Greedy Guts

Contact +33-231933852

15 Rue de Bras, Caen, France, 14000

Previously vegetarian, now vegan restaurant serving mostly house-made food. Menu items include a variety of vegetables, pancakes, pastries. Previously located at 5 Rue aux Fromages, Normandy, and re-opened summer 2013 in this bigger place. Open Tue 11:00am-5:00pm, Wed-Sat 11:00am-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, French

First Review by +++VeGaNiSaToR+++

good food but not exceptional - Edit

100% vegan
Musique variété internationale.
Ambiance sympathique, serveuses très gentilles. Plats un peu cantine, bons mais pas exceptionnels.
Chili et wrap Riz collé. 3/5
Dessert excellent: Tarte aux fraises et amandes. 4/5
Boule de dattes et noix de cajou, cru, correct. 3/5
Le plus Juste serait une note globale de 3.5/5 mais c'est impossible.

- V - V - V -

100%vegan
Pop music.
Nice vibes, kind waitress. "Cafeteria" style dishes, it's good but not exceptional.
Dish : Chilli and wrap, stuck rice. 3/5
Excellent dessert : Strawberry and almond pie. 4/5
Cashew nut and date bowl, raw, correct. 3/5
Fair global score would be 3.5/5 but it's impossible, so we give 3/5.

Pros: Excellent pie, kind waitress, Excellente tarte sucrée, serveuse très gentille

Cons: "cafeteria" food style, not fantastic food, Cuisine style cantine. Bon sans être excellent

A cool place - Edit

This little funny place is 100% vegan now, so that's a great news !
I went there around 1:00 - 1:30 pm the place was crowded and there was only one choice available : a houmous-dried tomato wrap, which was really good, served with salad.
The plate was consistent enough, but just for pleasure I had a dessert : a blueberry pie cheesecake like. It was good, the crust was made of raw almonds.
Around 2:00pm the place was less crowded and I had a pleasant time sipping my roiboos tea.
The staff was nice and the deco of the place quite off the wall !
I would surely come back there if I'm back to Caen.

Pros: Good food, Cool place

great food, nice atmosphere, helpful staff - Edit

Food lovely. Staff couldn't be more helpful.

Good vegan options for main course and cakes... And coffee with soya milk!... Which we have struggled to find for the last few days in Normandy

Highly recommended

Charming - Edit

La miss a bien eu raison d'ouvrir cette sympathique petite cantine cafète qui nous a ravis moi et compagnons de bouffe végés.
A l'époque, à Caen, j'étais crue et on m'a proposé des super plats crus, improvisés.
Voilà voilà.

Pros: Accueillant, Original, Arrangeant

They make Caen a 2.0 city ! - Edit

Everything is in the title. The family behind Dolly's, PNF or Greedy Guts are making this city a real 2.0 city. I often go to the Greedy Guts for lunch or an afternoon delight and everything is perfect for me. I can taste things that I would not have thought to cook myself. Everything look and taste delicious. The food as well as the beverages ! :)
The place is cosy and the team is lovely and always in super good mood. They are really involved in what they do and that's awesome.
I also changed the point of view of many meat-eater friends of mine that thought that veggie food as just made of grass and seeds.
Thank you for what you do ! :)

Pros: Delicious Food, Super Good Mood Staff, Very nice atmosphere

Cons: Often full due to the small size.

Pantagruélique ! - Edit

J'ai mangé chez Greedy guts le 24/01/2015, accompagnée de deux carnistes.
Le restaurant est plutôt petit mais la décoration est très sympa. Pensez à réserver !
Le choix se fait directement en cuisine une fois installé. Ce jour 4 plats dont 2 vegan (lasagnes et curry de légumes), et autant de desserts.
Les portions sont très copieuses, si bien que le dessert est vraiment pris par gourmandise! Mais impossible de résister au (no)cheesecake de cajoux, un régal!
Même mes accompagnant carnistes ont adoré.
Options sans gluten possibles

Pros: Nourriture très goûteuse et complète, Décoration recherchée, Accueil très sympatique

Cons: Portions trop grosses (gâchis)

Lovely place with amazing vegan desserts - Edit

I tried this place two times, one at their previous location (rue aux fromages) and one at their current location (rue de bras). In terms of places, the new one is really nice, with a small court and a funny decoration. The place seems small but can easily host 35 persons inside and 15 outside. The staff is really friendly.

In terms of food, I see a positive trend between the two places: more vegan options, more tasty desserts, always local and fresh products; I love this new version! They offers 3 or 4 dish of the day, with at least one vegan and one without gluten for 9 euros and they have a good choice of vegan desserts (every dessert is vegan in fact).

I took a green vegetable curry with rice and a vegan cheesecake with blackcurrant grout: excellent taste and generous portion. I also took a cupcake, a madeleine and a fruit cake to take away, all were yummy. They diminish the price by one euro for every dessert to take away, which is really nice.

Pros: excellent food (particularly desserts), mostly vegan, nice vibe, cute place, well located, friendly staff

Cons: not 100% vegan

Small but very nice - Edit

Hi - we ate here in June whilst on holiday in Normandy. There isn't much choice in Caen and this was well rated so we gave it a try. We enjoyed the food very much and the atmosphere was nice/people very pleasant. Our only criticism is that tables were not wiped. We were seated on one unwiped table and then a customer recommended we move to a place she was vacating, as we had our child with us - this we did. Neither tables were wiped during the whole time we were there, which we were a bit surprised about. Overall though we enjoyed the food and atmosphere.

Pros: Atmosphere, Food, Friendly

Cons: Unwiped tables, A bit squashed

You must go to this restaurant! - Edit

After struggling to find restaurants with vegan options in the Normandy Region we found Greedy Guts in Caen! It had two Vegan options, the others were vegetarian. The food was fresh and flavorful. There were four options for dessert, we had the awesome chocolate tart!

Delicious ! - Edit

I went there a few times and it was always very good and creative ! The staff is also very friendly. I believe they sell few vegan products now such as veganese. I really recommend it !

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Good value

Cons: A bit crowded

Best vegan food around - Edit

This is my favorite restaurant in Caen. Serves only lunch unfortunately no dinner. Best to book in advance because premises are quit small and a lot of people come from noon to 2:30pm. Fresh and mostly organic food and drinks. Recipes change every day so you can enjoy different courses and desserts throughout the week))
Updated from previous review on Monday May 12, 2014

Pros: very good desserts, nice atmosphere

Cons: no dinner

Food only for lunch, then just desserts after that - Edit

We arrived in mid-afternoon and were told that there was no more food for the day, just desserts.

They had a wide range of desserts, many of them vegan.

Seating space inside is limited, so don't plan to go there with a large group.

The desserts were really good, but we were hoping for an actual meal and didn't stay long.

Pros: Vegan desserts

Cons: Limited food options

Return to Caen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Greedy Guts closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3019 times since Jul 2013.