Green Earth Vegan Cuisine

Contact 626-584-0268

37 S Fair Oaks Ave, Pasadena, California, USA, 91105

Pasadena vegan restaurant offering a wide variety of cuisine. Features Vietnamese soups, Asian stir frys, pasta dishes, veggie burgers and sandwiches, soups, fresh juices, and more. Uses biodegradable take out containers and some organic ingredients. Causal nice. Street parking. Open Mon 11:30am-9:00pm, Wed-Thu 11:30am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-10:00pm, Sun 11:30am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, Vietnamese

First Review by delilah71

Delicious! - with great service to boot. - Edit

What's not to love about green earth? Authentic dishes, great location right in Old Town Pasadena, and delicious flavors. Also, the staff is very incredibly sweet.

Pros: groovy location, great service, delicious

Wouldn't go back - Edit

I've been vegan for 10 years, so I've come to expect a lot out of vegan food. I've gone to Green Earth Vegan several times and every time I walk out thinking "I'm never going back there". To me, it's not good enough. The restaurant itself is in a great location and is very cute, but that's where my compliments end. It's pricier than it should be and the food is just very mediocre. The staff is always very friendly, so I feel bad for writing a negative review, but I just don't like it. My Vegan, which is just a few blocks away, is 95% yummier and better value.

Pros: good location, friendly staff, cute restaurant

Cons: over priced, food is just ok

Pretty good! - Edit

This place has pretty good food. Not amazing, but tasty and the ingredient is fresh. The place is clean and well-decorated. The atmosphere is casual but still nice enough for a date. Their lunch specials are very good deals. I'd definitely come back if I am in the neighborhood again!

Delicious Canadian Import - Edit

This place almost feels like a spa with Bamboo woven place mats, serene muted beige and green paint and linens, small orchids in the window, and multi-directional/ multi-colored would paneled floors.

I gotta tell you that the Spring Rolls were perfect. Not too chewy or dried out, pleasant notes of mint that weren't not over powering served with a perky peanut sauce that seemed like it was made mere moments before. The Vegetable Teriyaki was The Best Vegan Teriyaki Broccoli Beef I've had. It was so fresh, perfectly cooked, King Oyster mushrooms add a heartier layer with whole brown rice. My friend ordered the Eggplant medley who loved it, but seemed a little too soggy to me with smokey overtones made it seem artificial.

Drum roll please, the Vegan chocolate Almond cake was delicious with the sliced almonds that surprise your mouth, but so rich that it could've used the ice cream to balance it out. To be fair, the waitress recommended to eat it with ice cream, but I turned it down, maybe I should've taken her advice.

We plan to go again soon. In the meantime, enjoy!

Veg out,

Veggie Army
www.VeggieArmy.com

A Family Favorite - Edit

Green Earth Vegan Cuisine is a favorite place to take my non-vegan family to because the dishes are familiar, flavorful and filling. The global menu offers a variety of dishes for pasta lovers, as well as Asian and Mexican entrees, burgers, sandwiches, salads and smoothies.

I especially love these dishes:

THREE FLAVORS
Pumpkin, eggplant, tofu, onion, sweet basil, red and green bell pepper, and king oyster mushroom with chef’s sauce.

CHICK'UN PARMIGIANA
Hand breaded soy chick’un breast topped with marinara sauce and vegan mozzarella cheese, served with broccoli and mashed potato.

CHOW MEIN
Stir-fried noodles with tofu, broccoli, cabbage, organic bean sprouts, and carrots.

LASAGNE DI VERDURE
Lasagna with eggplant, zucchini, onion, broccoli, green and red bell pepper served with organic mixed green salad and toasted bread.

PHO(GFO/SFO)
Traditional Vietnamese noodle soup with fresh basil, tofu, textured vegetable protein, and organic bean sprouts.

Save room for dessert because the ORGANIC CARROT CAKE and the ORGANIC CHOCOLATE CAKE are fabulous.

Pros: Variety of menu entrees, Flavorful and filling dishes, Great customer service

Pretty darn good! - Edit

I ordered the Green Curry to go. It was pretty darn good. O:) I would like to eat there again and try more food! I will say I wish they had even more Gluten-Free options (though compared to average place- still have a good amount). Some things were Organic- hard to tell what was or wasnt.

Parking is an issue in Pasadena on a weekend!

Pros: Really good food, Clean- feeling place, All Vegan!

Cons: Parking , wanted more GF and all OG.

Nice intimate restauarant - Edit

I have been to this restaurant twice now and enjoyed my meals both times. The restaurant is quiet and intimate- a great place for a romantic dinner. The waiter was friendly and the food was delicious. Reasonably priced.

Pros: Delicious food, Intimate, Reasonable prices

Good food, good vibes - Edit

Green Earth is a comfortable place offering an eclectic mix of Asian and western dishes, with warm service in an environment of relaxed elegance.

We very much appreciate the use of organic ingredients.

The only downside is that parking in this area can be a challenge, but that isn't the restaurant's fault.

Recommended. Enjoy!

Pros: Eclectic menu, organic ingredients, warm and personable service

Cons: parking can be a challenge

AMAZING Flavors and Food Here & Great Atmosphere! - Edit

Green Earth is just an amazing place. My favorite thing here is not just the Pho, it's actually the Pho broth. I'm a food snob and the command of flavors in that broth are unparalleled. Exceptional to find this quality in a VEGAN Pho (most Pho masters are omnivore. Here you have a fabulous msg and meat free Pho!) Their other soups are amazing too (Curly Zoodle Soup with Cilantro and Zucchini noodles, Potato Chowder Soup, Won Ton). Start out with the Spring and Summer Rolls, they are both excellent and of course they did not miss the basil. They have a green mango smoothie (Groovy Green) that presents like a sherbert with a boba straw...really delicious. Great Salads too! I've tried everything from the Meatball Sandwich to the Three Flavors, which is very popular as is the burrito. Excellent service. Don't miss this gem!

Pros: Soup

Classy Vegan Restaurant - Edit

Ahhh, what a relief to be able to relax & order anything on the menu without asking lots of questions, debating the honesty of the server, and asking them to take this out, please put that in instead, etc. etc.! I've eaten here several times and the food is always great quality & awesomely delicious! It's also a very classy upscale atmosphere- not hippy at all. The employees are always very friendly.

Pros: Classy, Great Food, Friendly

a good unusual visit - Edit

it's not common to visit a restaurant and not buy food there. Well, I bought food, but not the way people usually do. I was kind of waiting for my bus to return to my hotel and I saw this restaurant in Pasadena which I think it's the only one written "Vegan" on the sign outside the house.

the clerk was a bit confused on why i was not ordering any food or snack. The point I was going to a party afterwards and then not so looking for good amount of food.

However, I got organic mint tea, which I love it, and I also bought vegan chocolate, which is sooo delicious.

I could feel the ambience was good, and menu looks varied and fair-priced.

The lady who served me was so friendly, lovingly insisting for me to stay and have some food there.

I also could see they sell veggie, non-alcoholic wine there.

Pros: on main avenue, near bus stop, friendly staff, good quality products

Cons: no cons, nothing, none

Vast Menu, Good results - Edit

On a trip to our least favorite area of the United States (LA), my wife and I were pleased to find this little restaurant in one of the loveliest cities of the LA basin. The menu was not only huge, but the food was good. What we chose was not necessarily the best choices, but we were so hungry that we decided on a great deal pasta and bread, with greens as supplements. I actually had fried sweet potatoes and they were "yummy". My wife was not as impressed with her dish of burrito and crumbled soy, but she says that it was a poor choice for her and had nothing to do with the quality of the dish. The waitress was knowledgeable and helpful, and we found it relieving that we were able to eat a fine meal that we had total confidence with regarding the contents.

Pros: Selection, Service, Preparation

Cons: Location near construction (temporary)

delicious & filling - Edit

I ate the Three Flavors, which was delicious but I usually avoid tofu, TVP, and fake meats. It was served on a big plate and the veggies were chopped in large pieces, so the meal looked very small when it arrived, but it filled me up quick. My dad ate the Curried Tofu Scramble and we shared the crunchy egg rolls, which were all scrumptious. Not the healthiest vegan food I've had, but certainly not the least healthy. I highly recommend the food, atmosphere, and service.

Pros: service, taste, portion for price

Cons: emphasis on meat substitutes

green earth - Edit

Lots to choose from on the menu. They were out of a few things, but it was not a problem since there was so much more to order from. Service was great even though there were a lot of customers. I had the fettuccine which was very good but slightly sweet and my friend had the burrito which was excellent! (I stole a bite.) Simple environment, but relaxing and satisfying.

Pros: great food

Hot & Sour soup - Edit

I love the hot & sour soup at Green Earth - have tried other dishes but the soup is my favorite! The restaurant is right off of Colorado Blvd in a great shopping area - a perfect stop to recharge one's batteries between shops! A friend ate there for Thanksgiving and said it was a wonderful and memorable meal.

Pros: Nice restaurant - great location, All vegan menu

Return to Pasadena Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Green Earth Vegan Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.