Green Granary

• ( 6 reviews )

84 Railroad St, New Milford, Connecticut, USA, 06776

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cafe and market with emphasis on local and organic. Offers vegan mayo and vegan cheese, non-dairy milk, vegan soups, salads, house-made veggie burger. Let your server know if you're vegan. Free Wi-Fi. Open Wed-Fri 10:30am-3:00pm, Sat-Sun 8:00am-3:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Non-veg

First Review by Kweymouth

LauraSangerWatkins

Points +34

05 Jul 2021

A Favorite

NW CT is a "vegan wasteland" and the fact that Green Granary has more than 2 vegan options isn't why I love them. Their food is GREAT. They are super accommodating with adjusting a menu item to make it dairy free. They have the Earth Balance and alt milks. Service is friendly. But the food is fantastic. I dig the huge avocado toast & the tandoori chickpea bowl. The vegan yogurt parfait is fab.

Pros: Many options , Local food sources, Fresh everything

SouthernPines

Points +46

12 Nov 2019

The Middle Eastern Chickpea Kale bowl is DELICIOUS!

I got a vegan dessert too - I forget what it was called but also great. Very nice staff, too.

SharonRose

Points +19

09 Sep 2019

This page is outdated!

Be sure to check out their Yelp, TripAdvisor and Google reviews ♡ Top rated and Vegan-based, with local + organic options for everyone! Checkout their website for online ordering also. Would give 5 stars but can't because Happy Cow won't allow it (:

Roro

Points +16

08 Aug 2018

Hit or Miss

I've been here a few, literally 3 occasions. The first time I was with some coworkers. The service was meh, we had to get our own menus, we weren't really checked on as much as we thought we should have been, our server didn't fully understand our orders but the food was good. I loved the fact that I got a whole pot of tea and not just a cup. The soup of the day was delicious, albeit not as flavorful as it sounded. The second time I went, I was by myself and the service was drastically different...it was worse. It's not really a seat your self type place, yet I sat myself down, it took 11 minutes before a server even acknowledged that I had not been helped and the place wasn't even packed. My order was messed up but since no server ever came back to my table and every one was soooo busy all of my "excuse me miss" went ignored, I just ate my meal, paid and left.
I figured 3rd time is the charm, but it was not. I had the same exact service as before.... ignored, order messed up, no recourse to fix it, and as always it was freezing in there. I wanted to really love this place since it's like the only vegan place in the area...but sadly I cannot. The food is goodish...like most of it could use way more seasoning. I figure they are mild with the seasoning to accommodate most palates, but I like to see the seasoning in and on my food. I hate that I would never go there again because I really wanted to like this place.

Pros: Only Vegan place in the area, Soup of the day mostly good

Cons: Rude Dismissive service, Way too cold inside the restaurant, Definitely overpriced

mread

Points +181

10 Oct 2016

Nice Lunch Spot

I like to meet friends here for lunch. There are some vegan choices and the food is consistently good. Portions are generous but I don't feel over-full and usually eat everything. The staff here is exceptionally nice and will let my friend and me chat right up until closing without shooing us out.

Pros: Super nice wait staff, consistently good food, comfy dining room

Cons: wish there were more vegan options

Kweymouth

Points +16

25 Nov 2013

delicious lunch!

My mom and I come here for lunch almost every other day! The food is always fresh and there is usually a vegan soup option. The bakery is top notch and the scones are to die for. The dining area is really cute as well!

Pros: vegan options, cute dining room, fresh food

Cons: not pretty view outside

Return to New Milford Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Green Granary closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.