First Review by khity

Excellent! - Edit

We tried the salt and pepper mushrooms, no pork BBQ buns, dim sims and an eggplant dish. All were EXCELLENT! Friendly service, yummy food - will definitely be returning again soon. Next time we MUST leave room for the delicious looking vegan icecreams and cakes!

Yay GG on my side of the Bridge! - Edit

I love going to Newtown for food but it is so great to have one of my favourite restaurants much closer to where I live.
If I'm going by myself or with just one other person I usually opt for the buffet as you can get a lot of variety that is paid per weight and always seems quite reasonable!
They have a great range of classic Vegi-fied Chinese dishes!

Pros: Lots of great vegan options, Buffet

Highly recommend! - Edit

I have been here for both lunch and dinner and it was exceptional.

The lunch buffet is pay by weight and has a good selection of different dishes which are clearly labelled whether they have gluten or not.

The dinner menu is very extensive! And has a choice for everyone.

The service is very quick and the staff are friendly.

I highly recommend the vegan gluten free cheese cakes! They are so delicious :)

great - do it - Edit

Instead of trying to pick something from a menu come here and you can pick everything from the menu. The staff are really nice, helpful and the food is great, really good.

Well done Green Gourmet!!

Pros: small, tasty, fresh

Cons: small - can fill up fast, BYO - I think

the typical Asian vegan restaurant - Edit

It could be better: there's mock meat or tofu in all the dishes and most look all the same. But it could be worse: the staff is friendly and attentive, the food is yummy... I just would like to find a vegan Asian restaurant with fresh seasonal veggies and alternatives to soy.
Updated from previous review on Saturday August 31, 2013

Pros: yummy food, friendly staff

Cons: ambiance , too much mock meat, no seasonal veggies

Yum - Edit

I LOVE this restaurant - the food is amazing and so is the service! the staff are always friendly and the food is always tasty. you do need to get your own chilli sauce which can become annoying and the place is abit small - but its very good and price wise it is worth it.

Pros: good portions, excellent food, friendly staff

Cons: small restaurant

great food but a bit pricey - Edit

Lovely food but a bit pricey as expensive as having meat in a lot of restaurants, very efficient although i never find restaurant that busy, worth a visit though and only a few minutes walk from St Leonards Station

Pros: delicious, big range, get served quickly

Cons: quite expensive, not as good as the newtown restaurant

hit and miss - Edit

I've eaten here 3 or 4 times now, and its always a hit and miss experience. In general the food is blander than necessary, little to no salt in any of the food, and almost no chili, even in the dishes labeled "spicy".
That being said, a couple of the dishes I've ordered were quite tasty.
They charge $3.80 or something per cup of tea... that is annoying since in Asia tea is always free with the meal, and if people in Australia want to charge for it, it should at least be per pot. So of course I take water instead, which is tap water. I never understand when health-conscious places serve unfiltered tap water... they decide sodium is bad for me but fluoride is ok?

Pros: location

Cons: hit and miss, bland

Just OK, improve the ambiance and it'd help - Edit

The lighting is way too bright and this place lacks ambiance. The service is good and attentive. The food OK. Maybe we just picked incorrectly off the overly-extensive menu. I live nearby and would rather go to other non-vegie restaurants that are nicer. My husband and I enjoy a romantic night out and the ambiance in this place didn't cut it. Maybe I'll give it a try for lunch.

Pros: Large menu (but maybe a negative)

Cons: Ambiance, food needs to be improved

Yummy - Edit

This was one of the first vegan restaurants we went to and we were very impressed. They even have tofu icecream blocks and deep fried ice-cream (for our sweet tooths!). The food was yummy. Small place though.

Return to St Leonards Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Green Gourmet - St Leonards closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1787 times since Aug 2007.