International
Beer/Wine
Take-out
Fusion

100% plant based store and cafe selling deli items such as vegan meats and cheeses. Confirmed open May 2020. Open Tue-Fri 11:00am-9:00pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-9:00pm. Tue by appt only.

First Review by megasaurus13

CWalshie

Points +48

25 Jan 2024

Friendly folk and delicious goods

Had the best vegan burger of my life here (other than ones cooked at home). Super friendly staff who made us feel at home and were knowledgeable and kind. Loads of boutique vegan products from fake meats and cheeses to jerky and chocolates. Highly recommended!

Pros: Friendly staff, Great food, Vegan products

JasonPawson

Points +90

22 Jan 2024

Best spot in Christchurch.

What’s not too love? Food is always amazing and rotating specials make each visit great. Staff are always awesome. My fav spot. #Veganuary

Pros: Completely vegan.

CourtneayWhitt

Points +71

Vegetarian
20 Jan 2024

Delish!

A fabulous place to eat out. Lots of good options and specials so you will never get bored.

Dance4Plants

Points +282

15 Jan 2024

Best in Ōtautahi

Grater goods is always putting out creative and delicious food in Christchurch. When I lived in the city I couldn't help but visit almost once a week! Order anything, you can't go wrong. The staff are always friendly and accommodating too.

RachelLouiseNZ

Points +17

Mostly Veg
13 Jan 2024

Must visit!

We ordered the polenta fries, the Reuben and the Fricken burger. All were delicious! We were super impressed by the cheese in the Reuben. The cafe itself had a great vibe and was nice and cool on a hot day. It was my partners first time at a vegan Cafe and he loved it!

SophieNZ

Points +277

28 Dec 2023

A must visit in Christchurch

Tasty food and reasonable prices. They change the menu quite often so it never gets boring. We also like the selection of vegan beers and wines. The atmosphere is great, too.

Pros: Ever changing menu, Something for everyone, Well-priced

elem

Points +227

24 Dec 2023

Really good and nice atmosphere

The food was delicious! Be it the salad the burger or the dessert! Would recommend everything !

EliseBlack

Points +283

30 Nov 2023

Best vegan place in NZ

Such good food, really lovely and passionate staff, highly recommend

Pros: Creme brulee!!

Angéline8888

Points +894

05 Nov 2023

Really good food

Really yummy food there 😋

The bruschetta for appetizer were amazing, the main meals were so well balanced with their flavor, we loved it!!!

It's also the first time I saw a vegan affogato so I have it a try and I enjoyed it

They sell their own products that you can taste in your meals. It's a good concept!

marissandtim

Points +1582

08 Oct 2023

Amazing place

The restaurant is located just a few blocks outside the city center of Christchurch. The place has a really cool vibe with quite an unique industrial interior. Inside they have a dining area as well as a little corner in which they sell different vegan goodies including their selfmade vegan meat alternatives and cheeses as well as antipasti and pesto (huge recommendation). Our absolute favorite was their antipasti plate. It is bit on the more expensive side, but the taste was incredible. Definitely one of the best vegan options we had in all of New Zealand!

Pros: Completely vegan, Great service

Cons: A bit expensive

Wuji_Luiji

Points +2512

06 Sep 2023

Vegan Industrial Charm

I was relieved to find Grater Goods was in fact there as I wandered through the industrial area and wondered if my navigation was off. On arrival the former glass workshop had been transformed into a welcoming space. Helpful staff offered me a table and I was soon eating a tasty Parma burger (specials menu) and fries. Both were tasty, but unfortunately I had no room for the crème brûlée that I really wanted to try! I would like to come back and eat here again. Lots of the menu included mock meat, and I would like it if there were a greater selection of non mock meat options.

Stepho

Points +108

16 Aug 2023

Great burgers

Loaded fries were enormous! I was after the stew but it was NA so we had burgers, which were tasty and a soup side.

Pros: Loaded fries, Portion size was large, Friendly service

Cons: Main dishes limited, Most options available tonight were burgers

SagaVigreBohinen

Points +946

16 Aug 2023

Great place😄

Overall a great place and I love their products even more than the cafe. The place is a bit big and it was cold when we came last month. Prices are pretty expensive for what you get. For example, my partner ordered the special burger and it came empty on a plate. Could’ve added a few salad leaves or potatoes to make it a bit more worthwhile for the price.
I didn’t love the sandwich. It felt greasy and a bit too heavy. I wish the food was a bit more refined and $7.50 for a croissant or pain au chocolate is just ridiculous!
Amazing chai though!

Pros: Chai was great , Love their products , Fully vegan

Cons: Expensive , Huge warehouse but few tables & chairs

miisms

Points +99

05 Jul 2023

Always amazing!

One of my absolute favourite spots to take people in Christchurch. HEAPS of vegan options and always a super satisfying meal. Would highly recommend the KFT burger (my fav) and whatever loaded fries they have for the day (changes regularly).

Pros: Cheap, Great atmosphere , Fun wee store with vegan products

Rakadactyl

Points +39

17 May 2023

Spoiled for choice

Nice ambience in this eatery. Fantastic selection of stuff with changing specials. Service could have been a little more attentive.

Updated from previous review on 2023-05-17

eatyourveges

Points +151

Herbivore
12 May 2023

Fast food flavours

Groovy Cafe with a sharp menu design. The meals we ordered were fresh, tasty, and recognisably based on famous fast food flavours. Loved the idea and enjoyed the food enough that we'll return when back in the Garden City.

Pros: All vegan , Plenty of choice, Buzzy Cafe feel

Cons: Expensive , Had to chase the staff to order drinks, Then had to chase the staff to order our meals

Vix333

Points +768

30 Apr 2023

Fried tofu burger is divine!

Loved this place. Great hipster vibe, all vegan and the fried tofu burger was incredible!! They also have a little shop with vegan items to take home. Really great service too!

Pros: Great food, All vegan , Cool vibe

ryder.timothy

Points +23

Mostly Veg
19 Apr 2023

Nice place to go

Pretty nice food. Service was OK but could have been better.

Pros: Lots of vegan options , Nice food

Cogginsnuff

Points +56

18 Apr 2023

Incredible food

unbelievably good food and well prices to match 🤷🏼‍♀️

Updated from previous review on 2023-04-18

jpeterg

Points +19

Vegetarian
10 Apr 2023

Superb vegan restaurant

The food and wine were both unusual and excellent. Many of the recipes were published in their cookbook. The waitress was very helpful, super nice and full of good energy. The ambiance is unusual, post industrial and pleasing. We highly recommend it

TimiVincze

Points +385

06 Apr 2023

Amazing

Very nice waitresses and amazing food and deli.

Cons: The pasta du jour was quite small portion

RebeccaGaines

Points +293

25 Mar 2023

Amazing restaurant with deli and shop

Loved our dinner in Grater Goods last night. The place had a great atmosphere with the restaurant side, a bar, an upstairs lounge and also a deli / shop. The food was seriously delicious, thoroughly enjoyed the Escarfaux in particular as the garlic butter mushroom mix was to die for. The staff were all really lovely and attentive as well. Highly recommend visiting!

Pros: Varied menu, Great atmosphere, Lots to buy from deli / shop

Cons: You’ll want to buy everything!

vegansoul88

Points +646

21 Mar 2023

Excellent service & food

I cannot rave enough about it but if I'd live in CH I'd definitely would be one of their regulars. Both waitresses delivered an superb service - attentative and kind. And the food was just as amazing. Fantastic flavours, innovative and creative. They also produce vegan meat and cheese alternatives that you can buy there as well as in NZ's supermarkets.

Pros: Great choice of dishes, Amazing flavours, Great service

PaulHolroyd

Points +482

14 Mar 2023

Nice plant-based deli

Had the bruschetta 2 way and some fries. All very nice.

rpoulova

Points +1539

01 Mar 2023

Great staff, food average

Nice place with a vibe and really friendly service, groceries looked fab. My tofish and chips was a bit of a disappointment, the chips were definitely not thick cut as the menu promised, they were really thin julienne fries. Tofu pretty average. I still wanna try more of their items though.

Pros: Nice staff, Sells their own deli products

LeisatheAwesome

Points +74

05 Feb 2023

Can't get better than this

Amazing place, amazing food, lovely service and a shop for some takeaway food. 😋 it's great!

Pros: 100% vegan, Lots of different choices

Kiwigirllovesherveg

Points +36

29 Dec 2022

Dedicated vegan deli and cafe

Lovely relaxed cafe with quick service and yummy food. Had the loaded fries and bruschetta plus coffees. Next time I’m in chch I’ll be back.

Pros: Great deli selections , Awesome menu

Cons: Limited plant based milk options , Low on baked goods