Granby Village Health

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 860-844-8608

10 Hartford Ave, Granby, Connecticut, USA, 06035

Health store with an organic juice bar offering fresh juices and wheatgrass shots. The juice bar operates til 2 hours before closing. Stocks fresh local and organic produce, books, supplements, gluten free foods. Mon-Fri 9:00am-8:00pm, Sat 9:00am-6:00pm, Sun 10:00am-6:00pm

First Review by FIYHF

Favorite place ever! - Edit

I currently live in San Diego where it is extensively more health-friendly than Connecticut... Yet this place is still my favorite health food store of all time! Not only is the staff friendly, but very knowledgeable as well. They have a completely vegan cafe and juice bar and they sell food not only for vegans, but for those who cannot have gluten and for raw foodists as well. I love the seaweed snacks and I can never leave without a juice or smoothie. Miss this place and I know I will visit every day whenever I am back in CT visiting friends and family!

Pros: AMAZING veg cafe, Tons of options, Friendly staff

Cons: sells some meat (organic/free range)

I wish I lived next door to this place! - Edit

I come from about 20 minutes away in Southwick AT LEAST once a week to go here. I am addicted to the coconut tropical smoothie and the greens and grains lunch. My little boy (3) loves the burritos and my older daughter (13) can't get enough coco monkey and essential oil perfumes from there. I am grateful to have a place I can get all natural deodorant (crystal rock!! works great!) shampoo and conditioner and skin care for my teenage daughter. Parenting is scary enough without covering her in chemicals. The supplements are fair prices and I have never been steered wrong by the staff. They are over the top nice and chase my three year old around playing with him. You can tell they love kids.

Pros: Great Food, Huge selection, Super friendly staff

Cons: wish they had beer supplies still!

Best health food store and cafe in MA and CT! - Edit

So happy I stumbled across this place! I was driving through granby and decided to stop at starbucks and instead found an amazing organic juice bar and café at Granby Village Health. I ate a "not dog", vegan hot dog with the works, it was literally the best lunch I've ever had at a restaurant. I found my favorite kale chips and raw protein powder as well as a box of the best chocolate ever. The staff was so so nice and thanked me multiple times for coming in, the guy there even carried out my bag! I will make this a weekly trip from here on out. Yay!

Pros: Awesome Staff, Many Vegan Choices, Great choices for my non0vegan husband!

Cons: wish it were closer :)

Charming - Edit

This Health Food Store has a very friendly owner and employees who will most likely remember your name if you go in there more than once and chat for a bit. There is a nice all organic juice bar in the back, and you can join the "Juicy Club" Where you get a free juice after 12 paid. The cups are made of Corn and are compostable! You can also get a card the you get punched for every 10 spent in the store for a 25 dollar gift card after spending 250, which is nice of them! They have a nice variety of bulk grains, nuts, and seeds, a small but good selection of organic produce (covers what I consider the basics), a frozen section, grocery items as well as health and beauty and cleaning supplies. Some items are very expensive and some are very reasonable, depends on what you are looking for. Produce is a reasonable section indeed, as well as the juice bar, and some refridgerated items. Basically, this is a nice health food store with a friendly atmosphere and plenty to choose from yet small enough to be cozy. Check it out if you are in town!

Pros: friendlyandwerelisteningtobjorkonce, organic juice bar with corn cups, organic produce

Cons: some items very expensive, carry non-vegetarian items

Return to Granby Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Granby Village Health closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1130 times since Jun 2008.