Grain Lab

Contact 818-841-8839

1737 N Victory Pl, Burbank, California, USA, 91502

Serves meat, vegan options available. Deli and kitchen making Southern California fare with emphasis on grains and fresh produce. Several veg items including a quinoa burger, a tofu bowl, 2 sandwiches, and salads. Order at the counter. Mon-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Sonja and Dirk

Decent Lunch - Edit

Friendly staff, totally understanding to vegan questions and concerns. We got the marinated tofu w/ brown rice and the quinoi burger with an extra side of fries (a TON of fries!). Those options are vegan and the fries aren't fried in the same oil as the meats (apparently none of the meat is fried). It was really good and a nice option for a fast lunch.

Pros: have vegan options

Cons: menu not entirely vegan/vegetarian

NOT SURE WHY THE NAME "GRAIN LAB"? - Edit

"The Grain Lab." From the name: So not clear what they are and what they serve... Is it an O-So-Trendy Microbrewery or a Vegetarian Quinoa Palace? And that is so L.A. You're supposed to be SO into them and SO hip and SO in the know that no explanation is necessary. Walk in the door and still no... Well, apparently they serve food. Definitely not vegetarian, although there are a couple vegetarian options if you look really hard and they do serve quinoa (which I have not tried yet). I ordered "Seared Salmon" and when it arrived in a bowl I finally figured out that everything here is served in a bowl. Thanks for that up-front information. Ordered the brown rice and, well, although it didn't taste bad, it still looked like brown-dyed white fried rice (minus the egg)... Um, healthy? Quite frankly, I expected a little more from a place called "The Grain Lab." Gourmet 88 (Chinese food) has the best brown rice in Burbank in my opinion - this is nutty, chewy, husk-still-on kind of brown rice - and that is what I expected from a place called "The Grain Lab." That said, I thought the fresh-squeezed juices were excellent (Tropical Ginger and ABC) and slightly below market price for this area at $5 a pop.

Pros: Fresh-squeezed juices moderately priced. Quinoa av

Cons: Slim pickins on the veg options, cheap "brown" ric

quick bite - Edit

While shopping in the Empire Center, we wanted to grab a quick bite for lunch. We stumbled upon Grain Lab and thought we'd take a look at the menu. There were several vegetarian options with many appearing vegan as well. We asked a few questions and ended up ordering the kale quinoa salad and the tofu veggie wrap which was also served with a side salad. Everything was fresh and tasty and the wrap was served warm. The service was quick and friendly. Their coffee is also very good. We would definitely return the next time we are in the area.

Pros: quick service, fresh and tasty

Cons: serves meat and dairy

Return to Burbank Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Grain Lab closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1314 times since Jan 2014.