Green & Vegan

+27-832935501

34 Clydebank Rd, Green Point, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa, 8005

Once a fortnight Patrick and Karen create a unique plant-based menu at their home in Greenpoint Village, Cape Town. Excludes drinks. Bring your own beer or wine - NO corkage fee. Book via website (Quicket). Email Karen at kfletch@mweb.co.za Open Sat 7:00pm-10:30pm.

Categories: Vegan, International, Organic

First Review by OdeliaCohen

Brilliant food and company - Edit

I had the pleasure of being able to experience this particular culinary adventure. Karen and Patrick create incredibly yummy vegan food (and you can always have seconds!). It was a small group of like-minded and interesting people that I spent my evening with!

Pros: Food was spectacular, Karen and Patrick are warm yet professional , They have a fantastic venue

Exceptional and delicious exprience - Edit

It was a special treat to enjoy this delicious, complex and intricately prepared vegan meal, made with love as well as many many fine ingredients. We found it through Happy Cow and were lucky to be in town when it took place. The company of 12 other people was also delightful, and the whole evening was an experience to remember. Don't miss it!

Pros: outstanding, creative vegan dishes, expertly prepared, and served with gourmet touches, the hosts are warm and interesting

Cons: none. maybe that it is held only every 2 weeks!

Amazing food and company - Edit

We had the most amazing night last night at Karen and Patrick's pop up vegan dinner. My husband and I are on honeymoon and we were looking for dinner options when we came across this event on Happy Cow and then searched it on Facebook. The pictures and reviews were awesome so we gave it a try and it most certainly did not disappoint. It was such a unique experience with such amazing food and company. We met locals and likeminded people the evening was completely relaxed and we were served a four course dinner with complimentary sparkling wine through their sponsors Stellar Organics. A must for Vegans in Cape Town!!!

The best in Cape Town by FAR! - Edit

Nothing could have prepared me for what I experienced this past Saturday in a very narrow and almost hidden street in Green Point.

I was browsing the usual Facebook vegan groups when I came across an advertisement for a “Vegan Pop Up Dining” event. Truth be told – I am awfully shy. What could be worse than rocking up at a stranger’s house, with a roomful of guests I don’t know, having to engage in conversation whilst pretending to have table manners! I decided to grow a pair and book a place – what could go wrong? Well…

I’ll tell you what went wrong in a moment. Let me talk you through the experience from the beginning.

The Facebook advertisement described the event as an “intimate dinner” at the home of Karen and Patrick with a menu that literally left me drooling. If the food was half as good as I had imagined, then I would leave one very happy vegan. Places are limited to between 8-10 guests (although they have apparently accommodated more in the past) and all one needed to do was buy a ticket via the Quicket ticketing system (for which they provided a link). So quick and easy! Once I paid for my place, the menu was emailed to me, along with the exact location, time, etc. as well as to bring your own wine. Karen’s quick and effective correspondence had me feeling like this was going to be a good evening.

Upon arrival, we were greeted by Arlene, Karen's daughter who handed us each a made-on-the-spot Pomegranate & Vodka Welcome Cocktail with Lime & Mint (with the choice of mocktail too for those who didn’t drink… like me!).

Karen and Patrick immediately made us all feel at home, sitting on their couches in their open-plan lounge/dining room/kitchen. This allowed us to keep the conversation flowing between all areas of the home whilst Karen, Patrick, and Arlene nipped in and out of the kitchen and also took a few moments out to engage with the five of us who were guests for the evening.

The starter was a super creamy Chilled Beetroot Soup with an insanely good raw vegan onion cracker bread that Patrick had made himself.

I started realizing after the millionth time of asking that EVERYTHING we were eating was made from scratch #superimpressed.

Every course was a 10/10 and not much more can be said without giving away how truly special and remarkable this evening was.

Do yourself a favour and treat yourself to a very special experience.

Excellent food, lovely company - Edit

Found this place on HappyCow. Went on their Facebook page and found out they were having an Indonesian Evening during my too short stay in Cape Town.
Lucky me!

Had a great evening with tasty vegan food and lively like-minded people.
Would definitely recommend to anyone in or going to Cape Town, vegan or not.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly and welcoming people, Good value

Cons: I don't live in Cape Town, they're too far away :)

KarenLouiseFletcher 03 Oct 2017 - Lovely meeting you Odelia.
Karen and Patrick.

Return to Western Cape Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Green & Vegan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.