First Review by Mimi Routh

Very vegan friendly Grass Roots - Edit

Grass Roots Natural Foods is small, well stocked grocer offering all organic produce section, good selection of vegan "brands" (Field Roast, including their new cheeses; Earth Balance, Tofurky, Follow Your Heart, Beanitos, So Delicious Dairy-free, Luna & Larry's Coconut Bliss, to names a few). Locally baked goods, some vegan, supplements, cosmetics & personal care products, books. Very friendly, knowledgeable staff. Convenient location. Though the more mainstream grocers in the south Lake Tahoe area do offer organic produce & some vegan brands, Grass Roots definitely worth visiting while in the area.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday May 20, 2015

Pros: Organic produce, Vegan brands, Convenient location & hours

Cons: Pricey produce, Small, Not 100% vegan

Home away from home - Edit

They had everything I needed and more. organic zucchinis were no where to be found around town let alone organic but they had them. My 5year old loves Zoodles so we wanted them while on vacation. we also found delicious organic hot chocolate mix and organic Oreos, lol. My kid had a blast getting her strawberries, kiwis, avocados, kale and mangos and using the orange juice maker. The only place to get all your awesome healthy goods. my kid loved the organic Tempeh smoked bacon strips and Teriyaki tofu. As vegans it was a blessing.
Updated from previous review on Sunday August 16, 2015

Good store - Edit

So glad to have this store while we visited Lake Tahoe.. they have a good little produce section, and a good selection of everything really. They even have stuff that can be a bit harder to find like Daiya cheese and Field Roast grain meat.

Small But Mighty! - Edit

I visited this health food store last week. I looked all around, talked with the people, and was favorably impressed. I would point out that the town has four excellent supermarkets which themselves have organic produce and healthfood products. Two of these are Raley's, and I personally love Raley's. Anyone coming to live in this town year round as I hope to do would have no difficulty finding what they need. The staff here are knowledgeable about supplements, herbs, etc. They have been in business for many years. They would probably try to get any rarified product not already in stock. I browsed their book shelf and bought two books.

Pros: Friendly, Comprehensive

Return to South Lake Tahoe Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Grass Roots Natural Foods closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2720 times since Aug 2007.