Green Dog Cafe

Contact 513-321-8777

3543 Columbia Pkwy, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, 45226

Serves meat, vegan options available. Billed as a sustainable restaurant, has a few vegan food items on the menu. Weekend brunch. Casual, contemporary atmosphere. Open Tue-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri 11:00am-9:30pm, Sat 9:00am-9:30pm, Sun 9:00am-3:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by the1stnoel

Disappointing vegan food - Edit

I ordered their “Rossz Kutya” burrito, but vegan. I think I misheard the cashier and assumed there would be tofu to sub in the eggs. However, I received my meal and there was no tofu :( I asked a worker there about it, and she told me they didn't have tofu at all. The vegan version has no eggs, no vegan cheese, and no vegan sour cream so it lacks three pretty important ingredients. They marked food as veganizable, but basically this just means taking out the non-vegan items and charging about the same. I may have been charged a dollar less.

My boyfriend ordered the lemon pancakes, he said they were delicious. So this jount might be a better place for vegetarians. The outside patio was nice and chill. I liked the atmosphere, it's just too bad it markets itself as vegan friendly when it isn't.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Vegetarian friendly

Cons: Not really vegan friendly, Bit pricey

Not great but it's a good option - Edit

Me and my partner like to go out to eat in Cincinnati a lot but we always find ourselves scratching our heads for a minute trying to figure out where to go. This is usually one of our last go to places we think of. It's good. Sandwich and soup kind of place, but it's not so good that we go all the time. Still glad it exists and sometimes they have a vegan dessert like sorbet. It's cute spot with lots of seating and next to a wine bar.

Pros: lots of seating, more than a couple vegan options

just ok for vegan options. - Edit

The veggie burger was really dry as a vegan selection (they just leave off the cheese and mayo, with no substitute.) Also really interesting side option of kimche, salad, or brown rice. I'm glad I didn't get the brown rice. Not a lot of spice flavor from the burger and the kimchee tastes more like sauerkraut - which was nice to top the burger with the make it edible. My partner got the green curry which was really tasty but it only hard mushrooms and spinach in it - which is how it's described but doesn't offer much variety. We also found out the vegan version of their chili fries (which looked amazing) didn't have any substitutions for cheese or sour cream. So essentially you pay the same for less. Why not top it with Guac or some Daiya cheese?

Pros: great for vegetarians!

Cons: lackluster substitutions for vegans

Always Amazing - Edit

My husband and I have visited this retaurant several times (including Buz located next door.) Food quality is consistently amazing. I love the casual atmosphere. I can sit and study and not worry about hogging a server's table. The lemon pancakes are OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! Other favorites include the BLT as a wrap, the fries, and Eggs Benedict with asparagus. Generous portions. Either prepare for a doggy bag or share. The only challenge is the noise level. Sound reverates from the concrete floors, glass walls, and the metal cealing. There is plenty of outside seating though. This place is perfect for Sunday Brunch. Seating can be arranged to accommodate large groups. I don't know who chooses the music, but it is ALWAYS on mark with the weather and mood of the day. In addition, the music is played softly and has never been overbearing. I'm impressed every time. The best part is that I never have to worry about what I'm eating. From what I understand, everything is non-GMO, organic, and sourced locally. Hope this helps. :)

Pros: consistent quality, great selection, friendly staff

Return to Cincinnati Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Green Dog Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3136 times since Jan 2011.