Green Gallery

Contact 841209149

22/1 Moo 8, Srithanu, Koh Phangan, Thailand, 84280

Vegan restaurant catering to tourists and expats. Serves food like wraps, hummus, sandwiches and beverages like green drinks, teas, and coffee. Has music instruments, a library, movie times. Opposite Agama Yoga and near Srithanu 7-11 (5-minute walk up road before 7-11). Mon-Fri 10:00am-4:00pm, Sun 10:00am-4:00pm, Mon-Fri 6:00pm-10:00pm, Sun 6:00pm-10:00pm

Category: Vegan, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by vtraveller

The best vegan restaurant in koh phangan - Edit

I came to green gallery after watching the happycow video about koh phangan with high expectations, I was very happy to find out I came to the right place. As a person who is trying to be vegan I was surprised by the amazing flavore of the vegan "meat balls" in the "peppa pig" sandwich I chose out of the huge menu. It was hard to chose but I was recommended by the staff that was wanderful, friendly and attentive. I had a "beauty juice" made out of carrots, pineapple and basil. It was a wanderful combination. I was seating in the garden which seamed to be well designed in a Mediterranean style. There where a duck and a cat playing around the garden and making friends with the guests. It was a great axperiance and I can't wait to go back and try more of the delicious options in the menu. And also to visit the duck again :)

Pros: Food, Service , Atmosphere

Good food and friendly service! - Edit

Came here with a small group of friends, so we got to taste a variety of dishes. The food was so good that I returned the next day for more.

The BEST foods:
- After Party Breakfast (with a chickpea omelet)
- Morning Sandwich (with chickpea omelet)
- Raw soups (very flavorful)
- Cacao smoothie

The service is a bit slow because the kitchen has only 2 people, but that's no problem in the relaxing setting of the restaurant. All in all, I would recommend this restaurant because of the delicious food, prices, and wonderful vibe!!

Pros: Good price for excellent food, Delicious food

Good and 100% vegan - Edit

Went here for lunch. Nice vibe and pleasant setting in the jungle. Also easy to find.

Food was freshly prepared and tasted great. There's a varied menu - but not excessively large - which should cater for all. Lots of Middle Eastern influenced options.

Prices are extremely reasonable.

Loses 1 star because I was underwhelmed by the service, which was okay but not that friendly or personal. This is something they could put a little more effort into because it seemed aloof.

Overall, recommended.

Pros: good range of choices, price

Cons: service

Delicious - Edit

I stayed in koh phangan for a month & only discovered green gallery after a week or so of being there. For the next three weeks I ate there just about every day. So many options on the menu that it was always hard to decide. They have delicious breakfasts, salads, fruit shakes, hummus, shawarma, falafel. They offer small bites & big portions. Super good sandwiches & home made potatoe chips. Their sauces are really good too. They are very helpful & kind & have the cutest little daughter ! & a pet duck ! The artwork inside is very nice & they always play good music. There is indoor & outdoor seating. I love it. My favorite place I've eatin while traveling through south east Asia. So many vegan options but perfect for non vegans as well ! Go visit & enjoy a meal & chill out! Much love & light !

Pros: Excellent food , Great value , Very friendly staff

The best Falafel Sandwich Ever - Edit

This place.... this place is much more than a restaurant. It's a place where music is played wednesday and friday...
A place where you can eat wonderful vegan food and incredible desserts or just drink something and chill

Definitely The Place to Be !

Pros: Friendly, Good vibe , Good portions

Chocolate truffles to die for :) - Edit

You need to try those chocolate truffles! They are better than a sunset at the beach with a cat to pet next to you. Maybe not. But get those! Even better get the coconut icecream with them. Heaven.
The pita filled with mushrooms and seitan was good except of the gloopy, undone seitan. brr. My bf had the burger and he liked it a lot.

Pros: chocolate truffles from chocolate heaven

wonderful food and staff - Edit

We ate here alot during or stay on ko phangan and tried alot of the menu but unfortently not everything. Great place that i highly recommend!

Pros: wounderful food

Cons: maybe not the greatest location or ambience.

Best Food and wonderful people! - Edit

I was in Thailand for a month and my best eating experiences took place at Green Gallery in Koh Phangan. The owners are so friendly and they have such a great variety of food. I love everything I had. They also had great coffee. I met and talked to a variety of people while eating. It felt like I was home. Although there are some great Thai vegan restaurants throughout the country, Green Gallery was my favorite.

Pros: Friendly, Tasty, Atmosphere

Cute Vegan Cafe with Garden Seating - Edit

This cafe was the first vegan cafe I visited on my trip and I would highly recommend it. Good food, friendly staff and decent prices. I had a spinah pie and smoothie. Delicious. The spinach pie portion is kind of small but perfect for what I wanted. My boyf ordered the falafel pita. Tasty and Massive! The menu is quite large and I wanted to come back to try more items but we ran out of time.

Pros: Cute outdoor garden, totally vegan, good food

lovely place - Edit

Ran by a nice Israeli girl and a nice staff.

They had plenty of goodies, such as probiotic shots, raw natural desserts with great ingredients, great unique teas.

They hold parties in their backyard too sometimes through the week.

Amazing food! - Edit

We are here today, had the English Breakfast and the Shish Kebab, both were delicious and well priced! This place possibly has the biggest Vegan menu we've seen so far, which is great for us Vegans

Pros: biggest vegan menu ever!

Cons: none

Green Gallery, Koh Phangan - Edit

We visited Koh Phangan because Happy Cow's video about the enticing vegan island. We were not disappointed.

There were several vegan restaurants in the Sri Thanu district of Koh Phangan and they all had their charm but Green Gallery was our favorite. We went there twice in four days and would have gone back if we had had more time on the island. The menu is quite large and everything we ordered was delicious. We had the shawarma plate, boureshka (potato and cheese in home made puff pastry), and falafel. Everything is home made and beautifully presented. The falafel came with a garlic, Thai chili sauce on the side which gave a nice local twist to the Mediterranean dish.

The drinks were really good. We had Island passion, rum with passion fruit and a mint lemonade as well as a liver cleanse, I don't remember what was in it, but even the spa water had a Thai twist, flavored with lemon grass and mint.

The service was wonderful and the prices very, very reasonable. One of the most enjoyable meals we had in Thailand.

Pros: great food, great prices, great service

Cons: seasonal food only (which isn't a con)

Amazing food! - Edit

This is a great restaurant in the northern part of Kho-phagnon. It's not on the main road but not far either. The girl who runs the place is very warm and friendly. Her menus are exquisite! It was hard to choose. I got this green smoothie which was one of the finest I've ever had. And for dessert I got a tofu burger which was also probably the best I¨ve ever had. The girl makes all her own sauces, mayos, etc. We encouraged her to make a cook book. This is one of the best vegan restaurants i've ever been to. But it's not cheap.

Pros: food, service, menus

Cons: price

Great cosy green house with a big variety of vegan dishes! - Edit

The green gallery was our first stop for food and it was a great experience! very laid back, nice atmosphere. The staff is supper attentive and friendly! The menu is very long and has a lot to offer. We had the Hummus with veg sticks and we loved it. I had the veg/mushroom stew with brown rice and salad and was so satisfied and stuffed after that. Recommend it!

Pros: lots of vegan options

Absolutely Delicious - Edit

Green Gallery was my first stop when I arrived in Koh Phangan. The food was absolutely delicious. I had the shawarma and falafel in the restaurant, and I had the burritos to go.

Einav, one of the owners, is a very talented chef, and she was so friendly and welcoming. She and her sister are doing more with this place than serving food. They are building a community.

Best vegeterian and vegan food i've ever tried. - Edit

It’s the best vegetarian food on Koh Phangan, definitely. Really huge menu, and they always have everything. Every option from the menu is made with love and care, well decorated. I tried almost everything, and every course was super delicious! Friendly stuff, time of waiting 10-15 min. I recommend to everybody who really can appreciate excellent cooking and enjoy Eating these masterpieces.

Absolutely Amazing - Edit

I am blown away by how amazing this restaurant is. Love everything and wish I had more time here to try everything on their huge menu. This place has surely got to take over as my favourite restaurant in the whole of Thailand. Menu is interesting and inventive, mostly middle eastern with some Asian dishes and plenty of raw options, desserts, drinks, alcohol, and everything vegan!!! Funky atmosphere too. What more could you want?

Pros: Includes raw options, Serves alcohol, Friendly, funky atmosphere

cool and cosy atmosphere - Edit

pretty chilled new place with friendly staff and a broad and diverse menu.. vegan concept always a plus.
excellent location and good food! i'd recommend israeli food.

Pros: friendly staff, location, diverse menu

Cons: bit expensive needs cheaper alternatives

EinavDahan Dear friend, Thank you for your review.
Our restaurant is 100% vegan, offering a different and moral food options for all. We specialize in fusion and middle eastern food.
Some of the ingredients we use are imported and the big majority of the ingredients we use are not only hard to find in Thailand but also expensive. Like- quinoa, organic dates and dates honey, raw tahini, organic seeds, walnuts and even avocado witch we have in 6 different dishes and shakes. you will find it hard to find avocado in local Thai restaurants for this reason.
Dishes you will find only in our restaurant like vegan "shawarma" made out of seitan is herd to make and takes alot of time and work and from the initial raw material we start with we finish with less then half. It is well known among vegan chef's that makes this material from scratch.
Our Hummus (witch is our "flag" dish) is cheaper then the local Thai "Massaman"

I understand why it our praises seems to be higher from local Thai restaurant but infect they are in lined with other similar restaurants to us in the area of Sri-thannu and are fairly reasonable for the high quality of the food and the organic nature of the Green Gallery.

We hope to see you again soon.

Best (healthy-) chocolate balls in the world - Edit

We tried a lot of the dishes in this restaurant and enjoyed every single one. We wholeheartedly recommend the Green Gallery to everyone. Definetely try the chocolate balls ;)

Pros: great variety, chocolate balls, friendly staff

Favourite restaurant in Koh Phangan - Edit

Even if you're not a vegan, you must try this place!
The menu offers a lot of variety and very interesting dishes. The food is delicious and prepared with a lot of love. The two sisters who own the restaurant are vibrant and truly passionate about what they do. The staff is very friendly and smiles are a guarantee. I recommend the pies and the veggie burger but there are some many good choices that you can't go wrong!
At night there's a bonfire where everyone is welcome and where interesting conversations always take place.
This is my favourite restaurant in koh Phangan!

Great Vegan Shawarma! - Edit

Koh Phan-Gan has a rapidly growing vegan scene, and this is a great vegan restaurant on on the Island. The women working here are very attentive, and the food is wonderful by world standards.

I ordered a delightful vegan shawarma plate. The dish is perfectly spiced and salted, and the taste/texture are ideal. Definitely the best vegan shawarma I have ever had, and the hummus was tasty also. I think meat-eaters and vegans alike will love this dish. For dessert, I ordered some delicious vegan chocolate chip cookies.

I will definitely be returning to this fantastic restaurant.

The vegan food on this island is gourmet and I am excited about the direction the vegan scene is heading here.

Pros: Food, Service, Atmosphere

Very nice place - Edit

Found this vegan gem on my visit to Ko Phangan. Had some nice Tofu Nuggets and an amazing Vegan showarma. Menu is very large and very mediterrean. Great change for me from my usual Thai or Italian vegan food in Bangkok. Run by nice people from various countries. Still lots to try out and therefore I have to come back for more in the next days. Fantastic fresh juices. Nice outdoor seating, not fancy but cozy.

Excellent - Edit

hi I have been one month on the island and since we discovered the "green gallery "it became our second home.
The owners of the place are the heart and it reflects on everything else
The place is cozy colorful and beautiful.
The food is great and delicious you can feel that the cook puts her heart in the food.
The energy is friendly and welcoming.
I truly recommend.
Ehud

beautiful find on Koh Phangan - Edit

Came here twice on my short visit to phangan and wish I could stay longer. it's located a bit up the road from the 7-11 in a quiet jungle settling. it's run by two sweet Israeli women who dish out some amazing vegan dishes. I loved their hummus, pita, and eggplant. also really enjoyed their quinoa spicy tofu dish. for desert had apple fritters and banana tempura... delicious.
Very low key relaxed setting, which reminds my of Koh phangan 20 years ago.

Pros: Great vibe, yummy food, all vegan

Return to Koh Phangan Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Green Gallery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5112 times since Jan 2014.