Govinda's Vegetarian Buffet

Contact 808-595-4913

51 Coelho Way (at Oahu), Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, 96817

Self-service, all-you-can-eat veggie food. Lunch meals includes a fresh juice drink. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-2:00pm.

Category: Lacto, American, Buffet, Hare Krishna

First Review by Patrickx814

have lunch under the Banyan Tree - Edit

Vegetarian Buffet with a few vegan dishes which are not labeled so you have to ask to make sure. Huge banyan tree in the back yard... peaceful atmosphere and great tasting indian food.

Nice Setting - Edit

Over the 10 or 15 years I've been visiting, the rotating menu (5 days) really hasn't changed, and never has excited me much. But the setting is great...if a bit off the beaten track, an easy bus ride. Current price $13 "suggested".

Pros: Trees, Nice People

Cons: Lack Of "Pros" Related To Food

Simple, Wholesome, Tasty - Edit

I ate here on my first visit to Hawaii (5 years back, spring 2010) & as there are few reviews & I now have smartphone, I'm adding mine. This is typical Hari Krishna food which is like a healthier, simplified version of Indian food (way less spice, salt & oil). Almost everything was vegan & I enjoyed it immensely after a week in Waianea (where vegan seemed unheard of). It was also quite cheap (maybe 6$/person?) for a good variety.
However, the hours are limited & I wouldn't necessarily recommend going out of your way. If you're nearby during open hours, it is worth checking out.

Pros: Mostly vegan options, Inexpensive, Peaceful atmosphere

Cons: Limited hours

Only Open For Lunch - Edit

My husband and I went all the way out here by bus only to find out they are no longer open for dinner. We arrived at 4:30 and waited til 5 and then went in and asked and they said they had "permanantly transitioned to lunch".

It's really frustrating that all of the vegetarian restaurants seem to only be open for lunch and none are open for dinner anymore.

I suggest going to Ruffage or Veggie Star if you're looking for a place you can actually get food at after 2pm for vegetarians/vegans.

A pleasant place to eat in Paradise - Edit

Govinda's has several locations throughout Honolulu and Waikiki. I ate at the Govinda's located at the Krishna temple. It is a buffet that starts at 12:15 PM and lasts approximately an hour. They were very friendly and it was well priced considering all your options and the freshness of everything. It is not 100% Vegan, but they are more than happy to let you know what dishes have dairy in them.

Pros: Fresh, Clean, Friendly

Cons: Hours

Return to Honolulu Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Govinda's Vegetarian Buffet closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5844 times since Aug 2007.