Green Leaf Cafe

• Vegetarian
Contact 48437880

20/13 Moo 8, Srithanu, Koh Phangan, Thailand, 842800

As of Feb 2016 it no longer offers a la carte menu. Now it offers breakfast set consisting of hummus toast, coconut milk, muesli, fruit, chocolate or coconut mousse; lunch buffet (11am-3pm); dinner buffet (7-10pm); plus shakes, juices, tea, and vegan desserts like choco or coco mousse, coco ice cream.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Raw, Thai, Western, Buffet, Salad bar, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by UrsandLeo

Great value vegan dinner buffet, nice raw veggies! - Edit

UPDATE: Things have changed at Green Leaf since this review (originally posted in February 2016). I recommend checking out their Facebook page for more information.

We've eaten at Green Leaf twice recently and both times it was their all-you-can-eat vegan dinner buffet. On one of these occasions, we were with friends (4 people altogether, all vegan, 2 of us low-fat raw vegan), and all of us ended up really satisfied. At 120 baht per person, the buffet is awesome value for money (or should I say "bang for the baht"? :))

The cooked-eaters had curry and brown rice, steamed sweet potato, hummus, toast, mashed potatoes, pasta, etc., while us raw foodies were very happy with huge amounts of raw veggies (crunchy cucumber, tasty tomato, and crisp lettuce leaves; they also had carrot, cabbage, chard greens, and a salad with cilantro) which we sprinkled with fresh lime and a bit of chopped green onion and sesame seeds. There was also a big selection of spices and fresh herbs to add to the food as per taste. Everything was really tasty and they kept refilling until necessary. The cooked-eaters were also very happy with the chocolate mousse (40 baht) they had for dessert. The buffet is all vegan, but we noticed some boiled eggs on a separate table, and I think they use some animal products in some of their drinks.

We also liked their friendly, easy-going staff, nice atmosphere and chill music. The place is located on the main road in Sri Thanu, easy to find (watch out for their sign with a green leaf and the name of the place in green letters).

Updated from previous review on Monday May 16, 2016

Pros: vegan buffet (awesome value for money), great atmosphere, easy to find

Cons: not entirely vegan

Absolutely terrible - Edit

During a two week stay in Kho Phangan, I had the misfortune to go to Green Leaf Cafe for breakfast one morning. The waitress appeared to be more interested in talking to someone in the kitchen than doing her job. I had to approach her to order the set breakfast and a coffee. After a very long wait, the breakfast finally arrived without the coffee. I waited a while longer and then went to ask where my coffee was. She said it was coming but, by this time, other people that had arrived after me had already been served their coffee so I can only imagine she had forgotten due to her lack of attention to anything but her friend in the kitchen. The coffee finally arrived ONE HOUR after I had placed my order and a long time after I had finished my breakfast. As if that wasn’t bad enough, the waitress just walked over, put it on my table and walked off without saying a word. Needless to say, I never went back and I advise you to avoid Green Leaf Cafe and try the other excellent vegetarian restaurants in Srithanu.

Cons: Food takes forever to arrive, Items missing from order, Waitress uninterested in doing her job

Best Restaurant Ever - Edit

This is the best & healthiest restaurant I ate for a long time!

If you are into health - you MUST eat here. The price is unbeatable and what is being offered is a huge variety of food.

In addition, the service is outstanding! Wonderful atmosphere. There is even a mini health food shop in addition to the restaurant, a superfood juice bar.

THE place to go to eat at koh phangan

Pros: Price , Service, Food

Great Buffet - Edit

The buffet is fantastic value at only 100 baht and they have loads of raw stuff, almost everything is vegan. Museli, salads, raw dips, bread, olives, fresh veg and fruit as well as hot dishes are all on offer and everything is labelled. You can order drinks from the menu too, or go for the tea buffet for only 20 baht.

ALL YOU CAN EAT VEGAN BUFFET IS HEAVEN! - Edit

A great health conscious café. They offer lots of vegan foods - the bamboo salad is delicious! Health conscious owners- no msg or additives of any sort are added. Also, try the noodle soup. Simple and lovely, packed with veggies :)

The atmosphere is laid back and the decoration is really pretty with fairy lights lighting the café! They offer clothing and health food products also plus the BEST vegan buffet on Wednesday and Saturday all you can eat for 150baht. Tofu, curries, potatoes brown rice, piles of broccoli, fresh herbs, seeds to put on your dish. SO good!

As we stayed a while in Koh Phangan we wanted to do a Juice Fast as many of the detox centres around the area only offer a Fasting retreat. The owner set us up with 4 500ml juices a day of all sorts of fruits, veggies, and superfoods. Tumeric juice is unreal.

Definitely visit Green Leaf Café- you won't be disappointed!

5 stars from us!! Can't wait to be back.

Pros: Nicest people!, Incredible buffets twice a week, Laid back, pretty atmosphere

nice and chilled familiybusiness - Edit

Good and fresh healthy food and one of my favorite places on Ko Phangan.

So far the best veg-burger i tried.

Pros: very nice staff and owners, good and healty food, fresh made, good choises and value

Cons: nothing

Relaxed And Friendly - Edit

A very friendly place with a nice atmosphere. Haunted mostly by young people . the dishes are freshly made and The quality is good. I've been with other 6 people and all were satisfied. I've taken the pad thay vegan with tofu and the extra spicy green curry (you can decide the spicy level) . also the vegan ice cream was delicious with cashew and cioccolate . Inexpensive .
The only concerning is for the service very slow this evening, but we are in vacation here so it was not a problem!

Pros: Nice Atnosphere, Quality Food, Tasty Food

Cons: Service Slow

Best food on the island - Edit

Green leaf cafe made our trip to the island a healthy one. The food speaks for itself. You can request for certain ingredients and you feel your body being grateful for real Thai or Western meals, but without any harmful ingredients.

A family run restaurant, fluent in both Thai and English, with the cutest kids to entertain you and befriend. It feels as though you have been invited to Jenny's family kitchen as she remembers everyone and even lets you keep a log book of your orders, so this business is run wih trust between customers and owners.

Buffet night, music jam nights, and great healthy food means you are likely to get to know a lot of people in the restaurant and be part of a tourist and local conversations.

A great place to take your kids to play whilst you eat but also a perfect spot of a family feel or a quiet meal over candlelight.

I can not express enough how Jenny's food and staff have made this trip a healthy and friendly one. We will miss them and wish that they lived near us at home.

Laura and D

Pros: Healthy and authentic food, Fun family run business, Drop dead amazing healthy deserts

Delicious food & great atmosphere - Edit

If you are on the island of Koh Phangan, and like healthy & delicious food, then make a point of it to eat at Green Leaf Cafe. They also have great drink options, and they use a juicer so you don't get a disappointingly watered down vegetable / fruit juice like you do at most other places. It is a family run restaurant and there is a real feel of community there, especially at the Wednesday night buffet. Enjoy!

Vegetarian Safe Haven - Edit

We are vegetarian foodies. Green Leaf is easily one of our favourite restaurants. Healthy, tasty, friendly. And the desserts are divine!
The website disallows a five-cow rating, as the restaurant serves meat.

Return to Koh Phangan Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Green Leaf Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1837 times since May 2013.