Green Earth Vegetarian Cuisine

416-778-9199

385 Broadview Avenue (at Gerrard), Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M4K 2M7

A family owned restaurant. Offers vegan Asian and western food. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm, Sun 2:00pm-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Western, Take-out, Asian

First Review by t.o.veg_family

very good - Edit

Very good food, we brought omni relatives and they liked it too.

Lovely location - Edit

interresting cosy place, a lot of light and a nice view

Pros: awesome location, friendly staff, 100% vegan

Freshly made Super TASTY food :) - Edit

Cozy atmosphere, casual, friendly.

Freshly squeezed juice super healthy. Summer rolls appetizer super popular for a reason.

Food served always tasty veggies with yummy sauce!

Especially good to accommodate personal needs,
like gluten free :)

Every friend I took here LOVE it :)

Pros: Fresh, Tasty, Friendly

Super Nice People - Edit

This place was really accommodating and the waitress was so nice. The food looked beautiful.

Great for catering and dine in! - Edit

My husband and I recently catered our rehearsal dinner with the Penne, Pasta Shells, Chicken Nuggets, Spring Rolls, Quinoa Sushi, Pita with Hummus, Crispy Wontons and Harvest Salad! Our family/friends were surprised and impressed that everything was vegan! They made recommendations on what would be good to present and how much to get.

When we dine in, I love the Unchicken Burger and you have to save room for the Lemon Cheesecake!!!!

We discovered Green Earth at VegFest 2014 and have been dedicated ever since!

Pros: A million options to choose from, Tasty

Great everything! Highly recommend!! - Edit

A perfect choice for vegans, vegetarians and all! Food is delicious...portions are good...service is great...prices are very reasonable (dinner for 4 with 2 appys $60 tax in) The best part was how much it was enjoyed by the often skeptical non-veg in our party. Convenient location. This was our first visit and will definitely not be our last.

Pros: great taste/texture, portion size and price, very friendly service

Cons: long wait for food if you are in a hurry, ...worth the wait!

Amazing food! - Edit

Amazing food, moderately priced, friendly staff. I highly recommend.

Pros: Friendly staff, moderately priced, Amazing Food

Cons: Not many raw options

Thai banana rolls - Edit

The Thai banana rolls with ice cream are worth 5 stars right off the bat. I had the Three Flavours stir fry with brown rice for the main. Lots of sweet basil. It was very good.

The waitress was friendly and the place had a serene, calm atmosphere.

My omnivore friend had the Buddha burger with fries and he was very pleased with his meal too.

Pros: Delicious, friendly, inexpensive

Great Restaurant! - Edit

I have been to Green Earth at least half a dozen times now. The lady who always seems to be working there is very friendly. The food is delicious, comes out fast and most items are around $8 or $10. The portions are large and everything is always tasty. I love this place! I just wish that they also had a location downtown, rather than just the location at Broadview and Gerrard.

Pros: Tasty Food, Reasonable Prices, Good Service

Cons: Only one location in Toronto

Great restuarant - Edit

Green Earth is one of the vegan restaurants that I continue to revisit. They have a really great menu with many delicious options. The servers are always friendly and provide great service. My recommendations would be the crispy spring rolls, crispy chow mein (they also have soft chow mein), the thai banana rolls with ice cream and the tom yum soup. The only downside is that each time I have dined in the restaurant is empty or only has one or two other customers.

Pros: Friendly staff, Great selection, Good food

Good location if driving into Toronto - Edit

This is an easy restaurant to get to if you are driving down the Don Valley Pkwy coming into Toronto. We went there for lunch and I had the chow mein which was one of the lunch specials. I ended with Thai banana rolls with soy ice cream and coffee. It was good but I would like to try the regular menu at some point instead of the lunch special.

Pros: Good location, Inexpensive, Good food

Mock meats, alright - Edit

I'm not a huge fan of mock meats and this location, unlike it's sister restaurant in Pasadena is very mock-meat centered. They do have fresh juices which help counter the heaviness of eating mock meat though. I only ordered a juice and a "Fajita Vegana" wrap (lunch special). The "lunch special" meant it came with a drink, but the choices were only coke, sprite, etc, and I couldn't sub for a hot tea or anything unsweetened. The wrap was also a little small, and contained mostly peppers, mock meat, and sauce only, but was only $6. If I went back I'd definitely order Chinese style food. Nice owner, looking for a new waitress if you know anyone.

Pros: Juices, Friendly owner

Cons: Unhealthy drinks

Can't Miss the Crispy Chicken - Edit

Ate here for lunch today, and loved almost everything we ordered. We started with crispy chickun nuggets, which were as crispy as described and were tasty. We then had the asparagus and spinach soup, which was good but tasted a little grassy. For entrees we had a portobello burger and a chickun burger. Both were yummy, but the chickun burger was especially delightful, and had the same fantastic breading as the nuggets. The avocado on the sandwiches came in one big square chunk each though, so we sliced them up so they would cover more of the patties. Really, really tasty. The server was very friendly too.

Pros: Tasty, Friendly staff, Wide selection

Great All Vegan Food and Wonderful People. - Edit

After traveling to Toronto again this year, eating a great meal at Green Earth again, I realized that I forgot to review them last year when I first discovered them and ate there. So, I need to relate my story from last year.

I was with my 94-year-old mother. I parked in front of the Green Earth Restaurant and went inside to get a menu to show my mother so we could decide if we wanted to try this place which was new to us. Mom said OK, and I proceeded to go to the machine to get a parking stub for the dashboard.

In the meantime, the owner/waitress, who luckily for us wasn't busy at the time, came out to help my mother into the restaurant (mom was weak and also uses a cane). After seating us, the lady sat diagonally across from mom and we talked for a while. The lady looked down and noticed that mom had inadvertently put her shoes on wrong that morning (left on right and right on left). The lady then proceeded to untie mom's shoes, switch them to the correct feet, and re-tie them.

I don't think that you'll find nicer, kinder people anywhere. And, they make great food and drinks.

love it - Edit

I THINK this is probably my favourite Asian veg restaurant in toronto. I don't get there as much as I'd like since I'm a west ender and always seem to find myself passing by on tuesdays, when they are closed! But I've had a bunch of stuff off the menu and it was all good. Last munch it was a stick to your ribs US style meal and I loved it. They renewed my love for Asian Veg (which was all we had back in the '90s and I got sick of it!)

Pros: inexpensive, decent portions, very tasty

Cons: far from me, closed tuesdays

Not Bad.... - Edit

Not too bad, I can't say anything negative really because I liked everything.
My barbeque tofu was a bit plain, it lacked side vegetables and the barbeque could have been a lot more thick and rich. The Tofu could have been baked more (or fried or flame grilled) I did however like the creamy potato soup, but that also could have been much-much more thicker consistency. But was all satisfying none the less.

I also ordered 3 appetizers, all were amazing. Fried nuggets, prawns, and a 3rd I do not remember were all really delicious.

Pros: Reasonably priced, Friendly, Great appatizers

Cons: entrees a little bland, Atmosphere a little boring

Great Place - Edit

The Tom yum soup is amazing and must have for me when i go to this restaurant. The owners are committed vegetarians and very friendly.

Pros: great food, tom yum soup

Cons: television playing all the time

Great little place for an inexpensive meal - Edit

My wife and I come here often for a simple, inexpensive meal. Three entrees shared between the two of us comes to $20 which can't really be beat. The food is pretty good for the price and I highly recommend the hue noodle soup or the three flavours. Their menu is varied and you can get everything from tacos to burgers to philly cheesesteak sandwiches to wonton soup. Not the best vegan restaurant in Toronto but it's affordable, friendly, clean, and one of those places you can go back to again and again.

Return to Toronto Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Green Earth Vegetarian Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.