Green Food Service

+297-2801003

Italiastraat 50 Local 6, Orange Mall, Oranjestad, Aruba

Serves meat, vegan options available. Health food restaurant offering vegetarian, vegan, and fish. Est. 2013. Open Mon-Sat 11:30am-4:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Organic, Take-out, Caribbean, Latin American, Non-veg

First Review by SarahCoppes

Cute little place - Edit

This is a cute restaurant. The first time we were here, we ordered both a main course. To our surprise, we found that free herbal tea, soup and something sweet for desert was included!
Every day of the week there is a different menu. The first time we ate a casserole with plantain. The second time we had mushrooms with tofu and ginger and vegetable stew. Also tasty but less original than the casserole.

Pros: You can sit outside, Good price, Lots of fresh herbs

Cons: This ‘ vegetarian’ restaurant has fish on the menu

AMAZING! - Edit

My husband and I ate here twice in our 6 days in Aruba. Just a 2-3 minute drive from the high-rise hotels. It's tucked away in a corner of a strip-mall. The service was incredible. One lady working in the front and seemed to be one in the kitchen. They have daily specials- the first time we went they were having exactly what the menu said they have on Friday's. When we went back on Monday the had different options from the menu....and I'm so glad because it was so so good. There were probably 7 tables inside and 3 or 4 outside in their charming corner or the shopping center- complete with many plants and shade-screens. We were brought hot herbal tea which was so delicious. The first time my husband and I each ordered one dish- I had the tofu and sautéed mushrooms which was served with quinoa and fresh cabbage and veggies and he had a huge plate of pasta. This came with lentil soup which was brought out first and WOW it was incredible. Our server was super kind and very knowledgeable about their food and was eager to accommodate us. Of the 5 specials they had that day I believe 3 were vegan. We returned on Monday to eat a huge meal before flying home. They had 5 specials and we got the 4 of them that were vegan. The red bean soup was even better than the lentil soup we'd had the first time. Then our entrees came out.....so delicious!!!! We had the morocco wok which was sautéed eggplant, the sautéed pumpkin, the sautéed mushrooms and spinach and the vegan meat (seitan) meal. Some of the best food we've ever had! Each dish was served with quinoa, fresh cabbage and veggies like cucumber and tomatoes. The first time we were severed a chia-mango pudding for dessert and the second time chia-beet paste/pudding. The mango was really good. We ate there last on Monday, December 12, 2016 and she said they will be closed for the rest of the season but will reopen for sure. We didn't ask exactly how long they'll be closed. No joke- we will plan our next Aruba trip around this place being open!!! They're closed on Sundays. We could've eaten here every single day. Oh- and the prices were great. $8-10 for each entree which includes the soup and the hot herbal tea and the dessert. WOW!!! This place is great!

Pros: many vegan options, quaint and kind atmosphere and service , convenient location, great parking

Cons: closes seasonally , closed on sundays

Lunch - Edit

Is a great vegan/vegetarian place for lunch. Have gotten some food there when I go for an evening shift, and sat there once.
Service is good and quick.
If you sit down you receive 3 course meal - a soup, the main you order accompanied by a salad and quinoa or rice, and a desert. Unlimited herbal tea is included, some smoothies as well. Total price: 22 afl!
Take away includes the soup and main, you can eat the desert and some smoothie while waiting. 18-20 florins.
They have a set weekmenu, every day 5/6 options. Sometimes one is fish but the rest is at least vegetarian but I think all vegan.
Definitely worth your money.
Only drawback is the seating - mostly inside, outside only one table, and lights inside are too bright.

Pros: excellent food, good value

Cons: lights are too bright inside, only one 2 person table outside

Return to Oranjestad Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Green Food Service closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.