Govinda's Garden Cafe

Contact 303-333-4000

1400 Cherry St, Denver, Colorado, USA, 80220

Vegetarian restaurant operating since 1985 whose menu became vegan and gluten-free in 2016. Offers lunch and dinner hot buffet with salad bar and house-made dressings; plus a la carte 'happitisers,' cakes, and cookies. Wed-Fri 11:30am-2:00pm, Wed-Sat 5:30pm-9:00pm

Category: Vegan, American, Indian, Organic, Buffet, Salad bar, Take-out

First Review by RichardBoettner

Amazing! - Edit

I love how they are a buffet style restaurant. As a vegan this is rare to come by. Everything was delicious. I couldn't get enough of their homemade bread and pasta dish. They also had really fresh salad bar selections and delicious curry and soup. We ended our meal with a slice of chocolate cake and it was heavenly. Definitely worth checking out if you're in the area.

Pros: atmosphere , staff, food

wonderful thanksgiving buffet! - Edit

What a treat to dine here on Thanksgiving! The buffet did not let down. The hot hibiscus tea is some of the best tasting tea I've ever had! The mashed potatoes were so good and the gravy is 100% some of the best I've ever had. Loved the cornbread!! The yams were to die for...seriously. Yellow rice with golden raisins was one of my favorite items on the buffet. The green beans with almonds was my least favorite. The beans tasted like they were frozen then overcooked. The pecan pumpkin pie was quite good but the apple crisp dessert was divine. The owner greeted us several times and was so warm and welcoming.

Cons: g

Best bread on earth! - Edit

I went for the dinner buffet. There is a fresh, well stocked salad bar with delicious dressings. The hot buffet had a mix of western and eastern dishes. The home made bread was the winner for me! They kept it in the hot side, so it was warm. And there was butter and margarine available to spread on it- so delicious!!! It also went well with a tomato and tvp entree.
I guess sometimes you can buy a loaf of the bread to take home! They were out by the time I got there, but it was almost closing time.
There are also really tasty samosas and pakora that you can order ala carte. I didn't have any room left for dessert!

Pros: Wonderful atmosphere, The bread!, Eco friendly tableware

Love Love Love - Edit

I love this place! I don't know how I didn't know about Govinda's until fairly recently, but I've now been several times, on various nights, and have always caught myself saying "MMMMmmmm... this is so good!!" Always plenty of vegan options... Don't forget to try the homemade chai, with a vegan cookie to dip it in. The love is made right into the food; you can taste it. Delicious!

Pros: delicious food, lots of vegan options, chill atmosphere

Cons: self service a bit confusing

:( - Edit

The new management is greedy. They look at how much food you eat. I ate just 2 plates of rice, and vegetables, but the cashier guy told me I eat 3 people's food! This was because I asked for my student discount. I even emailed them about the issue, but nothing worked. The old management gave me discount for couple years, I miss those guys a lot.

Not good - Edit

The hosts are friendly, but the buffet was not very good. Lukewarm and just not much better than cafeteria food. It would not be a place to take omnivores (unless you want to turn them off from meatless eating).

Small But Wonderful! - Edit

This little restaurant is buffet style Indian cuisine. Everything seems very healthy. Their Italian dressing is AMAZING! And the salad bar is organic to boot. Definitely try them out! And try their homemade vegan cookies!

Pros: Affordable, Delicious, Healthy

$9.95 All-You-Can-Eat yummines - Edit

This is my first time, but I am very impressed. I was welcomed at the door and given a tour of the restaurant and of the buffet. Today, the buffet was all vegan. I am told that lunches are usually all vegan and the dinners will have an entree with dairy.

The buffet was fresh, tasty, and well stocked. I got my money's worth. :)

Great Place - Edit

This restaurant has been around for a long time. I've been visiting it for nearly three decades and have never been disappointed. There is no menu, you pay one price at the door and eat all you can for the a good selection of items. They have salads, pizza, italian dishes, baked goods, sauces, desert, and so much more. You can pick up a month's menu to see what is being served when but no matter what day I go I have been very happy with the selection. The space is not very large but I have never had a problem finding a seat, or sharing a table with someone. I highly suggest this place.

Pros: Very clean, Healthy Homemade food, Always fresh & delicious

Cons: Not a whole lot only some might not like, it is part of the Krishna temple.

Return to Denver Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Govinda's Garden Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 8841 times since Jul 2012.