Green Common - Tsim Sha Tsui

+852-31021220

Shop OT G61, G/F, Ocean Terminal, Harbour City, 17 Canton Rd, TST, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China, 999077

Burger and salad eatery and health food shop marketed by the people behind Green Monday in HK. Note the company partners with the HK horse racing industry. Open Mon-Sun 11:30am-10:30pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Western, Fast food, Take-out, Fusion

First Review by urban_gypsy

great healthy options plus good mock meats - Edit

This cute little cafe is located in the ocean terminal (ground floor). They serve really good mock meats, I particularly liked the beef pho. It’s so nice to find somewhere that do healthy options like this. They also have a cute little shop with interesting vegan foods and they have a smoothie named after Leonado DiCaprio, what more could you want!

Pros: Beef Pho, Shop

Best burger ever! - Edit

I've been to many vegan eateries in the UK and this was the best vegan burger i've ever had. It was so authentic. I often struggle with 'beef' imitations due to the texture but this was spot on. Refreshing to find such a nice place in the craziness of TST!

Pros: Beyond burger

Cons: A little expensive

Green Common - Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong - Edit

I expected great things going by the amount of anti-dairy material they have on their website. It was thus disappointing they have many products made with dairy. It isn't aimed at anyone on a budget diet.

They partner with the Hong Kong racing industry. I only rate this place 2 since the website won't let me rate it any lower.

Updated from previous review on 2017-04-24

Cons: Expensive, Partner of the Hong Kong horse racing industry

looking great - Edit

In a very busy mall at Harbour city

I bit contradictory - Edit

The beyond burger and kale salad from here are good. It's also nice having some vegan groceries available in TST.

But I have a big problem with companies that call themselves "green" but aren't actually. There's quotes all over the restaurant about helping the environment but yet the only thing the restaurant recycles is cans (an item which is barely on the menu!) I've asked twice WHY they are producing their own plastic bottled juices and yet provide no recycling and the manager said it's "too difficult" and that I could bring it to a recycling station myself. YOU CANNOT CALL YOURSELVES "GREEN" IF YOU SELL NON-VEGAN GROCERIES AND CREATE TONS OF PLASTIC WASTE.

I'm sceptical and don't trust companies like this who use "green" as a buzzword and marketing concept, but don't actually care about animals or the environment.

Disappointed!! - Edit

Have been here on a number of occasions and have always opted for the Beyond burger with cheese and avocado, which requires additional cost.

Well well.... yesterday was here again and to my utter disappointment, the decent slice of cheese they previously used has now been cut in Half!!! The cheek to ask for extra money for a tiny cut in half cheese is total disgrace.... if you were to cut the cost of extra cheese in half then it would be fine, but no, greed has got the better of green common.

Updated from previous review on 2017-08-11

Pros: Beyond burger patty is good

Cons: Tiny bit of cheese on burger , Expensive for just a burger

Delicious - Edit

I have never had a burger... Even when I was a meat eater that was this good! I felt almost guitly at how real it tasted. We dont have beyond meat back home so we didnt know what to expect.
It was so tasty and the vegan cheese was so yummy and melty.
Best burger ever and guilt free! I wish we had a place like this back home in South Africa

Pros: 100% vegan, Lots of vegan product to buy, Variety in the menu

Cons: Expensive

the best - Edit

My favorite place in Hk. Their vegan burger is the bestt! Its really good. Hainan chicken also really good. And they sell many kinds of vegan snacks n ice cream. πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

green common - harbour city - Edit

i happened to be there late one evening after buying some local vegan items from the shop for my trip back home, and decided to have a late dinner there (last order at 9.30 pm)

i tried the seasonal special: winter comfort (japanese curry udon with gardein beef tips and okra) $98. it was my first time tasting gardein (or any western-styled mock-meats), and the meal was satiating if expensive. before placing your order, check to see if some common good cold-press juices might be available at a discount from the store (due to their sell-by date), rather than from the cafe.

i placed my order close to 9.30 pm and there were some people still dining there. it wasn't easy to find, tucked away amidst designer children's boutiques, but it was a nice place to sit, enjoy and think.

vegan, buddhist and gluten-free items are labelled on the menu.

rating: 3.25.

Pros: the only veggie place in harbour city?

Cons: expensive for a cafeteria (self-collection), many dishes contain mock meats

On- the- go pit stop - Edit

This is the fourth location of Green Common in Hong Kong, and the only one currently in Kowloon.

Located inside the luxury level of babies and childrenwear of Ocean Terminal next to BLT Steak, this is a sanctuary for your vegan on- the- go snacks and some light meals.

I've been here everyday in the 6 days of my trip to Hong Kong only because it was right next to my hotel and it was a good place to set up my laptop and get some work done while working my way through the entire menu.

Here are what I've tried:
K- Burrito (Korean Kimchee + Beyond Meat Chicken Wrap)
I was surprised how small the portion was, given the fact of the price, and that they also had a children's menu. I was expecting it to be warm and toasted, but it was cold and felt like it was made earlier and taken out of the fridge and served. It also came with a small salad on the side. I would only order this again if I was feeling peckish, but not when I'm expecting to have a full lunch/dinner.

Quinoa Rainbow Bowl
Again, the portion is quite small and there isn't as much quinoa as expected. Underneath the beautifully pictured salad is actually a thick layer of brown rice with coconut milk, which was also cold. There were only 4 bite size pieces of kale and not a lot of 'salad'.

Hainan Runaway Chicken (Beyond Chicken w/ Turmeric Rice)
There is a choice of half chicken or full chicken, and since I was there for dinner and was feeling quite hungry, I went with the full chicken. I don't know if they made a mistake with my order or not, but the amount of chicken I got, was the same as the person next to me who ordered the half portion. There were also 2 different types of 'meat' used, I'm guessing they mixed some Beyond Meat with some locally made chicken which were more like tofu than meat.

I also ordered a Quinoa Miso soup to add to my meal and it was exceptionally salty to the point I wasn't able to finish it. The only other soup I've tried is the Mixed Vegetable Soup, which is basically a Minestrone - this was more palatable and it had more greens in it which I liked.

Turmeric Tea
I thought this was going to be a Golden Mylk type thing, but it was more of a tonic infused with lemon and cloves. It was nice and soothing.

Matcha Latte
They use Califia Farms Barista Almond Milk which gave the latte a creamy froth, but if you're after something cheaper and don't mind having it cold - their deli carries Califia Farms Matcha Milk and Iced Coffees.

.. more in response..

Updated from previous review on 2016-12-04

Pros: Deli with Assorted Vegan Snacks + Drinks, Convenient Location, Cozy Atmosphere

Cons: Small Portions, Expensive for what it is, Self- service

urban_gypsy 04 Dec 2016 - Non- dairy Ice Cream with Mixed Berries
I was deciding between the Happy Cow Ice cream sitting in the display freezer vs their ice cream on the menu, and I opted to try theirs thinking it would be something out of the ordinary. I chose the banana walnut flavour, and although it was pretty good, it was a very very scoop presented next to a tiny array of frozen berries.

I would highly recommend you to grab a Happy Cow Ice Cream instead - it's cheaper, you get more volume and you can eat it there.

If I return, I would probably give the Quinoa Burger w/ Fries a try - I've seen a few people ordering it and the portion looks rather decent. Otherwise, I would just purchase items from their deli. They do carry quite a few hard- to- find items such as Simply 7 Quinoa Chips, Vegan Chocolates, Miyoko's Kitchen Vegan Cheese and Butter, Gardein and Beyond Meat products.

Return to Kowloon Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Green Common - Tsim Sha Tsui closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.