Great Bistro

n/a

Bank utca 6, Budapest, Hungary,

Little vegan bistro providing breakfast and changing lunch menu. Offers fruit juices, sugar-free lemonade, coffee with rice or soya milk, smoothies. See its facebook for menu. Has Wi-Fi. Est. 2016. Open Mon-Tue 7:00am-6:00pm, Wed-Fri 7:00am-10:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, European

First Review by Ati

friendly service, good food! - Edit

We came here at 8am before our flight. Got the pancakes and vegan omlette for breakfast - was pretty good. We also asked for sandwiches for take away for our flight and because we were in a rush she made sure everything got prepared quickly. Great service and very friendly (and cheap ) would definitely come back again

Pros: sandwiches and breakfast are good

awesome!! - Edit

I am so happy I found great bistro!! They offer great food and they are all vegan. We have been there for breakfast and tried the omelette and vegan pancakes. It was so good and the waitress was super friendly. They offer lunch and dinner too.

nice place but not everything is bio! - Edit

The place is very nice BUT and its a big BUT....
They use normal rice and not bio as they claim on the sign outside which is mostly contaminated with poisoness gmo rice sometimes with knowing and sometimes by mistake in the big gmo countries.
also the peanutbutter probably seem to be not bio but normal crappy chinese gmo poison peanuts.
And soy can be whichever contaminated soy tofu.

If they would sincerely(not just saying outside but then use normal inside) start to think abt this then it would get 5 stars. right now it get 3,5 bec the staff is very nice and the place is nice.

Updated from previous review on 2017-04-07

Pros: nice plae, nice staff

Cons: gmo contaminated or and poison rice , poison peanut butter

GretaStohr 25 Apr 2017 - Hi! They have never used normal rice, just organic brown rice and AAA premium jasmine rice.
Peanut butter is also the best quality without palm oil.
They1re using tofu and tempeh which is guaranted organic and non GMO proof.
Before you right some untrue staff please be sure it is proven. Thanks!

Tasty food and friendly service - Edit

We visited here for breakfast one morning and had a delicious coffee with soy milk and the chickpea omelette with tofu bacon and salad. It was delicious and the service was super friendly. We could not have asked for more. We would have visited again but they do not open on weekends which is a shame. Definitely worth a visit.

totally hit the spot! - Edit

Great Bistro

I went here for lunch and definitely want to come back! It's not entirely clear how pricing works at first, but they will explain it! Basically they have a few different things for he day and you can choose a soup, Main or Main and dessert for a good price. I got a kale coconut soup (was loaded with kale), then a half portion of rice and half portion of mashed sweet potato (since I couldn't decide between he two of them) with broccoli ball/patty things. Then I got this dessert - it was absolutely delicious - ALL the desserts looked amazing but I had to choose...and got this strawberry chocolate one- it was totally worth it. I was completely full! The staff was super friendly, helpful and spoke English well - and it's a nice atmosphere- great if you need to quickly get in and out but also ok if you want to hang out a bit. I wish they were open for dinner and would love to try hem for breakfast except it's included in my hotel...worth the visit :) oh, and totally affordable! Soup, Main and dessert for less than $15CAD - and I was totally stuffed. Could have eaten much less!

Pros: fresh, healthy food, friendly staff that speaks English

GreatBistro 24 Mar 2017 - Thank you so much! We re open for dinner now, check out our updated opening hours :)

Very nice place - Edit

This became our go-to breakfast place. The athmosphere is very cozy, and the food is good. One think that they can work on is how the food is represented, the creative part of it! Doesnt matter too much for me though ?

GreatBistro 24 Mar 2017 - Thank you very much! You should check out our evening a'la carte menu, I'm sure you'll like the plating! Lunch time is busy and we don't want anybody to stay hungry so yes, it might not be the more sophisticatedly presented meal, but hope the taste makes up for it! Thank you for the feedback tho! Would love to see you again soon x

lovely little place - Edit

took a little while to find it, but was definitely worth the walking. There was a lunch menu, all great things. We had fritters, garlic mash and a white sauce - was fantastic. They have cake too!
Think we'll definity be visiting again whilst we are here

Pros: Yummy vegan food

GreatBistro 24 Mar 2017 - Thank you very much Jess :)

Amazing place - Edit

This place quickly became our new favorite vegan restaurant in Budapest. Nice environment, very friendly English speaking staff and tasty food. We're definitely coming back next time we're in Budapest.

Pros: tasty food, yummy desserts, cozy

GreatBistro 24 Mar 2017 - Thank you so much green smoothie! What a great user name :P

Must Go! - Edit

This vegan place is great. I've gone there for breakfast and gotten their pancakes with peanut butter and jam and delicious vegan omelette! They have outstanding raw desserts/cakes in the afternoon. The staff is super friendly and speaks English well. The restaurant is meticulously decorated, looks like it should be in a magazine!

Pros: fair prices, pleasant environment, great food

GreatBistro 24 Mar 2017 - Thank you americanvegan! We're really glad you liked our food! Hope to see you again!

Vegan in the Heart of Budapest - Edit

This is a little owner operated restaurant.
Greta and her husband are serving customers and you can feel she just loves serving you.
She has TV appearances already and really creative mixing different flavors.
It is easily reached by Metro Line 3, as a 2 minute walk from Arany János station. Also 5 minutes walk from the Basilica or the Parliament.
Daily menus are changed daily so do not get bored.
The place is like a boutique hotel with a Special taste of design.
You will enjoy the friendly atmosphere and the taste, while staying close to Budapest attractions.
The only Specificaly vegan breakfast place in Town.
Enjoy

GreatBistro 03 Aug 2016 - Thank you so much Ati for the kind words :)

Vegan bistro close to Basilica - Edit

Great Bistro is a vegan buffet style restaurant a few minute walk from Basilica. They have breakfast options and multiple lunch menus, including juices, smoothies, soups, main dishes and desserts. Their food is interesting and tastes great. The place is pretty expensive though compared to other nearby options. The space has a modern, cozy atmosphere with friendly staff. The place welcomes dogs too.

Pros: dog friendly, great food, friendly staff

Cons: expensive

GreatBistro 24 Mar 2017 - Thank you nyuhuhuu for the feedback! Have a great day!

Good Food - Edit

I've been at this place a few times and the menu is always changing.
The staff is super friendly and the food is not so pricey.

One thing is that more often than not the food is gonna be pretty salty; but that's how hungarians cook.

Their caesar salad is really good!

Pros: they vegan cheese, ever changing menu, friendly staff

Cons: too salty sometimes

GreatBistro 24 Mar 2017 - Thank you imendes! Thank you very much for your feedback! Have a great day! :)

Delicious - Edit

I found the place no problem, and walked right in to the cutest little two-level cafe style eatery. They have daily specials and what I had was soooo good. I think they were linseed fritters with tartar sauce and vegetable rice, and I was in heaven. Nice people, cute atmosphere, definitely will be retuning before I leave Budapest.

Pros: English speaking staff

Cons: Main menu all in Hungarian

GreatBistro 19 Oct 2016 - Dear Mirfin2016! Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience

??? - Edit

The best vegan food eveeeeeer!!!!!

GreatBistro 11 Oct 2016 - Haha Thank you mezeirozi

Wonderful! - Edit

This really is a great bistro. I came here for breakfast and I loved everything - toasted grilled veggie sandwich and caramel pear raw cake. The coffee was great too!

Pros: Delicious , Friendly staff

Cons: Nothing!

GreatBistro 29 Aug 2016 - Thank you so much Bunyip

Charming bistro with delicous breakfast - Edit

I had breakfast two times at Great Bistro during my stay in Budapest and it was really delicous. It is really a cozy place with well chosen interior und very nice staff.

Pros: Delicous food, Cozy atmosphere, Friendly staff

GreatBistro 16 Aug 2016 - Thank you so much

Great Bistro. Great people. Great food - Edit

Perfection. Had breakfast every morning during our vacation in Budapest. Everything is very tasty and fresh. Staff is great. Great shakes, Great sandwiches, Great omelet. Great vegan bacon they make on their own. Excellent coffee.

Pros: Very very tasty, Great design and location, Friendly staff.

Cons: none

GreatBistro 16 Aug 2016 - Thank you so much Alaufer :) Hopefully see you again one day :)

nice food, weird system - Edit

The food is good but the hungarian "self service" style is a little bit strange for brazilian people. Its confusing and you just cant take what you want and how much you want. Cultural differences aside, it was good.

GreatBistro 16 Aug 2016 - Hi Julia! Sorry if you didn't like the system! We are a bistro where we try and combine good quality and great tasting food with moderate prices and a nice cozy atmosphere. We're very glad you liked the food so hopefully that's what you'll remember on the long run :) Have a beautiful day and thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Return to Budapest Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Great Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.