First Review by BritLange

LOVE. Total QC gem. - Edit

From the hot food options to browsing the great store selection, I love spending my lunch breaks here. I've had some of my favorite vegan meals EVER dished up over their kitchen counter. Highly recommend to anyone!

Pros: great food, happy people/staff, rewards program

Greatest Ingrates!!! - Edit

They try to sell you old mold from the deli that has been sitting there for sometimes 5-7 days,...(which they often try to pass off as made that day!!!) and then don't bother to thank you for your purchase!
Updated from previous review on Friday November 18, 2011
A juicer in the deli? Big deal! What good is that when the deli manager (Kelly) is too damn lazy and useless to clean the thing and thus serves up a carrot juice with an old apple sticker in it?! I very politely complained to both the deli manager and the store manager. Was met with apathy by the deli manager and cockiness and bulliness by the store manager (Clyde) and was abhorently rudely spoken to by him and later told I was not allowed to purchase drinks from the deli! A sh*tty way to treat someone who has been a $15,000-$20,000 customer since 1984! This is the sort of sh*t that happens when a place has no competition. Sadly I have taken my business to "big fish" Hy-Vee.

P.s.
Yes, one may notice an occasional plaque or trophy with Clyde's name in the Quad-Cities. But it seems some of his neighbors speak quite differently about him.
Facades disintegrate.
Truth remains.
The greatest ingrates
can be found at Greatest Grains!
(Although many of the cashiers, stockers, vitamin people, and some of the deli people, have been rather nice.)
Veg*ns rule!

Updated from previous review on Wednesday July 30, 2014

Wonderful spot - Edit

They have a juicer in the deli! They had a large juice option for about $6...not bad. The produce for the juice was apparently not all organic, but I'll take what I can get when traveling. They had an all raw section with the raw crackers, etc. A wonderful store for that area...lucky to find it.

Pros: fresh raw juice!

Greatest Grains, home away from home. - Edit

I've been going to GreatestGrains for a few years now, My first time was being 16, and driving away from home- Exploring new places. Greatest Grains has products for all of your healthcare needs, vitamins, makeup, ect. Tea that you can scoop- locally made products, and a wide variety of vegetarian and vegan food. They also carry organic meats. Not only are they a grocery store, but a diner! And a very cute one at that. With a whole bunch of plants, wood floors, great lighting, and positive energy, it's too easy to feel at home. I've taken a nap on thier couches a few times too. They have a chalkboard that's edited once a week with new 'funfacts'. I went in for my interview a few months ago (didn't get the job unfortunately), but noticed that during the day they are filled with business people having meetings, Kind of unusual, but very awesome!

It was wonderful, still wonderful going there- The healthfood market it picking up in popularity and it's great to see. I've been driving the 45 minuites to and from Davenport just for GreatestGrains most times, and it's worth it every time. One of thier best homemade offerings is HUMMUS, I won't buy it anywhere else, no one can compare.

I've never had a negative experiance at GG, and I don't have any complaints, everyone is very positive and the environment itself is entirely uplifting. Check it out sometime!

Pros: The best hummus know to man., friendly staff, , positive environment, very welcoming.

Return to Davenport Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Greatest Grains closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1473 times since Aug 2007.