Grand Café Industrie

Martelarenplein 7 (at Leuven Station), Leuven, Belgium, 3000

Serves meat, vegan options available. Menu offers clearly marked vegetarian and vegan options. The vegan options include two pastas which you can add faux meat to, vegan cheese croquettes, a burger with fries, a salad, a wrap and ice cream. Open Mon-Sat 10:00am-9:30pm, Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, European, Belgian, Non-veg

First Review by TrudiBruges

Underwhelming - Edit

I had just missed my train and was happy to discover there was a place with vegan options so close to the station where I could get a bite while waiting for the next train. I was disappointed to discover that the vegan cheese croquettes from Shavt were no longer available (and won't be coming back). I went for the vegan burger instead, but it was sadly dry and overcooked. (I literally couldn't cut through part of it.) It was accompanied by an undressed salad and pale fries.

The service was friendly and fast, so I might go back to try one of the vegan pasta dishes if I miss my train at dinner time again. It's nice to have vegan options at an omni restaurant. I just wish chefs would pay a little more attention to making these options nice instead of an afterthought.

Pros: Close to station , Fast and friendly service

Cons: Food underwhelming , A bit overpriced (16 euro for a sad burger)

Casual dinner - Edit

We were here last year, just before the place closed for renovation works and reopened a couple of weeks later, with the new name.
There were some vegan options indicated on the menu, and the waiter had a good idea of what vegan meant.
We had vegan cheeze croquettes and a wrap (which was a bit dull).
Culinairy not so exciting, but fresh, and – certainly the wrap – a huge portion.
All in all, good value for money.

Review of that visit is here on my blog:

Pros: vegan options clearly indicated, knowledgeable about what vegan means , all in all cheap

Cons: culinairy bit underwhelming

Return to Leuven Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Grand Café Industrie closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.