Govindas Surfers Paradise

Contact 0466181495

Shop 6, 3120 Surfers Paradise Blvd, Surfers Paradise (at besides Islander Resort), Gold Coast, Queensland,

Offers a buffet of Indian dishes like dhal and curry plus rice and salads. For dessert there is vegan cheesecake, mousse cake, sago pudding, halva, raw cake. Formerly Govindas Veg-o-Rama and in 2014 relocated from Shop 134 Centro Shopping Centre Cavill Ave and modified menu to be all-vegan.

Category: Vegan, Indian, Buffet, Take-out, Asian, Catering

First Review by lasm

Amazing - Edit

This place is just incredible. I got the all-you-can-eat just so I could try everything and go back for my favourites! The kofta balls are sooooo good. The staff were wonderful and it's got a great atmosphere. I'd 100% recommend it!!

Pros: delicious , cheap, kofta

The top choice in Surfers! - Edit

I used to visit the previous Govindas in the Paradise Centre when they were vegetarian. They had excellent vegan food then, but for a long time it wasn't always plentiful, until the owner started to see the light.

Since they went vegan last year, Hallelujah! - things are much brighter.

Take your pick from their buffet, which includes a separate salad bar. Hot dishes change, but go from vegetable curries and creamy potato bake to the staple kofta balls.

Eating in - that's what i always do when i'm here - you can get a plate of food for $10 or an unlimited plate - that is, with all the refills you want - for $15. Incredible value!

Sadly, this is the only vegan place in glittering Surfers Paradise. But it's definitely not a case of "Well, go there because there's no other choice."

The food is fresh, the staff are usually friendly, and the cost is low. Really, it's a fantastic deal in Paradise!

Updated from previous review on Sunday April 10, 2016

Pros: variety of food, fresh, inexpensive

The best vegan buffet - Edit

The food in this restaurant is absolutely amazing and so delicious. Even my meat eating boyfriend loved it and was happy to go back numerous times. There is such good variety in the buffet and it is all delicious and unbelievably good value for money. I couldn't recommend this place enough for vegans.

Pros: delicious food , variety, price

Cons: none

My First Vegan Buffett! - Edit

Being both a vegan and a food lover, this place was a culinary paradise. At $12.90 for an all you can eat buffet, you can’t go wrong. I thought places like this only existed in my dreams ;-) Half of our group were meat eaters and they loved it too.

Terrific array of hot and cold options as well as desserts in case you have room left. The staff were friendly and you could tell they really enjoy what they do. It’s just too bad we were visiting otherwise we’d come here all the time!

Pros: Easy for Vegans, Delicious, All You Can Eat!

Cons: There's not one where I live :(

Vegan Paradise - Edit

Affordable, vegan and delicious! By far my favourite restaurant. They say all-you-can-eat, I say challenge accepted

Pros: Good casual vibe, Amazing Flavours, Healthy

Cons: it makes me wish I could eat it everyday

All you can eat, and man do I - Edit

I'm a pretty slim female and I think I continue to amaze staff/friends at how many times I can go back and refill my plate. It is just so good, it's really hard to leave. Very cheap, the tofu salad is just amazing and I usually find salads boring.

Potato bake/Kofas/Pasta bake= yum! There's not one thing there I wouldn't happily fill my plate with. Their ginger juices are really amazing and have made my sore throats disappear in the matter of an hour.

Only bad thing about this place is they offer non-vegan lasso drinks (based on yogurt). Would be really great if they did this vegan, not just because I would buy it, but because I restrain from supporting non-veganism is anyway possible. But other than that it is just.. wow.

Pros: AMAZING food/drinks, Extremely cheap, Great new atmosphere

Cons: Offers yogurt lassi (non vegan)

New location, same great food - Edit

The new Surfers Paradise Govinda's opened at 3120A Surfers Paradise Boulevard in October 2014. It is a lovely, open space, with a bain-marie on one side and a salad bar on another. All the food is vegan, and is denoted as such. The best value meal is the $12.90 all-you-can-eat buffet. However, there are other meal deals available also. There are $5 desserts in the fridge, and cow's milk lassis are also available. The hot food is non-spicy Indian cuisine - absolutely lovely!

Pros: Vegan, Low cost, Fantastic new venue

Yay they went vegan! - Edit

They had just changed to an all vegan menu but kept the menu the same, so now vegans can have the lasagne and pasta bake which have a homemade tofu cheese, yay! And they were delicious! Our son loves the kofta balls which have hidden vegies and we love them too! Worth going also for their desserts, their chocolate mousse cake is so rich we had to share it and we loved the cupcakes, so yummy and fresh :)
They are looking to change the menu board soon and the prices are really cheap and they have combo prices which are fantastic so you can try a few things on one plate.

Pros: Price (cheap), convenient, All vegan

Cons: run out sometimes, no high chair, confusing menu board

Deee-lish! - Edit

This place is exceptional value for money.

The savories are Indian style with some notable exceptions such as the tasty Lasagna. The salads are yum.

The best thing I've ever had here is, hands down, the blueberry cheesecake. It should win some sort of award.

The staff are friendly and the portions are big. If you came here starving, you'd be filled up with a combo plate.

Pros: yum, value

Great Govindas Food - Edit

We had dinner at Govindas @ Surfers Paradise while on holidays on the Gold Coast recently.

The selection of hot dishes and salads is great, there are lots of vegan options (including my favourites - Kofta balls). The food is delicious and the serves are huge! Most of the desserts are unfortunately not vegan but there was vegan Baklava available which was very yummy.

The cafe is quite hidden away inside the huge Centro shopping centre so it's a bit difficult to find. If the cafe were somewhere outside the shopping centre with street access it would be perfect. It's only a 2 minute walk from the beach though which is great.

Tasty, inexpensive and awesome! - Edit

As an American, a Hare Krishna restaurant with amazing vegan options is one of the last things I'd think to see in a shopping center, but there's Govinda's! Govinda's is a mostly vegan Indian restaurant with non-vegan desserts and great Indian music and friendly staff. There's menus for other veggie friendly places around town available at the counter. I loved this place! As did my meat-eating friend who was a good sport and brought me there.

Pros: Good portions, Inexpensive, Delicious

Cons: No vegan desserts

great restaurant - Edit

we've been to surfer's paradise and cavill mall many times, not knowing this place existed. thanks to happycow, we had a chance to try it. this is not your ordinary mall food. they are tucked away in a quiet corner of the mall. not a great place for business, but excellent if you're looking for a quiet place to eat in the midst this bustling area. in the great govinda tradition, the food is delicious and the service is very friendly. the ingredients are fresh. it's always a good sign when you see the cook chopping the fresh veggies. (don't miss their excellent salads.) the price is also very reasonable for the portion. we got the largest combo. the food was literally oozing out of the large plate. the two of us could barely finish it. overall a surprisingly good vegetarian restaurant, in a mall!

Surfer's Paradise - Edit

Located right at the heart of Surfer's paradise main street, Govindas offer cooked vegetarian Indian/Western style. The Lagsania is absolutely mouth watering and the simple cauliflower tempura with sauce dip is very tasty and addictive. Sells them six a pack for $5.

Just opposite the shopping center on the left side of Carville Avenue is the Asian Supermarket, where vegetarian supplies can be bought, such as vegetables, instant noodles, canned food, frozen food and vegetarian spices, sauce. Makes home cooking easy.

Pros: excellent food cooked with love

Return to Gold Coast Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Govindas Surfers Paradise closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 8653 times since Aug 2007.