Grain and Berry

• Other Other
727-771-7794

33840 US Highway 19 N, Palm Harbor, Florida, USA, 34684

Acai, pitaya, kale & fruit bowls, coffee. Open Mon-Fri 7:00am-9:00pm, Sat-Sun 9:00am-9:00pm.

First Review by Thegreenhairdoc

Eh - Edit

Nice, fruity setup! The staff were very friendly and attentive. We went in with very high hopes! They do use honey, so keep an eye on what you order.

Pros: meatless, dairy free, egg free options

Cons: 16 dollars for two smoothies that tasted like pure

Disappointing experience for the price - Edit

I tried out this place once, although this isn't my first experience with the whole smoothie bowl. It was okay as far as smoothie bowls go for flavor and since there's not really any other competition in the area for smoothie bowls, that's the only reason it gets 3 stars. I won't be coming back for the following reasons:

It's rather expensive compared to other quick service options. And then add a cost for being expected to tip the employees (the payment app provides you with a handy option for 15%, 20%, or 25%) for scooping pre-made fruit in a bowl when I'm also expected to pick up my own food from the counter, clean my table, and return dirty plates to the counter.

Based on the website description, I had gotten the impression that the employees would be special diet savvy, as I'm vegan but the granola displayed on their counter (which was store bought, much to my consternation; homemade granola is delicious and easy) had honey. When I asked if they have a vegan granola with no honey, I was told it was gluten-free, which did not instill much faith in their special diet knowledge.

I also had to get the bowl without two toppings (most bowls come with honey and nutella) and no provided vegan alternatives. As a vegan, it's not enjoyable to try out a restaurant that says it is vegan-friendly on the website but still feel like you're missing out on something simply because they don't want to come up with a vegan alternative (of course there are vegan options for chocolate hazelnut spread and honey for goodness' sake). Nowadays with so many vegan options, it's not really acceptable for a restaurant that claims to be vegan-friendly to just take off two toppings and charge the same price without any vegan subs.

They rely much too heavily on store-bought products for the price that they charge. I was very disappointed to see them using another store bought product, nutella, in most of their bowls, and essentially I am paying a lot of money for them to assemble ingredients I could have gotten at Publix. The only thing I hope that is made in house is the fruit base blend, and it seems from other reviews that it is all pre-made.

This is basically somewhere you would go if you were willing to pay an exorbitant cost for the convenience of not chopping your bananas at home or washing the dishes (but you still have to bring them to the sink!). Just go home and add agave to your strawberries and you'll save $12.

Pros: only one of its kind in the area, good location

Cons: not very fun for vegans, uninformed staff

really good - Edit

Great Vegan options. Lots to choose from and the owner was great to talk to.

Pros: many vegan options. lots of fruit

Cons: none

Return to Palm Harbor Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Grain and Berry closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.