CLOSED: Govinda's Nottingham

Contact 0115-9859639

7-9 Thurland St (at Clumber Street), Nottingham, England, NG1 3DR

Vaisnava vegetarian restaurant opened in Apr 2013. Uses dairy but not egg, onion, garlic, or mushroom. Offers an all-you-can-eat buffet, menu with daily specials, bakery goods and cakes. Hot and cold drinks include decaf and dairy-free, barley cup, herbal teas. Seats 65. SHUT IN MAY 2015 CONFIRMED BY ITS FB. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-6:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-9:30pm, Sun 11:00am-3:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, International, Western, Buffet, Delivery, Take-out, Bakery, Catering

First Review by christinaloveshummus

Good - Edit

decided to update my review since the refurbishment of the restaurant!

The quality and taste of the food is amazing as usual, however my 3/5 comes mainly from the menu change. Previously Govinda's was pretty much the only place where I could go to eat and feel full afterwards, however since the removal of all you can eat buffet option I feel it is another place where I leave not feeling wholly satisfied. It is possible to get extra bowls for £1 each, but this would work out being considerably more pricey than the previous £7.95 "Govinda's Special".

In whole; the food is excellent, but the portion sizes leave much to be desired for me personally.

*EDIT* Something I forgot to mention was that I would also be more than happy to pay an increased price for that buffet option, were it even reintroduced, even up to £15 - simply because the quality and taste of the food is fantastic!

Pros: Very tasty, lovely staff, clear distinction betwee

Cons: No more all you can eat

Good place to visit - Edit

We went for lunch here during our holiday in the UK and loved it. Friendly staff and a lot of options for vegans too. We loved our burger and fries.

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff

Cons: bit outdated interior

Tasty, nutrious food; relaxed, friendly atmosphere - Edit

I liked Govinda's. The mango lassi was terrific. The dal (Indian bean soup) was very tasty. Nice homemade bread. The lasagna and pasta dishes were wonderful. The panir (curd) tomato and pea dish was also a winner. Friendly staff. Peaceful music. I think everyone should check out Govinda's.

Pros: Great food., Good value., Friendly staff and good music.

great place for a date - Edit

We turned up on a Friday night without a booking and the staff found a table for us with no problem!

The seasonal menu was varied and delicious and all the wines are vegan-friendly.

I need to find another excuse to take my date here again!

Return to Nottingham Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Govinda's Nottingham closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.