Green Bar and Kitchen

• Vegan
Contact 954-533-7507

1075 SE 17th, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA, 33316

Its organic menu features gluten-free options with juices, smoothies, salads, soups, wraps, grain bowls, veggie burgers, and gluten-free baked goods.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by Scott Grenerth

mixed review - Edit

This place has changed a lot since I first started coming here. It started out as very healthy and light. The food tasted fresh and with quality ingredients. Since then, the menu has changed several times. No problem there. However, this last time I went, the quality of the food had gone way down. Over priced, deep-fried, frozen food. I was disappointed. I used to really like going to eat here. I'm not sure I'll be back.

Pros: lots of options, nice atmosphere

Cons: expensive for what it is, greasy

Wow, Wow, WOW! - Edit

Homebrewed kombucha? That alone is reason to come. But meal after meal everything comes out clean and tasty. So glad to have found this absolutely perfect vegan spot when in town at a convention. Sweet staff, too. Outside dining area very zen. Overall, 10 stars!

Pros: homemade kombucha, outdoor seating ambience, friendly staff

Cons: closes too early (9 pm)

COCONUT BURGER IS ADDICTING - Edit

They had an amazing coconut burger that my mom and I went twice in the same week for. It was crusted perfectly and tasted how Florida feels; light and tropical. Their baked goods were awesome (especially the whoopie pies) and they had free flavored water that was hydrating and delicious. The atmosphere was very nice and I could have stayed there for hours if I didn't have to check into my hotel. This is a MUST DO!

Pros: Everything!, •They also have cute shirts that you can buy

Good food - service inconsistent - Edit

I've been to GBK and will be back because the food is good. But one thing I notice is a lack of consistency from one visit to the next.

This time, I met with 2 other friends. All 3 of us placed orders separately, but at the same time. Two orders came out. Our 3rd friend waited and waited, asked a server about her order (who never got back to her). She finally went in and asked and it had never been put through! At that point they asked her if she wanted to cancel her order, but she was hungry - she came to eat lunch. They should have offered her food for free, or at least a free dessert or coupon for a future visit. That is not the way to do business. My friend had to sit and watch us eat, and then finally just took the food to go. It was their error and they should have attempted to compensate her.

I still think the food is good, but they are going to lose customers with that kind of service (or lack thereof).

Cute place, food food! - Edit

I had the rustic burger witch is a sweet potato burger, the texture wasn't great but the taste was! My husband had the Buffalo tempeh and he loved it. The juices are very good. It's a nice place, the staff is friendly and the terrace is cute!

Excellent - Edit

We ate here twice (dinner & brunch) before leaving for our cruise & would happily eat there again next time we're in the area. (By the way, it is about 1.5 miles from Port Everglades - convenient for cruise departures, but does not open until 11am on Sun, so not as convenient for cruise disembarkation).

For dinner, I got a veggie bowl & chilli cheese dog. I thought both were good, but not amazing. But I adored the apple pie & apple crisp that we shared for dessert & the healthy juices for later. The Punk'n French Toast I got for brunch the next day was more unique & also tasty. see photos.

The decor is fresh & nice inside & the also have shaded outdoor seating which looked inviting (though we didn't partake). The staff was friendly too.

Overall, I'd give it 4.5 stars as 2 of my 3 dishes were nothing special (4 stars), but everything else was 5 stars.

Pros: Great selection (all vegan), Fresh, welcoming decor

Great place with pleasant outdoor seating - Edit

Green Bar and Kitchen is certainly one of the best vegan restaurants in the area. Food is reliably fabulous. The prices are a bit on the higher side for the portion size. I've gone for brunch a few times intending to order 'breakfast food', but can never say no to those delicious burger/sandwiches. When the weather is nice, sitting outside on their pleasant outdoor deck is unbeatable. The craft beer and PAC pastry offerings don't hurt either. ;)

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Excellent food, Friendly staff

Cons: Small portions for price

great find! - Edit

This place is absolutely amazing! I found it on my first day in Fort Lauderdale and will definitely be returning multiple times over the next 2 weeks! I had the twins tacos and they were to die for! Highly recommended! Served promptly within 10 minutes. Outdoor patio, large beer and kombucha selection and great soft serve. Vegan/raw heaven.

Excellent Food - Edit

This place is awesome! Everything is made in-house so the food tastes super fresh. Also, there are LOTS of gluten free options for those who need it.

My husband had the Portobello Burger which was phenomenal. The portobello mushroom is marinated to perfection, full of flavor and I don't know how they do it but it truly melts in your mouth. The chimichurri sauce is earthy, comforting and well-seasoned and pairs perfectly with the marinated portobello caps. Then they top it with homemade cheese which is stretchy, gooey and lightly tangy. Truly the perfect bite!

I ordered the BLT with added avocado. The sandwich includes savory tempeh on a house-made flax & millet bread. It comes with a side salad which is lightly dressed but seasoned to perfection, not soggy or oily. The sandwich was so full of flavor and the added avocado is a must! Normally, I run the other way when it comes to tempeh because it can be bitter but not this tempeh. It was soft and not a hint of bitterness. They must marinate it and slow cook it to get that melt-in-your-mouth texture.

We tried a few of their desserts, which I believe are provided by PAC Pastries, a local supplier. We had the smore's and maple cupcakes and the cashew butter cup. All were delicious, moist and surprisingly gluten free. We tried one of the cinnamon donut bites and it was ok. A little dense for my taste.

All in all, highly recommend this place! And if it is a breezy day, enjoy your delicious meal in their outdoor dining area!

The portions are not huge so if you're super hungry or a big eater one order may not be enough for you. I found it just right for me but I can see how it may be disappointing to some.

Pros: Excellent food, Large menu, Not too expensive, Local, Organic, Healthy, Gluten Free

Cons: Medium portions

Sunshine Foods - Edit

We had a great experience at Green Bar & Kitchen in Ft Lauderdale, Florida during vacation with the kids. The organic, vegan restaurant provides an eclectic mix of wraps, salads, bowls, sandwiches, smoothies and pressed juices at affordable prices. The atmosphere is cozy with an outside patio area and the staff are very knowledgeable of the vegan culinary experience. And Green Bar does not fry anything!!! We'll certainly be back! #OneLove #VeganPro #FitFathers

Pros: welcoming environment , value prices for organic grub, many options to choose from

Cons: none

best ice cream ever! - Edit

I stopped by here today on my way home from Sunfest in West Palm and I have no regrets! My friend had the rustic burger that had sweet potatoes in it, so good. I sampled the strawberry ice cream and wow what a dream. I got the krunkin, not that impressed but everything else was great! Cute atmosphere and definitely worth supporting!

Pros: variety, desserts

Cons: pricey

great!!!!!!!!!! - Edit

great place, clean, nice, modern, relaxing atmosphere, great food, good prices, good/great beer selection, go all the time, burgers are great!! also have great desssert slection
deff go if your in the area!!

Pros: great food, good prices , great atmosphere

Coconut Soup! - Edit

What a way to start 2015!
We sidled over to Green Bar & Grill early New Year's Day afternoon. The place was packed with a great vibe & amazing offerings.
The four of us dived in...skipping any starters.
The soups of the day were potato-leek & coconut. The coconut had a nice zing; the potato-leek soup rivals what you scarf at home when you're feeling bad.
For main dishes: the Waldorf Salad, with a side of egg salad, was made even better with the candied walnuts; the GBK burgers, barbecue & regular, were moist & flavorful and the Taco Salad had an unexpected twist with the addition of quinoa.
And finally for dessert: the
Krunkins - the chocolate was slightly dry & the vanilla was about perfect; the Lemon Cheesecake was tangy with a sweet aftertaste, there were three cupcakes: Smore's - very rich, Peanut Butter - surprisingly moist & the Cashew Buttercup - think Reese's, just better.
Our favorites were: the Coconut Soup, the Chocolate Buttercup and the candied walnuts on the Waldorf Salad,

Good vegan restaurant! - Edit

Food is good, nice environment, good decoration, little overprice.... they don't have too many raw vegan options like the Green Wave Cafe BUT it is a great option to grab something if you are in the Fort Lauderdale area.

Pros: Good food quality, Friendly Staff

Cons: Bring a jacket , the place is cold., Parking space., Overprice.

Best in South Florida - Edit

Unique and inspiring tastes on super food based health dishes. Salads, bowls, burgers, drinks, and desserts all that are vegan; all that are healthy for you no matter what diet you follow; all taste incredible.

Pros: Nutritious Ingredients, Delicious, Variety of Options

Cons: Smaller portions

Great food - Edit

If you have not gone then you should. This all vegan spot offers everything. From salads,burgers,tacos, and desserts.
Its a good spot to take a non-vegan friend to experiment the foods they usually eat but vegan. I had the Taco salad and my boyfriend had the burger.Very tasty but he said his bun wasn't fresh, it was a bit stale. The portions are small for the price so expect to spend a little more if you want to grub a lot. Our belies were just fine with those 2 items, we usually share. Anyways,will definitely be back.

Pros: variety , options, taste

Cons: small portions

Good sandwiches - Edit

We ate here recently on vacation. The smokehouse burger and buffalo tempeh sandwiches were quite good (loved the burger bun), and the asian-style slaw we had on the side was a perfect compliment. I agree with other reviewers that it's a bit pricey for the quantity of food, but it's worth it for the quality. We came in when it was relatively crowded and still got our food pretty quickly. I would definitely eat here again.

Pros: fast service, good burger

Cons: a bit pricey

LOVE THIS PLACE - Edit

This is a wonderful little restaurant. The burgers are unique and tasty! The deserts rock and the wine is superb. I wish we had one in WPB, but I will make the drive again!

Pros: Good food, Gluten-free

Cons: A little pricey

THE BEST RAW FOOD - Edit

I been going to this place since I found it online like six years ago. I love their home made ice cream and their coffee is like dessert to me . The people are amazing and so helpful . I love the food

LOVE THIS PLACE!! - Edit

LOVE THIS PLACE!!! I was visiting family in Boca and took the trip to GBK twice. Absolutely worth it. The ambience is refreshing, and the outside area peaceful. We loved the GBK burger, buffalo tempeh sandwich, avocado toast, and firehouse bowl. You absolutely have to try the desserts. They seem to change around daily but everything I tried was delicious. Elena one of the owners is so friendly and welcoming. Just that alone makes you want to come back.

Pros: beautiful inside and outdoor area, gluten free, organic, and healthy, outstanding desserts

You gotta try the Buffalo Tempeh! - Edit

I travel a lot for work and always like to keep an open mind with Happy Cow listings. Green Bar marinates their tempeh; it is full of flavor and moist in consistency. I like this consistency best compared to others that are dense and do not have much flavor. The fruit cup was fresh and sweet. I also tried the coconut Thai soup. It wasn't my favorite but perhaps they will let you sample it before you order. Everything here is organic and nonGMO. Will definitely be back upon my next visit.

Pros: buffalo tempeh, nonGMO, organic

Fantastic! - Edit

Very happy to have this wonderful restaurant practically in my backyard. Food is wonderful with decent portions. The staff is always very helpful. I always look forward to my next visit.

Pros: Great Food, Good Ambience, Helpful STAFF

Cons: Pricey

If you are a GF vegan, this is your place - Edit

This is a small cafe, with nice decor and nice people. They have a small 100% vegan and gluten free menu. I got 5 different sandwiches, 3 cupcakes, and two chocolate cups to go. It was close to $100. Not cheap. The sandwiches are smallish, but good. To be fair, I am not on the GF fad, and don't really like GF stuff. The cupcakes were ok, but noticeably GF. The buffalo tempeh sandwich I had was excellent and not noticeably GF. The non vegans I was feeding scarfed it all down without hesitation, which is always a good sign. I guess if GF is important, this might be a 5, but, given the price and the fact that GF is generally a negative, I am thinking a 3+.

Pros: 100% vegan, Nice atmosphere, Nice people

Cons: Expensive

Decent, but not amazing - Edit

The place is cute and easy to park. The food is good, but not great. I have tried many things there and liked them all, but nothing blows my socks off and the portions are very small. It's good - - just good . . .

Pros: Cute Place, easy to park, decent food

Cons: Average food, Small portions

Puppy friendly, love it! - Edit

My boyfriend and I stopped by to grab lunch after going to the dog park with our two pups. Everyone was super friendly, came out and said hi and gave our dogs some love. They were all very happy and the food was pretty good. It's nice to go to a restaurant where you don't have to pick through the menu just to find something, anything, that you can eat. Only downside is the beer was a bit on the expensive side and not a huge selection. I will definitely come here again though!

Pros: Veg-friendly

Cons: Needs better beer selection

it's ok - Edit

I got the faux chicken salad sandwich and liked it, but for the price ($12) I was expecting it to be RAW. It wasn't. This is the kind of sandwich you'd get for $6 say in San Diego. Anyway, aside from that I wasn't too much into the vibe there. Seemed like snooty people with money and expensive tastes. If that's your kind of thing but all means check this place out. But I won't be going there on my way to the beach ever again! :P

greenbar Hi! GBK here. We are so sorry you had an unpleasant experience with us. We strive each and every day to serve the best tasting, freshest and healthiest food possible to our guests. Our goal is to to make sure everyone feels welcomed and loved . We do our best to keep our prices as sharp as we can. Almost all of our dishes are cooked with 100% organic unrefined coconut oil. Some of our housemade dressings are made with organic hemp oil or organic flax oil... we include these superfood oils so they are more nutritious. We take several other steps to provide you with clean, heathy food too... We are a new, family owned business that is trying to help change the world one bite at a time. We strive to live up to our customer's high expectations by having even higher expectations for ourselves. We love constructive feedback and are continuously pushing ourselves to be the best that we can be. Obviously we would have preferred you shared this unsatisfactory experience with us privately so we could have remedied the situation immediately but we understand your frustration. We hope that you will come back and visit us soon. in graitude- the GBK family

AWESOMENESS!!! - Edit

GREAT food! beautiful and clean space!! wonderful and friendly service!!! planning to go back many times and try each item on that menu!!...and start again :)

Pros: perfect portions, delicious, nice vibe

Delightful cafe - Edit

Ate here a couple of times with my (omnivore) father and we both had the GBK burger each time. Delicious! The staff couldn't be friendlier.

Pros: Great veggie burgers, Super-friendly staff, Gluten free friendly

Cons: A little pricey, Veg burger is on the small side

Impressive - Edit

Very cool place, good selection of wine, great veegan and gluten free bakery. I was a bit disappointed by the lasagna, I could have taken more of the very delightfull pesto and macadem cheese. I would have also appreciated a piece of bread or any carb with my meal. Anyhow, I enjoyed my meal and would love to go back to try the other delicious plates.

Delicious! - Edit

I'm so glad we went there for dinner! It was perfect. The staff is friendly, the wine is organic, the food is delicious, and there is a vegan bakery and shop! The avocado toast was very tasty. Wish we had this in Quebec!

Pros: Nice outdoor patio seating, Good selection of wines and desserts

Cons: Small portions

awesome - Edit

Healthy and delicious food. My husband (an unapologetic carnivore) and I fought over the last spoonfuls of the Thai coconut soup. I haven't had anything that wasn't delicious so far.

Pros: lots of greens, great variety, changing specials

Cons: not a ton of food

The Best Vegan restaurant in South Florida - Edit

I love this place. The owners, the chef, the staff are all fabulous, friendly and loving people. The food is amazing and the entire space feels welcoming and has a community atmosphere. Almost all the food is vegan, but there are one or two items that have honey in them. Ask. They have organic beers and wines, a small store of take home items, a bakery, and indoor and outdoor seating. This is a nice restaurant, so it is a little pricey, but well worth it. I've spent $25 per person here (including all food and drinks).

Pros: Food is delicious, Friendly and nice atmosphere, parking is free and abundant

Cons: no reservations for tables

Prayers Answered - Edit

Great plant based vegan food. Delicious, and flavorful. A rare find in Ft. Lauderdale, even better for me that it's in my neighborhood. As a Vegan I love this place.
Portions are small, but I think it's perfect. I don't need a huge plate of food to feel full, especially when it's plant based/vegan. Their baked goods are divine as well!
Prices are a little high, but I think it's well worth it. I don't eat there every day, so as a once in a while treat I'm happy with it.
Just happy to have a place where I can go out and have a nice meal. Not an easy thing to do when you're a vegan in Ft. Lauderdale.

Come support this new restaurant. It's a great place, good food, wonderful service, and we all benefit if they do well.

Pros: Food, Atmosphere, Location

Cons: Yuppie Patrons

Fun food and ambiance! - Edit

We stopped in at Green Bar and were pleasantly surprised by the flavorful eats, yummy deserts, clean welcoming environment,and very friendly staff. We will definitely plan a stop there every time we're in the area!

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, hip/trendy vibe

Cons: Small portions

A pleasant suprise! - Edit

Ate lunch at this newly-opened casual restaurant. The menu is sparse but it was difficult to choose because everything looked good. Ordered the spicy kale salad. The dressing was very flavorful and the portion was big (although my lunch-mates were left wanting bigger portions of the lasagne and a side to accompany the burger). The staff was super-friendly and came around multiple times to fill water and clear plates. It was fairly crowded but there is plenty of indoor and outdoor seating and the food was served quickly. Nice to have a vegan option so close to the airport!

Return to Fort Lauderdale Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Green Bar and Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 11370 times since Jan 2013.