Green Bean Cafe

• Veg-friendly
Contact 519-997-4710

2320 Wyandotte St W, lower level, Windsor, Ontario, Canada, N9B 1K4

Serves meat, vegan options available. Coffee house with some vegan food offerings. Has a portobello mushroom panini, peanut butter and banana panini, soups, salads, rice and bean wrap, fair trade drinks. Soy milk is available. Offers a customer loyalty card. Wi-fi access with purchase. Open mic night every Thursdays.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Non-veg

First Review by _lawlipops_

Indeed Veg-friendly. - Edit

I needed to kill some time, and a place close by to hang out. The more veg friendly, the better. The Green Beans campus location was nearby, and so I thought I would give it a try.

I was surprised to discover that they were located in the basement of a church, but a very spacious and comfortable basement I must add. This place has lots of seating, including couches and upholstered chairs. Very student friendly for sure.

They also had lots of free trade coffee, unobtrusive music, pleasant atmosphere and enough veg options to convince me that I had made the right choice in coming.

I first had a tea and a bagel. The bagel was good, though I had to get them to heat up the tea, as it was not hot enough. (The same with a coffee I had the next day.)

Then later for lunch I opted for there Humus Vegetable Wrap and Soup. Both were not only tasty, but were Tender Loving Tasty. Meaning they were well made and very satisfying.

Overall I would recommend them as a decent place for vegans to hang out and find a well prepared, cruel free meal.

Pros: Several Vegan food options, Lots of seating/Pleasant atmosphere, Reasonably priced

Cons: Not wholly vegan (of course.), Coffee and Teas are not hot enough.

Nice place to hang out - Edit

I checked out both of the branches - one on the University campus, the other downtown - and enjoyed both, athough I loved the atmosphere on campus.
You can come here and work or read while enjoying one of their coffee specialties (they have almond and soy milk).
I had their PB & banana panini three times - it's delicious. Veggie hummus wrap wasn't my taste entirely but it's filling.
Definitely recommend going here when in Windsor!

Pros: good food, awesome atmosphere

Cons: none

Pleasant vegan surprise in Windsor - Edit

We were visiting family in Windsor for three days and didn't expect many vegan options. We discovered Green Bean Cafe on Happy Cow and decided to try it with our omnivore hosts. They enjoyed their meaty paninas while we got a tasty and hearty vegan meal.

My partner and I each had a bowl of vegan chili (one of the daily specials). It was hearty and the servings were very generous. We also split a hummus and veggie wrap followed by a vegan brownie (shared by the whole table and evev the omnis were impressed!). We also had reasonable good espresso. (We are espresso fiends and quite particular. I would definitely rate their espesso above average.)

I think the biggest selling point is the relaxed ambience and especially the warm and knowledgeable staff. They are definitely respectful of vegans and made our experience great.

Pros: Great vibe, Nice staff, Tasty vegan options

Great atmosphere - Edit

I am a regular at Green Bean because it is spacious, they have a good menu, and they offer fair trade coffees. I recommend the rice and bean wrap (ask for no cheese/mayo) and many of their coffees taste great with soy milk. You can also get a WiFi voucher.

Pros: Menu selection, Atmosphere, Great staff

Return to Windsor Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Green Bean Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2121 times since Aug 2011.