First Review by KatieB

Catered my wedding, EVERYONE loved the food! - Edit

Can't believe it's taken me so long to review! Green Island catered my brunch wedding in October, and the mostly-carnivorous guests absolutely loved the fully-vegan meal! This is exactly the type of flavorful, gorgeous food that I love to serve non-vegans to show them that I don't just eat celery :)
A few of the favorites: The coastal cakes, my grandmother said that they were the best "crab" cakes she had ever had!
The mac n'cheeze, everyone had seconds and thirds of this! I loved the pancakes, but the cinnamon rolls stole the show! We had to restrain my young nephew who had 4 :) The chik'n fajitas had my brother swearing that it had to be real chicken! Of all the leftovers (we had leftovers of everything) the fajitas disappeared first with the most rapturous expressions on our faces. My husband loved the pigs n'biscuits. The cobbler was unbelievable and my Southern guests thought it was just like Mom's. The wine reduction sauce on the seitan steaks made my toes curl. The food was displayed beautifully, and the staff was very professional and polite. We couldn't have asked for more! I highly recommend Green Island and we won't consider anyone else for our next shindig!

Return to Austin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Green Island Catering closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 516 times since Aug 2012.