Grand Rapids Brewing Company

• ( 5 reviews )

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has vegan beers and food options like kale chips, cauliflower steak sandwich, roasted local root crop hash, and buffalo cauliflower. NOTE: Jun 2018 reported limited vegan options - please send updates. Open Mon-Thu 3:00pm-12:00am, Fri 3:00pm-2:00am, Sat 11:00am-2:00am, Sun 11:00am-12:00am.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, American, Organic, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by veggiesim

MorganAedanTazi

Points +30

18 Jun 2018

Disappointing

In town for business my colleagues and I walked to Grand Rapids Brewing company a few blocks from our hotel because it’s open on Sundays (not much is in GR?) and there were veg options for me. Well... most of what’s listed on the Happy Cow description simply doesn’t exist. There is no cauliflower steak sandwich, no root veg hash, the buffalo cauliflower isn’t vegan, there’s one vegan sandwich and the veggie burger isn’t vegan. I got the vegan mushroom wrap and it was disappointing. Too salty with none of the rich mushroom flavor one would expect. Extremely greasy as if it was a patty of mushrooms that had been deep fried. Very little flavor to the sauces and the wrap was distractingly bland. The drinks were good! The service was good. But the food was just so disappointing I had to say something. I only ate like a fourth of the wrap and had to stop. Walking home I felt like I had eaten a greasy brick. :(

Cons: Not many veg friendly options, Food was primarily fried, Food was bland and poorly seasoned

StormieLantis

Points +34

09 Mar 2018

descent options, very accommodating

No it's not vegan, or vegetarian, but this is Michigan, not exactly a veg-friendly state and all things considered I enjoyed my meal. They have some buffalo cauliflower and they have a veg patty for all of their burgers, I didn't look beyond that so maybe there's more. I told the waitress I was vegan and she made sure that my bread wasn't buttered and even made sure it was grilled separate from the meat. They were super nice

JessaK

Points +38

02 Dec 2017

Vegan Mushroom Wrap!

They don’t have a lot of vegan options, but the vegan mushroom wrap was very good and worth going back to enjoy again!

Melissalovesfood

Points +100

31 Mar 2016

can't recommend

Service was friendly but there wasn't much to choose from. I had to get 2 appetizers: kale popcorn and buffalo cauliflower wings. Both were really good but not a satisfying meal.

veggiesim

Points +75

07 Jan 2013

Could have been worse, but should have been better

When I first visited their website I could have sworn they had a vegan menu or at least marked things vegan. So spur of the moment we decided to go. I asked if there was a vegan menu...no. Okay I asked my server if she could tell me what was vegan or if she could ask the kitchen what was vegan. She wasn't sure because she didn't "do that vegan thing". YEP

Turns out the cauliflower sandwich cannot be made vegan, the bread is not. But for 4 dollars I can have 4 SLICES of deep fried pickles. The hash, kale popcorn and cauliflower appetizer are all vegan.

If you want a beer and an expensive appetizer you are fine, if you want a meal you are out of luck.

Pros: Good IPA, Neat building

Cons: Bad Parking, Bad Staff, Poor selection

Return to Grand Rapids Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Grand Rapids Brewing Company closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.