Green Bear Coffee - La Canebiere

123 La Canebiere, Marseille, France, 13001

Coffeehouse cafe with a few outlets. Became all-vegetarian in 2014. Offers salads, sandwiches, hot dishes, and desserts. Has Wi-Fi. Open Mon-Fri 10:00am-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Fast food, Take-out, French

First Review by Anna-Lin

Good vegan options - Edit

This is a cozy cafe with a living room feel in the back room, and a lot of terrace seating out front on La Canebiere. I came here twice, the first time for a soy lattee. The second to get takeaway for a hike. There was a variety vegan sandwiches and salads. I had the bulgur and curried tofu salad with lots of crunchy veg in it. They were also serving an interesting soup of the day: courgette-mint soup (vegan) so I stayed to try it on the terrace. Both were tasty.

Pros: convenient ready-made takeaways

Cons: they use disposable cutlery and plates/bowls when

Good vegan lunches - Edit

Clear vegan labelling. Falafels, burgers, salads, coffees, beers, even vegan cakes and soya yoghurts. Very friendly staff. Outside seating.

Pros: Vegan lunches

Good Cafe - Edit

They have a good selection for vegetarians and enough vegan options.

We had nice houmous sandwiches, salads, burgers in buns, chocolate cake, prune cake and good coffee, all vegan.

Its not that cheap but is good quality, and everything in central marseille is not cheap. There weren't many other vegan places to choose from.

We went there 3 or 4 times during our stay and it was good every time. There is another branch as well we visited in Marseille and it was also good.

Pros: tasty food, nice staff

Enjoyable - Edit

In my own veggie cooking, I have encountered a few issues that are yet to be solved. Amongst these are getting the texture of lentils right, making quinoa tasteful and also the texture issue of patties/burgers/balls.

When eating lunch at Green bear, I found that they succeeded in two out of three. I had a menu of tofu balls and lentil-quinoa, with a side of green salad, a drink and a cookie as dessert (about 12,90 euro). The tofu balls were a little too soft but yes! Both the lentils and the quinoa were really tasty! Add to this that the staff were nice and the cookie was the biggest vegan cookie I have found in a café and you will have me coming back...also, I was full for hours after which basically never happens when eating out.
Updated from previous review on Saturday August 22, 2015

Pros: nice staff, tasty, good value

Cons: only take-away containers, cookie could have stayed longer in oven, wish for more dessert options for vegans

Return to Marseille Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Green Bear Coffee - La Canebiere closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1970 times.