Govinda's

Contact +9714-3960088

Street 4A, Al Karama, Dubai, United Arab Emirates,

Offers an extensive menu. Healthier cooking using little or no oil. No garlic or onion. Located on the street behind the Regent Palace Hotel, near 1st Street. Call for hours - tell us.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Buffet

First Review by SatyenPatel

The healthiest version of Indian food I've eaten - Edit

The restaurant boasts that they their food is 100% oil free, and also contains no garlic, no onions, and no mushrooms. So I expected no flavor as well. I was surprised at how good every dish I sampled was. They have a large menu to choose from - a coworker of mine from the region was familiar with many of the dishes so he did the ordering for the six of us, he actually ordered a bit too many dishes but that gave me a chance to get a taste of several things and each one was very tasty, not like the bland Indian food I find back home in Miami. My only disappointment is that there is no Thali on the dinner menu, so if I were dining alone I would not be interested since I would then only order one dish (meant to be shared) instead of getting a variety of tastes. The prices were a bit on the high side, but not unreasonable.

We weren't exactly sure of the restaurant's location, but my smartphone's map and GPS brought us there. As they advertise, it is located on the street behind the Regent Palace Hotel so it is on Street 4A in the Al Karama section of Dubai, near 1st Street. You'll know you are in the right place when you walk in and see a large fake tree coming up from the floor and covering the majority of the ceiling.

Pros: No oil, Huge menu, Tourist friendly

Cons: large (meant to be shared) entrees, No Thali on dinner menu, Prices on the high side

Return to Dubai Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Govinda's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1968 times since Aug 2007.