Grain River Asian Bistro

12985 N Oracle Rd Ste 125, Oro Valley, Arizona, USA, 85739

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has vegetarian menu with dishes that can be made vegan. Protein sources include tofu, faux meat or extra veggies. In addition to Korean, serves Chinese, Thai, Japanese cuisines.

Categories: Ovo, Chinese, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Asian, Korean, Non-veg

First Review by TucsonVeganGal

Good! - Edit

Four of us (two vegans, two meat eaters) got takeout from this restaurant.

They have a fairly good assortment of vegetarian / vegan options. I got the broccoli with tofu which was perfect. Two of our group felt like their meals were not as spicy as they should have been - although for me that would have been a plus since I don't like spicy food.

I'd definitely eat here again!

Pros: Good options, Food isn't too spicy, Good sized portions

Cons: Food may not be spicy enough for some people

We love this place! - Edit

Super yummy food and the owner is awesome. We have lots of food allergies and preferences and she always takes care of us. Any of the dishes can be made vegan with letting them know your preferences. We ask for gluten free, vegan, no mushrooms, etc and they always accommodate us. We get food from here twice a month and it's always delicious.

Pros: friendly service, family owned, delicious food, good with food preferences

Vegan Items Not Marked - Edit

There is a vegetarian menu for this restaurant but the bento box combo lunch special includes egg rolls and dumplings that are not vegan friendly so you must pay for items you do not eat. There are no vegan items marked. There is tofu and a wheat meat option but that does not make the meal inherently vegan. You must communicate with the staff to determine what can and cannot be eaten. Brown rice is an extra price. I will not be back. The food just wasn't good.

Pros: Decent portion size

Cons: Vegan items not marked, Cannot order without staff assistance, Food bland and tastes the same

Return to Oro Valley Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Grain River Asian Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.