• Govindas Vegetarian Food & Yoga

• (17)
  • White Vegetarian
Juice bar
Latin

Offers a meal of the day consisting of soup, salad, rice, beans or other dish (plantains, casserole or others) and drink (sesame milk or others). Staff do not speak English. Clean establishment. Popular with locals. Relocated from Calle 11. Open Mon-Sun 9:00am-7:00pm.

Venue map for Govindas Vegetarian Food & Yoga
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by Sissysully

7080pippi

Points +32

24 Jan 2023

Enttäuschend

Die umfangreiche Speisekarte hält nicht was sie verspricht. Es gab nur wenige Speisen zur Auswahl. Das Zitronenwasser war überteuert.

EmaVegan

Points +126

21 Jan 2023

Very good food, fully vegan 😊

Very nice owner and yummy food, really. Warth to go! This might be the only fully vegan place in Leticia. The owner speaks a bit of English😄Unfortunately looks like his business doesn't bring much attention, we were the only costumers and the lights were off when we came in. Vegan travellers - go and support it! 😊

Pros: Owner speaks a little bit of English 😊, Yummy, nutricious, Fully vegan

Cons: Brings little attention :(

maorixio

Points +61

08 Nov 2022

Only real vegan option

Only real vegan option

Pros: Opciones veganas sin contaminación cruzada

Cons: Podrían ponerle más sazón a la comida

LarissaK

Points +2906

04 Jul 2022

very bland but at least it's there 🤣

There are not many vegan options in Leticia, so we tried out this Hari Krishna place. The owner is friendly and makes everything by himself. I get that they might have their clean eating spiritual guidelines, but the food is very bland and lacked taste.

Pros: 100% vegan, only one in town, friendly owner, clean and healthy

Cons: too bland, food lacks condiments, noisy, because of the street

maayanv

Points +317

05 Apr 2022

Cheap, but not so tasty .. The majority was tasteless

Only if your hostel can not make something nice vegan, go ...

Updated from previous review on 2022-04-05

Elex.verdulera

Points +1691

02 Apr 2022

I ate a burger

This is the only vegan place in Leticia si I’m grateful for finding something , but the quality isn’t the best ,

DrVip

Points +206

23 Mar 2022

Chilled

A Hari Krishna place. Very nice staff. Food was not amazing but great to find a vegan place in this sleepy town

Pros: Very chilled and great service , Cheap, Healthy

Cons: Dishes of the day only, Food was average and needed more flavour

ThomasWolfe

Points +230

19 Mar 2022

Nice place

A very nice man working was super accommodating and made us his own almond milk when we asked for some.

Minnemade

Points +1160

08 Mar 2022

Yoga and vegetarian food in the Amazon

We arrived around 10.30 am and the owner let us wait in the restaurant before we had our flight, which was very nice. They even set out the terrace so we could sit outside. We ended up having the lunch menu: 3 courses for about 12.000 pesos. I really liked how they used local ingredients. Everything was fresh and delicious and the lunch menu was completely vegan. One small point of critique: some sides were a bit too salty. Apart from that it was nice to have a decent vegan lunch in Leticia with relaxing yoga music on the background. They also offer yoga classes!

Pros: Vegan lunch menu (do check before you order), Cheap lunch with fresh ingredients, Yoga studio

arealhumanbean

Points +28

10 Oct 2019

Tasty vegan food

Tasty heathy well priced vegan food & friendly staff. Ordered the meal of the day which came with soup, a main and a dessert. Will visit again tomorrow.

LivCebo

Points +351

Mostly Veg
29 Dec 2018

The only vegetarian restaurant

This is the only vegetarian place in Leticia, so we ended up eating here 3 days in a row. All three days we tried menu of the day and it was always a different soup, and different protein (red beans, chickpeas, white beans). The meal is well balanced, with rice, salads, cooked veggies (usually broccoli and green beans) and some beans. The menu comes with a dessert and a drink and its only 10.000pesos.

They also have other articles on their menu, which are also nice. In our 3 days of trying the restaurant, they never had the lasagna that they have on the menu. Everything else was available.

Overall, decent restaurant with ok food.

TobiasWestholm

Points +48

21 Jul 2018

Pretty good

Reasonable prices. 12 pesos for a wrap and 15 for a lasagne.
They were pretty quick with delivering the food. Not much protein rich ingredients in my wrap and most dishes were just vegeterian.
Juices were good and cheap!
Nice, calm music.

Veggierad

Points +38

19 May 2018

Not many vegan options

I visited here before taking a boat Fromm Leticia to Iquitos. Unfortunately most of their food is veggie and not vegan. I had fried plantains with sweet corn and tomato and without cheese. It wasn’t very filling but I was greatful to have somewhere to eat otherwise I probably would’ve had to find some hot water and make some cous cous that’s I brought from home! My veggie friend had the lasagne which we realised is pre-made in individual portions and kept in the fridge until omeone orders it. I wouldn’t go with high expectations but at least it’s an option for us veggie/vegans in what feels like the middle of nowhere!

pigeonbox

Points +26

27 Nov 2017

best avoided

I came here for dinner and my arrival seemed to be an inconvenience for the owner, although I was the only guest. The meal took half an hour to arrive, and while I waited another man did yoga on a mat behind me.

I don't know why the food took so long to prepare because it turned out to be just reheated and quite dry arepas. Which cost 17,000 COP including a juice.

In Leticia there are some very well stocked supermarkets, I would recommend buying some provisions and making your own meals instead. You can get excellent coffee at The Donut Company however. (Sadly the donuts aren't vegan!)

veggiegringa

Points +208

Mostly Veg
13 Jun 2017

The only place in town?

We walked all over Leticia not finding anywhere we were willing to eat until we stumbled upon this place next to the Parque Santander. We ate there twice in two days, at least once for dinner, so i'm not sure if the hours are correct on this listing. The food wasn't super memorable, but nutritious and generally tasty. The service was super friendly--i think they were closing the first night we were there, but threw something together for us with a smile.

Pros: friendly staff, convenient location

Cons: limited menu?

JhonCasttle

Points +20

28 May 2017

Govindas Vegetarian Food & Yoga

Hi! I'm the Chef in Govinda's Leticia now we have a new location, in the Santander's Park (principal park in leticia), Calle 11 #10-56.
contact us +57 3204874066
we wait for your!

Sissysully

Points +17

04 Feb 2017

Super healthy but a little bland

My husband and I went to try out this restaurant for lunch. We had tried to go for breakfast but we were told we had call before hand for breakfast, but that lunch was from 12:30 - 2:30. For $10 mil we got a lot of food - platano soup, a meat made from grains which was really good, some veggies, salad, rice, juice, and a postre. We both really liked the meat substitute and the soup, but the rest needed a little more seasoning. The service was super fast though. I would go back.