First Review by queen_ajax

Food Typical - Edit

The food was good but that is how most Indian buffet food is. Went there for lunch buffet.,Not much variety among vegetarian options- there for 3 entries and zucchini fritters (deep fried pieces of zucchini). 2 veg options were heavy on slightly undercooked potatoes: aloo gobi, another potato and pea dish. Third dish was mushrooms with tomato based spice gravy. Very disappointed no dal or channa dishes. Naan was burnt but that may not be atypical since most places I have been that has happened.
Server barely acknowledged us, although we were only people there at the time. Charged $3 for two year to eat a small dish of rice and aloo gobi. Not cool. Husband said we will not be going back and I agree.
Try ordering take out if your craving for Indian food is intense.
Buffet price is 9.99 per adult and $3 for 2 year olds.

Pros: Food good, Restaurant clean, Buffet price reasonable for adults

Cons: Staff unfriendly , Buffet need variety of veg dishes, Charged for 2 year old at buffet

A little gem - Edit

Don't let the generic name or the strip mall design fool you; this is actually a very good Indian restaurant. It has your standard Indian fare, and of course many veggie and vegan options. I went there for the lunch buffet once and was pleasantly surprised to find three vegetarian entrees available. Kind of small, with a pretty subdued atmosphere and sparse decoration, but that doesn't detract from the food at all. It's also been there for at least 6 years, which I think speaks to its consistency and quality.

Return to Tacoma Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Great Cuisine of India closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 977 times since May 2008.