Green Iguana Bar

0034-653439642

Calle Ramon Franquelo, 8, Malaga, Spain, 29008

Serves meat, vegan options available. A bar located in the city center. Serves vegetarian and vegan options, 100% fresh and organic juices and more. Dogs are welcome. Has alternative music. Open Mon-Fri 12:00am-2:00am, Mon-Sun 8:00pm-12:00am, Sat-Sun 12:00am-3:00am, Sat 2:00pm-5:00pm.

Category: Organic, Mediterranean, Salad bar, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Bakery, Spanish, Non-veg

First Review by Anttu

Great moment - Edit

It was amazing, really original decoratión, big varieties of vegan and veggy food, also organics products. Very nice music and atmosphere, i´ll repeat for sure! :)

Updated from previous review on 2016-07-21

Pros: food, music, atmosphere

Cons: maybe too hot inside

Friendly - Edit

This is a very friendly bar, We felt welcomed the minute we walked in. We went late after a concert and had the hummus appetizer which was good. Good selection of beers. The bartender loves juices and he made a fabulous pineapple mixed juice. He was a good touch with fresh juices. It is more a bar for 30 somethings. We watched the world's best snowboarders on the big video screen while we enjoyed our beer, hummus and juice. Not a lot of vegan options but clearly marked.

Pros: friendly staff, great juice, good selection of beer

Cons: atmosphere for 30 somethings...we are mid 60's

The place to be! - Edit

A lovely local veggie/vegan tucked away in the old town. Very chilled atmosphere; the decor reminded me a lot of the bars and cafes in Amsterdam. A great find, for a vegan such as myself!
The staff are friendly & helpful, with a good understanding of what vegan is, and although the menu is in Spanish, they are more than happy to translate.
My friend and I had a selection of tapas. I can highly recommend the perfect home made guacamole. We tried the burgers too. My friend who's vegetarian, had the lentil one and I had the only vegan burger, which is basically beetroot in a warm bun with salad and vegan Mayo. It was a lot more flavoursome than you'd imagine & I'd happily eat it again.
We had a chat with one of the staff and he said they were keen to introduce more vegan options and that the chef was keen to work out a way of binding the burger mixes without the use of eggs - so watch this space for more vegano options!
Drinks are good too, they do a selection of imported craft beers as well as the usual San Miguel, Cruzcampo and soft drinks and juices.

Pros: Love the decor , Perfect location, Just a very cool bar!

Cons: Only one of the burgers is vegan

THE Spot in Malaga! - Edit

This is THE Spot to hang out at night in Malaga if you are looking for a cool and relaxed atmosphere. Have nice variety of delicious Vegan snacks like burguers and "tapas". Staff is friendly and know perfectly well what a Vegan needs. Music is nice and you can chose to stay inside or outside. Its Pet Friendly (yes, you can take your dog inside!)

wrong hours - Edit

New hours 1800-0200

Relaxed, nice food - Edit

You'd at first glance easily mistake it for just another of the similar pubs that are nearby but I quite liked my dinner there. I could count a couple of vegan chairs on their menu. The staff was helpful.

Pros: A few vegan options , Nice staff, Price was ok

Return to Malaga Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Green Iguana Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.