Grad School

Contact 417-866-8163

434 S Jefferson Ave, Springfield, Missouri, USA, ‎65806

Serves meat, vegan options available. Little restaurant, has a tofu burger. Reportedly cooks veg & non-veg in same pots - ask to separate.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Fast food, Non-veg

First Review by luv2fly5em

Meh. - Edit

I'm always happy to find vegan-friendly restaurants in a vegan-unfriendly city like Springfield, but I was disappointed. My food wasn't great and it was so noisy I could barely hear my friend--a foot away--over the din. And it's super, super cramped in there. If I had gone on a sunny day and had utilized their outdoor seating, I'm sure I would have had a better experience.
I got the falafel burger, which was decent. It tasted alright but was very crumbly. The fries were okay. I didn't try their hummus, but I've heard good things.

Pros: Vegan options

Cons: Not worth the price, Way too small for amt of business

Okay (Not Great) Vegan Options - Edit

I was happy to find Grad School while visiting Springfield. It was nice to go somewhere where I could get some vegan food that was not Subway, Taco Bell, etc. As mentioned in other reviews, there are several menu items including Rasta Pasta, Baja Burritos, and Tacos where you can pick your protein, and a falafel patty is an option.
The good news is that gives you several dishes to choose from. Unfortunately, my husband and I did not find the food to be that great (we had the pasta and the burrito). The falafel just didn't go very well with the rest of the food, and it wasn't even very good falafel. That being said, the portions are huge, it's reasonably priced, and the atmosphere is fun.
I would consider going back if I was in Springfield, but would definitely be up for trying somewhere else if they had veg options.

Pros: Veg Options, Huge Portions

Cons: So-so food

Best food EVER! - Edit

We drive an hour just to eat here! They let you pick your protein for many of their dishes. You will not regret going here!!

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff

Cons: none

Hole in the wall- worth exploring - Edit

Grad School is a great little place, carrying on a few menu items from the old days when Rasta Grill occupied the tiny little diner. The atmosphere still has that laid back vibe it always had, but now has a the best vegetarian selection in town. It is a pretty good feeling having several menu choices to pick from in Springfield MO! I've had the Rasta Pasta, Baja Burrito, and the tacos. You can "pick your protein" in many items- with tofu & spicy falafel for vegetarians. Some items not available vegan.

Pros: Old small noisy diner, Watching the cooks, Excellent flavors

Cons: Small & Noisy if that bothers you

Hip, Casual, Inexpensive! - Edit

Was surprised to find a vegetarian restaurant in Springfield, but it was very good. I had the Baja Burrito, which had a black bean salsa and basmati rice with veggies. Delicious!

Lots of choices. Almost everything on the menu allows you to "choose your protein". For vegetarians or vegans, that's a falafel mixture.

I recommend!

Pros: selection, price, quality

Cons: none

Return to Springfield Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Grad School closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2065 times since Jun 2009.