Gran Familia

34-922753842

Av Antonio Dominguez, Residencial El Camison, Locales 41-42, Playa de las Americas, Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Asian restaurant with an explicit vegetarian part of the menu with most of not all dishes are vegan; ask the staff to be sure. Offers both tofu and faux meat dishes. Family atmosphere.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by koenxkoen

Great Vegan choice - Edit

We were welcomed warmly by lovely Su the manager​. She explained that every dish is freshly made on the premises and she fully understood the vegan diet.
We enjoyed a 3 course meal, a bottle of house wine and tea for 46 euros (2 people)
We enjoyed every mouthful and would happily return .

great service and food - Edit

The most fresh vegitables we found on this island! Tasted wonderful! I strongly recommend the tofu soup. Their seitan meat dishes was also great. And I had a hot tofu stir fry dish which was tasty. Big meals. Good prices!

Service: they did EVERYTHING to entertain our one year old. Coming with toys and so on.

Pros: great service! , fresh food

Cons: opens a bit late

Misleading prices, food is ok - Edit

I went there for lunch and had a fairly priced lunch menu for 9 quid. The food was ok but too greasy for my taste. It was quite dissapointing to find out that the drinks, which appeared on the menu, were not included, and that VAT wasn't included either. I think it would be fairer to clearly state how much you will pay and to not include drink options on the menu (along with the plates to choose from) if they aren't included.

Pros: Outdoor seating, Staff

Cons: Misleading prices, Food to greasy

super friendly, supergood food - Edit

We went here yesterday after we found it on happy cow :-) the hostess is a very friendly lady who knows what veganism means, why people are vegan and so on. We had tofu skewers in satay sauce (very rich of flavor) their home made vegan meat in green tea sauce, noodles, chinese vegetables saute. Everything was very tasty and portions were large. It was a nice experience

Return to Tenerife Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Gran Familia closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.