there from home near Boston when Red Lentil is so much closer and not very dissimilar. If Green Leaf went all-vegan, then I might be willing to make special trips to visit. :)

Pros: diverse & tasty menu (veganizable), excellent service, vegan desserts

Cons: location (far from me), dairy/eggs in some dishes

So good! - Edit

My husband and I went here for Sunday brunch and it was amazing! Everything we had was incredible. My husband had the fritatta and I think if we lived closer we'd be there ever day. Service was a bit slow, but they were busy, so if you're in a rush this might not be the right option.

Pros: Excellent food, Great selection

Cons: Slow service

Excellent Restaurant - Edit

I have been going to Green Leaf since it first opened, and the service has always been great. The food is also amazing, especially the breakfast! I love the oyster tofu scramble and the french toast! They have a very wide variety of breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, appetizers, sides, smoothies, etc. It's always a wonderful place to have a meal. My only complaint would be the price. I think that the food and the smoothies could be a little cheaper, but the prices are still pretty manageable.
Over all, I love this place and I definitely recommend it!

Pros: Freindly service, Food (variety and quality), Right near Natick Mall and other stores

Cons: A little pricey but still manageable

convenient healthy stop for awesomeness - Edit

Conveniently located quick off the mass pike. Super awesome menus loads of fine vegan dishes. They even have cake, I love this place!!

Pros: vegan , healthy, cake

yummy! - Edit

Absolutely delicious food. I wish I could try everything on the menu. My friend and I both had the oyster mushroom tofu scramble and roasted asparagus on the side. Could not get enough! We also had organic tea. For dessert I had the vegan chocolate mouse and my guest had the banana chocolate raspberry cake. It was SO DELICIOUS! I wish I lived near here so I could come again!

Pros: delicious , good service , friendly

love this place - Edit

I just read a review from a snob. I grew up in NYC and I lived there for 20 years. This restaurant is definitely as good as those in NYC. I've eaten the french toast several times and had no trouble cutting it. And WHY would you avoid organic fruit? Judge for yourself. If you aren't strong enough to cut bread, bring your own knife.

Hard to find anything lacking here! - Edit

This is our new favorite restaurant, and not just because it's vegetarian / vegan, although we are the latter. The entrees are creative, yummy and well-balanced; the service is some of the best I've experienced; and the desserts can't be beat. We've enjoyed the macro plate, pizza, salads, juices, enchiladas, gobi Manchurian, polenta with cashews. One of my non-veg friends loves this place. And try the chocolate mousse pie -- it's like fudge! My only wish is that they add a side of dark leafy greens to their menu. Asparagus is great, but I want real greens!

Pros: Creative yummy food, Fantastic vegan desserts, Best service around

Cons: No side of dark leafy greens, Need more than an entree to fill up

Delicious Food - Edit

So happy to have a vegan friendly restaurant in the Framingham area. I have been there for both brunch and dinner.

Pros: Good Food, Good Price, Cool Place

Cons: Ambiance Feels A Little Like A Cafeteria

Great Food, Friendly Chef - Edit

Went there for dinner with family and friends. We had the porcini crusted tofu, cashew polenta and a seitan dish for our main courses. Every item we ordered was delicious.
They have an extensive, well thought out menu and I can't wait to try other options.

The chef Bala was really friendly, he introduced himself and had a very nice chat with us. He even sent us back with a few slices of vegan carrot cake on the house.

The restaurant can be hard to find if you don't already know the area. It is in the same complex as the D'Angelos, across the street from the Dunkin Donuts that is close to the entrance to the Mass Pike. It's relatively close to the Natick Mall so it may be good place to eat before/after shopping.

Pros: Delicious food, well thought out menu, friendly chef and waitstaff, cheerful decor

Cons: Location can be hard to find.

Contributions +16

Very Mediocore - Edit

I know I can be a bit hard to please coming from a decade in NYC, where if you do not constantly kill it you will quickly close. I also do not want any veg restaurant to fail if course.

We went for the Saturday brunch and tried the granola crusted French toast that was good but impossible to cut with the butter knife given. Definitely serve this with a serrated sharp knife.
*note - of the fruit served with was organic, so we had to totally avoid the strawberries.
We tried the tempeh tofu scramble, tiny portion mainly just onions. Bleh.
We had the Gobi Manchurian also to try their version. Good to average. Coming from NYC/NJ area any variation of true Indo-Chinese cooking is hard to replicate away from there.

Now the service:
In my life I have Never had more of a stalker server in my life! Every literal minute she checked in!!! Every bite we took! I grew up working in restaurants my husband also. Chill Out, serving is an artform and few do it very well sadly but this was so insane we had to just laugh at the absurdity.
Again, great this place opened up and hopefully they will figure it sooner than later.
We also had mild stomach aches for hours after with no idea why.
Good luck, we will not return.

Pros: Framingham/Metrowest location

Cons: Horrible crazy service, Freezing cold inside, Mediocore food

westlivewell Good Afternoon. I am the stalker server. I am a disabled veteran with TBI or traumatic brain injury. I usually walk with canes but am trying to learn to walk without them. I also have PTSD and I knew that you were unhappy.
You didn't like the fact we didn't have share knifes a legitimate concern. You didn't like that the fruit wasn't organic? It was my job to make sure you were happy and from beginning to end there seemed no way to do that? You are right wait serving is an ART I used to be able to do it very well? Now like everything else eating, walking, socializing I am having to do all over again.
I am sorry you felt I was "Stalking?" I was merely concerned you seemed so unhappy. Thank you for reminding me how I should be serving our guests?
I will continue to work on it. All the Best, ""The Stalker Server"

great brunch - Edit

We went to Green Leaf for brunch today! My 3 year old got the sweet potato chocolate chip pancakes, hubby got the cinnamon waffles with figs, and I got the soup of the day (curry sweet potato) and a house salad with grilled tofu. Everyone loved their meal, with the exception of the soup. It was a bit too sweet- I was expecting a more spicy curry and it was a sweet curry, but it wasn't terrible. The salad was awesome- I know you don't have to eat salads all the time to be vegan, but when you do eat salad, you want something with a little oomph. The house salad had all the usual suspects with a pleasant addition of chopped avocado and red peppers. The grilled tofu was just right- as a meal, it really satisfied. Our waitress was friendly, and the only complaint was that it was a little slow- nothing crazy but definitely not a place to go if you're in a bug hurry- just FYI.

Pros: tasty food, just right portions, friendly waitstaff

Cons: a little on the slow side

A high quality vegan restaurant in MetroWest - Edit

I ate here twice in their first week.

We had brunch on Sat and it was delicious. It has been a long time since I've had pancakes and what a treat. We also had the French Lentil soup (really outstanding), salad, and the Oyster Tofu Scramble (also terrific).

Then I came back for dinner on Tuesday. We had the Gobi Manchurian (identical to Red Lentil's; no surprise, the chef used to work there), the Sweet Potato Kale Quesadilla (yummy, wish it had more kale), and the Veggie Burrito.

This place is legit and I will be back often. Finally I don't have to drive to Watertown/Somerville/Newton to get great vegan food.

The service is very attentive, though for brunch they were understaffed and it showed. I'm sure they need time to fully staff and train.

It's an open environment so you can see the chef working his wonders.

Pros: Food, Atmosphere

Cons: Service (but they just opened)

Return to Framingham Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Green Leaf Vegetarian Vegan Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 7202 times since Jan 2014.